• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Studio City Hotel lately?

Saffron

Palm Tree Hugger
What did you think? I was thinking about staying there when we visit US/IOA. :) Seems like fun.

I've stayed there twice in the past and have no complaints. The hotel is very clean and the staff is great. The view of Universal from the upper floors is great. The hotel is themed to the "golden age" of movies which kind of goes with the USF theming. The rooms are about average size, maybe a bit small.

Jim

I did a search and wanted to bump this up because I need some opinions. I accrued enough Starwood points from our recent stay at the Dolphin that I could get 2 nights for free. We will be back in Orlando in August.

So if anyone has any more recent experiences please post.

Thanks.

I've visited there twice in the last 18 months and would thoroughly endorse jtopicz1's views. A good, fun, above-average hotel with exceptional views. It is ideally situated on I-Drive, too, and you could even walk to Universal if you fancied the exercise :DS

We spent a night here last July. Got it through Priceline for $30.00 ($41 after taxes and fees). It was renovated after the Sheraton took it over, I think it was a HoJo's before. The building has kind of a funny design to it. It is circular tower with the rooms laid out around the central elevator. (I went looking for the ice machine and walked a full circle before realizing it. Duh!)

It has a Hollywood Movies theme. Everything was clean and the staff was nice. It is close to Universal, but it is also near the high traffic portion of International Drive. (Just don't go past Universal Blvd, you'll never make it out.)

There's a IHOP next door, a Sweet Tomatoes salad bar across the street and a 7-eleven close by. Also very close to the Belz Outlet mall.

Hope this helps, Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter