Has anyone used their DAS after the reopening?

Are they still letting you get return times from the Guest Experience booths with the blue umbrellas? Or do you have to go to the ride?

I think that how it works now is much better for DAS users. But how it was working pre-COVID with the necessity to arrive very early and be tapped into the park amidst a throng of people to secure a BG -- that was probably a real barrier for a lot of DAS users. I know it was for me and I never even attempted it before last month because of it.

Agreed, as it was a barrier for a lot of non-DAS people with disabilities as well, and also people coming in from different time zones.

Glad DAS is working well for people - surprised it is even needed, or are crowds picking up again?

Agreed, as it was a barrier for a lot of non-DAS people with disabilities as well, and also people coming in from different time zones.

Glad DAS is working well for people - surprised it is even needed, or are crowds picking up again?

Because the lines are so spaced out now, they are using all the queue space, including the outdoor portions. For some people this would be a problem. Also, it was not uncommon in Studios yesterday to have waits at or above 30 minutes, so a DAS may come in handy.

Because the lines are so spaced out now, they are using all the queue space, including the outdoor portions. For some people this would be a problem. Also, it was not uncommon in Studios yesterday to have waits at or above 30 minutes, so a DAS may come in handy.

I'm not understanding that at all - how is the queue stretched out harder for sensory issues than if it was all squished in and crowded?

It is better for some sensory issues I am sure, but there are other reasons people have a DAS. Some may be impacted by the queues being outdoors in the sun.
Exactly. Plus, with my condition waiting in a line for 30 minutes is about my limit. Many lines were longer than that the two times we've been since reopening.

It is better for some sensory issues I am sure, but there are other reasons people have a DAS. Some may be impacted by the queues being outdoors in the sun.

They give DAS for sun exposure? How does that person manage all the rest of the time in the parks where there is no coverage, like walking from the bus to the gates, etc? I have a skin condition that makes me have to limit sun exposure, and the queues were never the issue. Interesting to hear I could get a DAS.

For me it is people talking that bother me the most and a lot of sound I have not been back since reopening but would need a DAS even with the lines spaced out yes it would help with people bumping into me but not a lot of people talking and the other nosies

They give DAS for sun exposure? How does that person manage all the rest of the time in the parks where there is no coverage, like walking from the bus to the gates, etc? I have a skin condition that makes me have to limit sun exposure, and the queues were never the issue. Interesting to hear I could get a DAS.

Each person's condition is different, so I cannot say a person can get a DAS for sun exposure for sure. All I know is that some people may be affected by the outside queues, and a DAS may help. I am not saying this is why I have a DAS, either. There are so many reasons a person may need a DAS, I cannot say a certain thing will get a person a DAS.

There are people that have a medical condition that causes their body to not regulate properly in heat and cold. It can be dangerous. Most are probably taking additional precautions, but those precautions can cause them to have an extremely abbreviated park day. The DAS can help them experience a few attractions in the couple of hours they can be in the park. I would imagine in the hottest summer they may not be traveling to parks as commonly. But it's still an acceptable use for the DAS, per Disney.

There are people that have a medical condition that causes their body to not regulate properly in heat and cold. It can be dangerous. Most are probably taking additional precautions, but those precautions can cause them to have an extremely abbreviated park day. The DAS can help them experience a few attractions in the couple of hours they can be in the park. I would imagine in the hottest summer they may not be traveling to parks as commonly. But it's still an acceptable use for the DAS, per Disney.
It's especially true as lines are snaking out further from the usual show building queues due to social distancing. I can last longer in an air conditioned show building line than I can in a line on pavement where the heat bakes me. If I use my DAS, I can wait in a store or restaurant that has AC or find a small shady patch somewhere. (I also don't go during summer because I don't hate myself that much, but either way - the DAS is an accommodation for a medical need and would be appropriate here.)

We are ending our trip tomorrow. We were debating about getting our son the DAS. He has used it for previous trips but we thought with the reported low waits it wouldn’t be necessary. We ended up getting it and I am so glad we did. There haven’t been short waits this week. The crowds are definitely there.
Even with DAS we only lasted our usual three to four hours max in parks. The heat was high and the masks just made him feel more anxiety than he’s been experiencing lately.
The good news is it worked well and we were able to ride everything he wanted on our six day trip. I am so glad for this option because honestly without it we would have only ridden 4-5 rides total on this trip.

I have not been in years. Think pre Slinky remodel. I want to say our last year was prob 6 years ago. We took a big old break. I know how the MDE, MB, DAS works but I need to be caught up to speed. We are planning a trip in our heads and wondering if maybe Disney might be a bit more safer on the Covid stand point of things. What has changed in the DAS world that I need to know? Also, as I look into the RoTR I am seeing there is a virtual que at 10 & 2 on MDE, right? Will that open once in park and that is how it is obtained, if so how for a family of four. Do I need to be in front of the location, all of us? Or just in the park? Is it a click and add sort of thing? Any tips cause I know if we go this will be a must do.

Any thing else I am missing? I am no longer educated in the DAS side lines.

I have not been in years. Think pre Slinky remodel. I want to say our last year was prob 6 years ago. We took a big old break. I know how the MDE, MB, DAS works but I need to be caught up to speed. We are planning a trip in our heads and wondering if maybe Disney might be a bit more safer on the Covid stand point of things. What has changed in the DAS world that I need to know? Also, as I look into the RoTR I am seeing there is a virtual que at 10 & 2 on MDE, right? Will that open once in park and that is how it is obtained, if so how for a family of four. Do I need to be in front of the location, all of us? Or just in the park? Is it a click and add sort of thing? Any tips cause I know if we go this will be a must do.

Any thing else I am missing? I am no longer educated in the DAS side lines.
Not much has changed with DAS. You get a return time and, if they're not using the fastpass line for physical distancing in the standby line, you simply go through the fastpass as you normally would. On rides without the fastpass line, you go to an alternative entrance. The CM at the line entrance will let you know.

As far as RoTR, you and your entire party have to be tapped into the park. Then at 10 (and 2 if they have spots open still), you join the boarding group through the My Disney Experience app. You just need to be in the park, not right in front of the ride or anything. And just be warned that boarding groups go quick -- like in less than a minute. So it's a good idea to practice and familiarize yourself with the process before you go. And once in the park, you should countdown and click join right at 10 am.

Not much has changed with DAS. You get a return time and, if they're not using the fastpass line for physical distancing in the standby line, you simply go through the fastpass as you normally would. On rides without the fastpass line, you go to an alternative entrance. The CM at the line entrance will let you know.

As far as RoTR, you and your entire party have to be tapped into the park. Then at 10 (and 2 if they have spots open still), you join the boarding group through the My Disney Experience app. You just need to be in the park, not right in front of the ride or anything. And just be warned that boarding groups go quick -- like in less than a minute. So it's a good idea to practice and familiarize yourself with the process before you go. And once in the park, you should countdown and click join right at 10 am.

You rock. So really the RoTR is not a DAS friendly attraction like the others from my past visits? Meaning I have to obtain that little pesky online time or I need not take my kidlet near. :) When looking into this on MDE is it like when I would say add family member X, or is it add party of 4 on one phone? Pray for no glitches girl, whew.

Great tips from @SarahC97!
I would recommend checking this thread (1st post) https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/ and then the very last page or two to get a better feel for boarding group experiences as you get closer to your trip.

We didn't use my DD's DAS for this ride in August, but if the ride is having a bad day or the line is long for some reason, a DAS could definitely help.

Try using as many phones as possible! We have always used 3 phones and have been successful all three times.

You rock. So really the RoTR is not a DAS friendly attraction like the others from my past visits? Meaning I have to obtain that little pesky online time or I need not take my kidlet near. :) When looking into this on MDE is it like when I would say add family member X, or is it add party of 4 on one phone? Pray for no glitches girl, whew.
LOL -- RoTR is stressful! You cannot get a boarding group for it with a DAS, but once your boarding group is called you can tell the CM you have a DAS and they'll usher you through a shorter line (because once you get into the line it can still take 30 minutes or so to get through it). In MDE, when you click to join a boarding group it'll take you to a screen that has your friends and family in it. It's supposed to automatically check who has tapped into the park so you just hit join from that screen.

LOL -- RoTR is stressful! You cannot get a boarding group for it with a DAS, but once your boarding group is called you can tell the CM you have a DAS and they'll usher you through a shorter line (because once you get into the line it can still take 30 minutes or so to get through it). In MDE, when you click to join a boarding group it'll take you to a screen that has your friends and family in it. It's supposed to automatically check who has tapped into the park so you just hit join from that screen.

Makes perfect sense TY :) Time to reload the MDE app ... I am glad some things are the same though for it does make it easier.

Great tips from @SarahC97!
I would recommend checking this thread (1st post) https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/ and then the very last page or two to get a better feel for boarding group experiences as you get closer to your trip.

We didn't use my DD's DAS for this ride in August, but if the ride is having a bad day or the line is long for some reason, a DAS could definitely help.

Try using as many phones as possible! We have always used 3 phones and have been successful all three times.

Now see this would be AMAZING if we did not need this. I have another DVC friend down now and she is saying it is hit and miss with wait times. I wonder if it is a gradual increase on crowds? TT was over an hour for her yesterday.

Now see this would be AMAZING if we did not need this. I have another DVC friend down now and she is saying it is hit and miss with wait times. I wonder if it is a gradual increase on crowds? TT was over an hour for her yesterday.
Sorry, I should have been more clear :). I meant she didn't use her DAS to enter RoTR. My DD definitely used it mid-August for other rides (but not always). If crowds are picking up, definitely would apply (not sure if the older pass version carries over? She didn't get hers until 2018. Edited to add: Once approved for a DAS, the renewal on future trips is very easy).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter