Has anyone stayed in the Copper Creek Cabins yet? Is it worth the splurge?

Debs H

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys
Just wanted to ask if anyone has stayed at Copper Creek Cabins yet? What did you think? Any pictures?
Considering having a splurge and spending a couple of days there during our next trip.

Debs:sunny:

I'm interested also. There have been a couple of posts from people touring the cabins but I don'y know if anyone has stayed there. If they are anything like the Bungalows (I know they don't the view of the MK) I bet they're great.

I was just about to ask the same. We have one night planned in a CC cabin in mid sept. was hoping for some input on cabin location request. We would like to see the EWP from the cabin but don't want to be one of the last cabins away from the pools. We are only staying one night and plan to just relax at the pools and have a nice meal.

Last edited:
I'm also eagerly awaiting cabin reports. We have a cabin booked, but not until May.

I was just about to ask the same. We have one night planned in a CC cabin in mid sept. was hoping for some input on cabin location request. We would like to see the EWP from the cabin but don't want to be one of the last cabins away from the pools. We are only staying one night and plan to just relax at the pools and have a nice meal.
Then we expect to see a full report (with Pics) as soon as you return. I think the place to see the EWP would be in one of the cabins to the east. Personally, I would like to stay about half way down the east cabins.

I toured a cabins and loved it and think it is worth the point cost and also think the Poly bungalows are not worth the point cost.

Points cost is equivalent to we'll over $2000 dollars a night at $13 a point rental. The video tours look fabulous, but no accommodation worth that to me.

Points cost is equivalent to we'll over $2000 dollars a night at $13 a point rental. The video tours look fabulous, but no accommodation worth that to me.
I know what you're saying and the cost is high but in September, the cost per night is only 87. That's $1131 @ $13.00 per night. Still high but lower than $2K

We have a two night stay booked for this weekend. I'll report back!
Looking forward to your report. Have you decided where you are going to request? Ask the Resort about getting to and from the furthest cabins. there has been so discussion about this in the forums. the east most and west most cabins are a far hike to the pool and the main building. We would like to use our bikes if possible. Thanks

I know what you're saying and the cost is high but in September, the cost per night is only 87. That's $1131 @ $13.00 per night. Still high but lower than $2K

Sure it is more expensive but It's a 2 bedroom, single unit with significant upgrades compared to the regular DVC rooms. I certainly wouldn't be booking this regularly but one or two nights to experience it seems worth it to me. I never think of my out of pocket in terms of point rental. That's not realistic as my true out of pocket cost goes across 45years and is much lower than $13/point.

Sure it is more expensive but It's a 2 bedroom, single unit with significant upgrades compared to the regular DVC rooms. I certainly wouldn't be booking this regularly but one or two nights to experience it seems worth it to me. I never think of my out of pocket in terms of point rental. That's not realistic as my true out of pocket cost goes across 45years and is much lower than $13/point.
I agree with everything you said. The $13 per point calculation is a one time rental fee and does not reflect the true value of the points (in my opinion). I was pointing out that it is not as expensive as Wakey said. I own at the Poly and have stayed at the Bungalows and loved it. In fact, We are staying in a Bungalow for a couple days over New Years Eve and can't wait for that vacation. Until you stay in a Cabin or Bungalow, you don't really understand the benefits. When we stay at the Bungalows, we don't go to the parks. We hang at the resort and take it easy in the Bungalow. It is a different type of vacation. There is no comparison even to the 3 bedroom villas (in my opinion). The CC Cabins offer something that the Poly Bungalows don't, that is more privacy. We'll be adding on at CC mostly for the Cabins.

I agree with everything you said. The $13 per point calculation is a one time rental fee and does not reflect the true value of the points (in my opinion). I was pointing out that it is not as expensive as Wakey said. I own at the Poly and have stayed at the Bungalows and loved it. In fact, We are staying in a Bungalow for a couple days over New Years Eve and can't wait for that vacation. Until you stay in a Cabin or Bungalow, you don't really understand the benefits. When we stay at the Bungalows, we don't go to the parks. We hang at the resort and take it easy in the Bungalow. It is a different type of vacation. There is no comparison even to the 3 bedroom villas (in my opinion). The CC Cabins offer something that the Poly Bungalows don't, that is more privacy. We'll be adding on at CC mostly for the Cabins.

OMG, I had not even giving adding on at CC a thought. But, if we love our December stay as much as I think we will, I will give that a serious thought. The sort quiet vacation you describe appeals to me, probably at the end of a WDW vacation.

I wish we could own enough points for a week in a cabin every couple of years, but it isn't going to happen. So now I am hoping that we will save enough of our points from other resorts to add to our 65 CCV points for a night or two (doubtful) in a cabin for our 40th anniversary in 2020.

I wish we could own enough points for a week in a cabin every couple of years, but it isn't going to happen. So now I am hoping that we will save enough of our points from other resorts to add to our 65 CCV points for a night or two (doubtful) in a cabin for our 40th anniversary in 2020.
I would never be able to convince DH to buy enough for an extensive CC stay. I would need to be satisfied with 2-3 nights. The question is are they priced right for them to be available at 7 months. The bungalows are, but they are so expensive.

I would never be able to convince DH to buy enough for an extensive CC stay. I would need to be satisfied with 2-3 nights. The question is are they priced right for them to be available at 7 months. The bungalows are, but they are so expensive.
3 nights should be fine especially if you hang around the resort. I'm thinking that even though they are less points than the Bungalows, they should be available. Remember, there are 10 more cabins than bungalows

I'm looking forward to reviews! The cabins seem to appeal to me more than the bungalows, I think because of the screened-in porch & hot tub as opposed to the plunge pool.

3 nights should be fine especially if you hang around the resort. I'm thinking that even though they are less points than the Bungalows, they should be available. Remember, there are 10 more cabins than bungalows

Well, if they are available at 7 months, at least for a few years, we should be fine!:)

My next huge point splurge will be at Aulani, in September, 2018. DH wants to try for a GV, and one of our guests has points to chip in. We would do 5 nights, she gets 2, MS should be able to link the reservations, right? We could do a 3 way phone call. I think we would call 2 or 3 days into the 7 month period to be able to hopefully book the whole week.

I just booked two nights in a cabin for mid January (five months out). It was a splurge as those two nights are more points than our first five nights in a two-bedroom at OKW. But I love the Wilderness Lodge and knew I wanted to try it there especially if we can never afford the points to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts