Has anyone used a Zinger?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I know it's not for anyone wheelchair-bound. I use a rollator, but even with that I walk VERY slowly. And I have a mobility scooter that breaks into parts for transport, but even that's too heavy for me to carry or put together. The Zinger looks like an option, but in the videos, it looks like it goes too fast for me. Any experiences? If so, how is it?

I know it's not for anyone wheelchair-bound. I use a rollator, but even with that I walk VERY slowly. And I have a mobility scooter that breaks into parts for transport, but even that's too heavy for me to carry or put together. The Zinger looks like an option, but in the videos, it looks like it goes too fast for me. Any experiences? If so, how is it?

Hi, Simba's Mom.

This is the first time I've ever seen a "Zinger".

Thank you for posting. I like seeing new things.

It looks like it weighs 3-lbs less than a Fold & Go MagSHOCK Electric Wheelchair, but the Zinger can be broken down by removing the battery which is only 5-lbs. and cargo basket to make it a little lighter.

It does have a low, medium, high and reverse buttons so you could use the slow button.

A few things that I don't really like. And like you mentioned it may not be for everyone and I know it is not advertised as a wheelchair.

It looks like you need both hands to drive.
The controls are low on the right handle and may be too hard for me to see until I memorized the location of each control button by feel.
And only an 8-mile range (but I always think about WDW use, my weight, etc.)

But it may be an option for some folks

Cost $2499

Specifications
  • Height: 35 in.
  • Height with arm rails: 25 in.
  • Length: 31 in.
  • Width: 25 in.

Seat Bottom
  • Height: 19 in. (measured from floor)
  • Depth: 15 in.
  • Width: 16.5 in.
Frame
6061 Aluminum, Silver Anodized and Nylon Composite
Overall Weight
47 lbs.
Weight of Chair
42 lbs.
Weight of Battery
5 lbs.
Weight Capacity
275 lb. maximum capacity
Speed Range
  • Low: 0-1 mph (1.6 km/h) for indoors on smooth floors
  • Medium: 0-3 mph (5 km/h) for outdoors walking pace
  • High: 0-6 mph (9.5 km/h) for hill climbing or mowed grass
Reverse
0-1 mph (1.6 km/h)
Max. Climbing Angle
10 Degrees (ADA compliant wheelchair ramps are 5 degrees max)
Rotation radius
24 Inches (610 mm)
Motor
DC 36V, 250W, 7A
Battery
36V, 6.6 AH, Lithium-Ion 4 lb. (1.8Kg) highest quality cells
Charger
2.1A, Automatic, input 100-240V, charge time 4 hours or less
Steering/Braking System
Two Lever Controls (hardened steel on tire brake / knurled roller on tire drive)
Arm Rests
Attached in factory. Easily removable with included Hex Key
Front Wheels
6 Inch Non-Marking Solid
Rear Wheels
9 Inch Non-Marking Air Filled (40PSI / 2.8BAR / 275kPa)
Anti-Tip Wheels
50mm PU Solid
Range = 8-miles

User Manual

The video above looked my younger self having to unload my old Pride REVO 3-wheel mobility scooter, but he does it much faster.

I see a person loading the 47-lb Zinger without taking it apart.

I looked at the Zinger as an option - there's another version (it may be a knockoff/copycat) out there as well - and the primary reason I decided against it was the fact that you have to use both hands to control the unit, and how the controls function.

I think that (like any device) given enough time and practice, it would become fairly intuitive. My concern is more with the idea that your hands will be grasping the levers all day - if you have any problems with your hands, or if your arms have a tendency to get tired, it could become difficult and/or tiresome to pilot.

Ideally, you would rent one to try out, but I haven't seen anyone renting that type of unit just yet.

Having said all that, I'm sure that there are folks out there who love it and are thrilled with it. They could maybe help point out the pro side of things a bit easier! 🤣 I will admit my reaction is based on the fact that for me, it hit the "reject" pile pretty quickly.

It's interesting that you guys pointed out that you have to use 2 hands to drive it. I mean, I knew it, but I never really thought about it. But now, I realize how inconvenient that would be for me. Although most of the time I use 2 hands with an ECV, there are very short distances when I use only one hand-like at a QS place at WDW when I'm carrying a tray of food, or carrying a drink. Or since I'm a birder, just watching a bird through my binoculars while I inch my ECV a few feet closer to get a better look. That's why I love these boards-other people point out things I never thought about, then I go "Duh! Why didn't I think of that?"

I know this is a relatively old thread, but I was looking at getting the Zinger myself. I don't mind the two handed controls. It will just take some time and practice to use it.

There is another similar model out there called the Zoomer. Instead of the two-handed control, it has a joystick control. You can check it out at www.zoomerchair.com.

I know this is a relatively old thread, but I was looking at getting the Zinger myself. I don't mind the two handed controls. It will just take some time and practice to use it.

There is another similar model out there called the Zoomer. Instead of the two-handed control, it has a joystick control. You can check it out at www.zoomerchair.com.

The Fold & Go is very popular around here, and is actually a tiny bit lighter than the Zoomer. It also has a "joystick" style control (those are quite common now) and has a long list of features that made it my personal first choice when I had to move from an ECV to a motorized chair.

If you don't require a chair, and want something that is extra-lightweight and folds easily, then you should check out the TravelScoot.

I've researched more on the Zingr and I think I will pass. I have read too many reviews on Amazon saying that the motor burned out after a few months of use. The who chair looks kind of flimsy. I am 250 lbs and I know that is the weigh capacity, but I am afraid if I sit in it, the whole thing will beg for mercy. I think I need something that will hold up better after going for miles around Disney.

I've researched more on the Zingr and I think I will pass. I have read too many reviews on Amazon saying that the motor burned out after a few months of use. The who chair looks kind of flimsy. I am 250 lbs and I know that is the weigh capacity, but I am afraid if I sit in it, the whole thing will beg for mercy. I think I need something that will hold up better after going for miles around Disney.

We have lots of F&G users around here, and so far, no one has had any problems, myself included. Price aside (and how much you are willing to replace your legs/increase your mobility is a personal decision) there is not much I don't like about the device. They have even recently come out with a little "elevator" that uses the F&G battery pack to load/unload for those of us that can't lift the chair without some assistance.

My Travelscoot has an impressive number of miles on it now - I can't even begin to guess how many, but I have worn out 2 sets of tires, so... and it is still going strong. My husband is an FAA-licensed airframe/power plant mechanic for a major airline, and he is extremely impressed with both the Travelscoot and the F&G as far as build quality goes. He leans toward the Travelscoot as his favorite, primarily because of it's lower weight, and smaller footprint when folded.

I'm now at the point where I am using my Fold & Go chair full time, and I will say that it was startling how comfortable it is for me. I was concerned with buying a chair that I had never had a chance to test drive, but the seat is solid, but very comfortable, and the seat back is well-positioned to keep your back happy on long days.

If you use the Search feature in the upper right hand area, you will find *lots* of chatter here about the Fold & Go chair, and peoples experience with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!