Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I finished DH & my bands. I think they came out ok. I used tattoos & nail polish for mine & stickers & nail polish for DH's. I think the tattoos worked better, though I kind moved one tinker during transfer causing her bust area to look off. I couldn't find storm trooper tattoos, so I used stickers. I think tattoos would've looked nicer, but the stickers aren't bad.
They came out really nice. I used tattoos on my old one and covered it with clear/sparkle nail polish and they came out really cool as well, and I still have mine from two years ago and used it this year. No cracks. Still perfect.

There never was any issues covering the Mickey head with crystals on the original bands. It's the same technology on the new bands so I would not think there would be any issue with them either.

Has anyone glued rhinestones on top of the Mickey head? Will there be scanning issues?

Someone else had asked just a little higher up on the page. We've done things on the Mickey head with no issues. I tend to think that those who state there are either haven't tried or just didn't have the Mickey head lined up with the scanner. Even people who have plain bands have issues doing that. A CM will look at a band and blame the stone. I found that having something on the band actually made my scans 100% because I could more easily line it up.

Someone else had asked just a little higher up on the page. We've done things on the Mickey head with no issues. I tend to think that those who state there are either haven't tried or just didn't have the Mickey head lined up with the scanner. Even people who have plain bands have issues doing that. A CM will look at a band and blame the stone. I found that having something on the band actually made my scans 100% because I could more easily line it up.

I've never known anyone to have a problem scanning a MagicBand with Rhinestones on. The only thing that will cause a problem is covering the icon/puck with anything metal. As long as you steer clear of metal you should be fine.

I've never known anyone to have a problem scanning a MagicBand with Rhinestones on. The only thing that will cause a problem is covering the icon/puck with anything metal. As long as you steer clear of metal you should be fine.

that's cool! I have rhinestones on the puck, and they are definitely plastic. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

And metal around the puck is ok as long as it doesn't cover the Mickey Head, yes?

We just got back from a 2 week stay and our DD decorated about 14 magic bands. We were a party of 12 and some had 2 bands. I painted my own to help her out. She is way more talented than me but she had so many to do. We used nail polish for all - no base coat and a spray matte acrylic sealer.
This is Mr and Mrs Incredible and Mr and Mrs Potato head. These were for a family that we were going with (husband and wife and Mr and Mrs potato head for her parents). Then their kids were the Star wars one and Beauty and the beast stain glass.

IMG_9924.JPG IMG_9925.JPG IMG_9943.JPG IMG_9944.JPG IMG_9898.JPG IMG_9901.JPG

These were the ones that I painted. We were staying part of the time at the Poly so I made a Poly one. The other one of course is Its a small world. My DD helped me with some of the writing. I am in no way an artist as you can tell but I had fun learning from my DD. We love our time spending doing magic bands. Again we used nail polish and no base coat with a matte acrylic spray paint to seal it. None of them had cracks.

IMG_9900.JPG IMG_9902.JPG

@DisneyFansInNYC WOW! Those are awesome! Your daughter truly is talented! I don't know how she and others can get so detailed with nail polish. Does she use different brushes? I hope everyone appreciated her hard work.

I wish I had her talent - she doesn't get how talented she is. We got so many compliments in Disney. We use Migi Nail pens and the Shany Nail Art set - look them up. They are very very thin - when we need other colors we use thin brushes. We have a large container to hold all of the nail polish for magic bands. We also use the Migi Nail pens for making Mickey heads and other Disney designs on our toes and fingernails. Thank you for your post - I will show my daughter. She loves the feedback. She has an instagram just set up for her decorated magic bands. Also when she is there she takes a picture of the magic band all over Disney. This is the one she took of my Poly magic band in the Poly lobby. It is fun.

IMG_9850.JPG

This is the magic band we made for my DH. We always try to give him unique magic bands. Plus he loved when he was picked by Roz to be "That Guy". These pictures were also taken after we got back from a 2 week Disney trip. So it held up wonderfully. No base coat - nail polish - then a matte acrylic spray sealer.

PicCollage.png

I made these on our last trip back before the new style of magic bands were released. I used printable fabric that I sized and sewed into little sleeves. We were able to change them to other designs as the mood struck us. My mood was always on Game of Thrones and Aerosmith! I did several others but I forgot to take pictures of them.

20141129_165113 (2).jpg 20141201_152524 (2).jpg 20141130_084423 (2).jpg

I made these on our last trip back before the new style of magic bands were released. I used printable fabric that I sized and sewed into little sleeves. We were able to change them to other designs as the mood struck us. My mood was always on Game of Thrones and Aerosmith! I did several others but I forgot to take pictures of them.

View attachment 265162 View attachment 265163 View attachment 265164

Very cool! I've never seen printable fabric - did you use it with a regular inkjet printer? Any particular brand you like best? I could think of lots of ways to use that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!