Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

My newest MB2:

p2558483909-3.jpg
Wow, very Avatar like....I love this look! Great job, very different than anything I've seen. I may have to copy you...LOL!

Wow, very Avatar like....I love this look! Great job, very different than anything I've seen. I may have to copy you...LOL!

I did have one CM specifically say they thought it was something new from Avatar. And a couple others who said they'd buy it if I sold them. lol

Good news....we are doing a split stay, so we will get two sets of bands...who hoo! I'm definitely going to try the Avatar like one, I just loved that one, and I'm going to try and paint a banchee on the other! I'll post after they are done, it will be awhile...Feb. stay.

My newest MB2:

p2558483909-3.jpg
Wow, that's beautiful! I've been struggling for a design to paint a Pandora/Avatar inspired Magic Band (as I'm not the best at drawing). I am pretty good at making jewelry though. I think you've given me a much better idea for a band to match the Pandora Mickey Ears I created. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Wow, that's beautiful! I've been struggling for a design to paint a Pandora/Avatar inspired Magic Band (as I'm not the best at drawing). I am pretty good at making jewelry though. I think you've given me a much better idea for a band to match the Pandora Mickey Ears I created. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Thank you! Lucky you having jewelry making experience - I had none! Should have seen me standing in the aisle trying to figure out just what to buy. :rotfl2: Then youtube was my friend. Originally I was thinking of a metal wire holder but realized I really didn't have the skills to get that one. Maybe someday. But once I settled on this it was easy enough to do and fun to make!

Pandora Ears and Magic Band.jpg
Thanks to KAT4DISNEY's awesome idea, here is the Pandora band to go with the Pandora ears I made about a month ago. I'm now glad I was having such a creative block regarding the band, because this is so much better than anything I would have painted. Leaving for WDW in ten days.pirate:

View attachment 277149
Thanks to KAT4DISNEY's awesome idea, here is the Pandora band to go with the Pandora ears I made about a month ago. I'm now glad I was having such a creative block regarding the band, because this is so much better than anything I would have painted. Leaving for WDW in ten days.pirate:
Came out really cool! So you removed the band and just added the clip attachment to fasten it? And...does the middle have holes to put the band through? It's just really, really nice!

Oh my, that is beautiful!:worship: I’m sure it’s been asked and answered, so forgive me for asking- but how did you do that? Hot glue? Where did you get the bling? Thanks!:love:

I get my crystals from a site called artbeads.
You need to look for swarovski crystal flatback (NOT Hotfix)
I used about 300 crystals in various sizes.
Glue used is E6000 (clear)
I use a wax tip tool to pick up the crystals and a toothpick to smear the glue, working in small sections at a time. :thumbsup2

Edit to add: you can also get the crystals off of Amazon, but I had no luck finding this color.

I get my crystals from a site called artbeads.
You need to look for swarovski crystal flatback (NOT Hotfix)
I used about 300 crystals in various sizes.
Glue used is E6000 (clear)
I use a wax tip tool to pick up the crystals and a toothpick to smear the glue, working in small sections at a time. :thumbsup2

Edit to add: you can also get the crystals off of Amazon, but I had no luck finding this color.
Your band is super pretty!

Came out really cool! So you removed the band and just added the clip attachment to fasten it? And...does the middle have holes to put the band through? It's just really, really nice!
Thank you! Looks like you got most of the answers to your questions. YouTube videos can show you how to macrame the puck holder portion (search "How to Wrap a Stone or Macrame - How to Wrap a Cabochon"). The band was created using the same technique used to make paracord bracelets. There are hundreds of videos on how to do that. I used a simple cobra weave for the tan colored rope and then criss crossed the remaining white rope from the macrame'd puck holder as an accent. Good luck if you decide to try one!

Thank you! Looks like you got most of the answers to your questions. YouTube videos can show you how to macrame the puck holder portion (search "How to Wrap a Stone or Macrame - How to Wrap a Cabochon"). The band was created using the same technique used to make paracord bracelets. There are hundreds of videos on how to do that. I used a simple cobra weave for the tan colored rope and then criss crossed the remaining white rope from the macrame'd puck holder as an accent. Good luck if you decide to try one!
Oh, I'm definitely going to try one for sure. Just trying to decide on the color. The orange goes great with the browns and tans...I may go that route. Love just thinking about it. LOL!

Sorry if I missed it, but I can't find what I'm looking for online. Can someone give detailed dimensions/pics w ruler/trace the 2.0? My wrist fits the color only, partner needs the grey a bit. Looking to get an accurate idea of scale. Especially where the design changed. TIA!

Oh, I'm definitely going to try one for sure. Just trying to decide on the color. The orange goes great with the browns and tans...I may go that route. Love just thinking about it. LOL!
Did you use paracord for the bracelet part?

I plan to use acryllic paints for our bands. What is the best base coat and then top coat for our bands once painted?

I plan to use acryllic paints for our bands. What is the best base coat and then top coat for our bands once painted?

I used nail polish and they held up great. I even wore one into the pool. Not sure if craft paint would crack or not? I know people have used leather paint and that doesn’t crack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter