Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Absolutely fabulous!

Now for the details.......what materials did you use? Have you used any type of top layer/coating yet? Base coat?What do you plan to use for a top coat?

I spent some time looking at movie stills and creating little cartoon interpretations of each character on paper first. Then I used paint markers and freehanded the characters on the band. I did not do a base coat and I have not yet applied a top coat. I plan to use a spray-on acrylic sealer on both the Star Wars one and the Small World one. Leaving for Disney in 5.5 days! So excited to try them out and see how they hold up!

How did you do this one? Is it nail polish with a few mickey heads painted in by hand? It looks lovely!

What polish is that? I love it!! The colors work perfectly with the purple band and the almost splatter paint look is really cool!

Here's the secret formula:
1 coat of All About the Base by Defy & Inspire from Target
3 coats of Disney World or Bust by SweetHeartPolish on Etsy (it has the Mickey Ears already in the polish)
2 coats of Over the Top by Defy & Inspire from Target

The store on Etsy has other varieties of "Disney themed" nail polish also.

3 coats of Disney World or Bust by SweetHeartPolish on Etsy (it has the Mickey Ears already in the polish)

Ahh, Disney nail polish!!! That sounds like a project I can do!!!! :) thanks for the tip!

I've seen that polish store on Etsy, thank you for sharing!

I paint our bands for each trip, but my favorite is still the purple glitter nail polish band I made for myself in 2014 - I always end up liking the look better than acrylics (because I don't have the talent that some other acrylic users do!!)

LOVE IT

I have seen small steam punk gluable metal icons at Micheals. They have things like fake gears and such they could work if your able to get a good glue to stick them on with. Another idea is a little bit a black lace.[/QUOTE

That sounds really cool!

Has anyone painted on the MB 2.0 yet? The center (removable section) is a different material than the band itself and I'm not sure how it will take the paint, or if it will stay very well.
Yes...would very much like to see what folks are doing with the new MB's?

01a49851a26fe5c86341e3d01032f11204552d4e10.jpg These are my bands from 2013, the gray one, and 2015 the Jack and Sally one. I really like how the Jack and Sally came out...they were tattoos, with some nail embelishments. The gray was my very first, and I did it and redid it several times, it was my practice one...but I have to say it held up incredibly well, so did Jack and Sally. That was just clear coated with nail polish after applying the tattoo.

How does the wider Mickey face in the middle feel on your wrist? Is it comfortable?

I thought it felt fine. I'm used to wearing a watch anyway. Sadly, though, my band came off (on the bus, I think) and was lost. :(

It was near the end of the trip, and Disney was great about instantly deactivating it and replacing it with a card that linked to all my remaining Fast Passes and everything - but I'm not sure whether it was a fluke, or I just didn't click it securely, or what??

I'm glad I took pics of it to post here!

Just finished my DH's band! He requested Star Wars and he loves the quote by Admiral Ackbar -"It's a Trap!" So I flipped the RFID puck upside down and utilized the Mickey Symbol! Took me a good while to design the tiny, tiny icon versions of each character but I think it was well worth it. He LOVES it!!

IMG_1586_zpskvcpqu57.jpg

IMG_1584_zpsv0j3tvre.jpg

IMG_1585_zps3hz7iohb.jpg

Oh my gosh, that's fabulous!! - So creative with flipping the center!

How does the wider Mickey face in the middle feel on your wrist? Is it comfortable?

I also found the band to be comfortable. I wear a Fitbit Alta on my right wrist and the Magicband 2.0 on my left wrist which is not used to a watch or band or any kind. I did not really notice it unless I washed my hands and got water under it, which was easy to fix.

The new band is lightweight and I wear a big watch so I am used to a larger face anyway, but because I like to wear multiple bands and my watch, it is kind of weird. I wore my new band, along with two of my old bands, and the new one was the only one that was sweaty when I took them off.

I still need to take photos, but I decorated my MB 2.0 band using acrylic leather paints and sealer, even on the center part....and regular acrylics when I needed a couple of additional colors. It all went on easily (except the actual Mickey head seemed to need more coats to adhere and cover well), and it is very flexible on the band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter