Has anyone used their DAS after the reopening?

aggordon2

Mouseketeer
And how did it work?
My son really has a hard time waiting patiently in line and I heard that we can still get and use his DAS, but where do they direct you to go when you go back?

I have heard DAS is available, and seen pictures that show the FP+ queues open for DAS and rider swap. But I haven't read any reports yet. DAS may or may not be necessary when you go. This thread on TPAS has been tracking wait times, which are generally 5-20 minutes, with just a few rides having longer queues.

It's working the same as it did before...you stop at the front of the line, a cast member will tap your magic band and give you a return time. When you return, they will let you in through the fast pass line. If you have used DAS in the past I would still suggest still getting the pass even though some rides do have low wait times there are still some with high wait times, such as Splash Mountain (seen up to 40mins), Thunder Mountain (45mins), Mickey's Runaway Railroad (50mins or more), Frozen (up to 45mins) etc.

Thanks for the info.
I know this might sound a silly question but, can you use the DAS for ROR? Or is it just the virtual que?

Thanks for the info.
I know this might sound a silly question but, can you use the DAS for ROR? Or is it just the virtual que?

yes, you can but you will still need to get a boarding group pass by using their virtual queue on their app (your whole party will need to be in the park with you) and then once your time comes up you can let the cast member upfront know you have DAS. starting july 24 the queue times are 10am & 2pm to be able to get a boarding pass.

We used DAS for our week 11th through 18th. For the most part it was walk on at every ride until closer to departure date. We mostly walked on (minus first day HS open and the 17th/18th). When we used DAS, we walked through Fast Pass line which was not being used (minus Haunted Mansion). At Frozen Ever After, they just kept adding tape around the turn and down the sidewalk for queue, so we still went in Fast Pass. At Haunted Mansion on the 18th, the regular queue used Fast Pass line as well, and DAS was entering through the exit. So, overall, it was the same as always, and they did tell us where to report back including HM.

Last edited:
Starting tomorrow, the BGs will be given out twice each day: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue Times Shift to 10am & 2pm Starting July 24. Are they not doing DAS at all like they were before? You used to have to get a BG, then request a DAS.
Had (admittedly unrealistically) hoped with such low crowds they’d eliminate the VQ for DAS guests on RoR...

Even if they’d limit it to once per DAS pass length that APH can utilize, it’d be greally helpful to many

We returned a couple of days ago. DAS was pretty much the same but we rarely needed it due to the crowd level. We used it on Splash and 7 dwarfs only in MK. Test Track - and only because we wanted to do it in the morning so we didn't risk a shut down from afternoon storms. If we wanted to risk the afternoon shutdown and not hit the rush to TT in the morning, we wouldn't have needed it. Nothing for Animal Kingdom - everything was walk-on. DHS - Mickey and Minnie's Railway and we did use it for Slinky Dog, but when we got the return time, it was less than 10 minutes later, even though it was posted at 45 minutes, so we probably didn't need it for that. We actually went on Slinky Dog again later and didn't use it. At DHS we went on every attraction available (including the back-up RotR group!) and all the Toy Story rides twice, arrived about 40 minutes after opening, had a sitdown, hour long lunch, and left before park close. Honestly, we did that at every park (not hitting rope drop. Leaving before close, having a sit down meal) and still did everything. I can see why they are shortening park hours. I don't think I've ever been to MK and hit everything but the Liberty Belle boat in one day, even when utilizing DAS and Fast Pass. It was weird. I mean, when was the last time you could walk on to Peter Pan, the Haunted Mansion, and the Jungle Cruise? Not even a 5 minute wait.

It worked as usual for our family as well. My (adult) daughter has a DAS and she used it minimally on our trip last week. Due to the nature of her disability, she' can't ride many of the headliners (coasters and ToT) anyway, but she used DAS for Small World, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad, Smuggler's Run, Splash, Frozen, Jungle Cruise, and Pirates. Most rides used the FP queue for DAS, but some it worked a little differently than I remember, for instance, Jungle Cruise. The Skipper made a big deal about how we were getting the rare tour of certain portions of the dock, it was pretty funny.

Everything else DD opted to use the regular queue. This was her first time seeing the Peter Pan queue which was cool for her.

We were there two weeks ago and used DAS. It works the same as it always does. In most lines you can simply go through the fastpass line, but there are some that you have to use an alternate entrance for according to the CMs. We only used it a handful of times and used the FP entrance on each ride we used it for.

Why would that be necessary for access? Sounds like a huge advantage for DAS holders.
I think that how it works now is much better for DAS users. But how it was working pre-COVID with the necessity to arrive very early and be tapped into the park amidst a throng of people to secure a BG -- that was probably a real barrier for a lot of DAS users. I know it was for me and I never even attempted it before last month because of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter