Has anyWine seen my Poutine? A friendly January 2020 dining report * The Plaza Part 2 4/24**

Aww, I don't want your report to be over! Fingers crossed you're able to do a June one, because that means my July trip will be taking place! The DeVizio balls, lol! You need to post that recipe!

The bars came really good! I had to change the recipe a fair amount lol! I used ritz crackers crushed with the butter for my bottom and no coconut. I really like coconut so missed this some, however these are really good. The ritz crust is really good adds a little saltiness!
Ooh, The ritz crackers are a good idea! They look awesome!
And that concluded our time in the parks :( We boated back to the WL after a quick stop at the Confectionary. It's harder and harder to bring stuff back for the boys but they do still like getting something, I usually always bring a few rice krispie treats and didn't want to this time. In Dec. I brought them candy apples along with the treats and they love those so I grabbed two:
Yum!
Once back at the Lodge we had one more thing that needed to come home with us! They all made it back safely and were transferred to sandwich bags asap to preserve their delicious freshness for as long as possible:
I love the haul....so awesome!

Sad to this come to end as I am, like everyone else, missing our happy place terribly. Thanks for sharing all the fun!❤

I hope and pray that this health fiasco is over and done for you to be able to enjoy your June trip. I've enjoyed every minute of your reports. Keep them coming!
Thank you! I'm anxiously awaiting word from Disney on their reopening and if we can't do June - on to July! So glad you've enjoyed my reports and I hope to be cranking out more in the next few months. Be well!
Loved your report. I always love reading about your food journeys cause we often have similar tastes - to the point where I ordered the exact same app and entree as you at the plaza :rotfl2:. Felt the same about the cheesesteak it was very disappointing.
:laughing: So funny! I guess that's just more motivation for me to keep doing these (and of course to then keep going to Disney.....) :) Yes I definitely won't order the cheesesteak again. I have it booked or lunch for July so I have to figure out what's next to try!
hanks so much for letting us follow your trip and hope you’re on another one as soon as things blow over! All the best xx
Same to you xoxo!
Hate this, especially when you are already at the airport. But better to be delayed in getting home then getting there
It's the 2nd time it had happened to us. First time the boys were with us so that sucked even more but it really wasn't much better this time. The most interesting part is how they then move the flights back up :rolleyes:
We had to make some changes to our September trip, and while adding a day on the front end since we need to fly home earlier than planned we noticed that WL had dropped in price a bit. Nothing so huge it was a deciding factor ($15), but we figured proximity to MK with a toddler was probably smarter than AKL this time around. I love AKL so much so I’m a little sad. But I have to say, finally getting to try a Magic Bar is a pretty good bonus.
I also love AKL but I agree WL makes more sense. Plus as you know WL is my fave so I'll never tell someone not to stay there lol. I don't know if we'll have another 2020 WL stay but I'll be at least visiting on each 2020 trip we do have! We were supposed to stay there in Sept also with our DGD for her first trip but after talking to her parents more, they decided to move to AOA and we want to be where they are. I'll
I’m tempted to try out a recipe because they look so good, but I feel like I need to try the real thing first so I get the full experience.
Hmmm......yeah I would say wait and try the real thing first :) but keep the recipe because you'll love them and want to make them when you get back for sure!
We have had our flight delayed and then they suddenly announce that it is no longer delayed. People have to scramble to get back to the gate because suddenly the flight is going to board in a few minutes. It seems like MCO is the only airport where where they announce a delay and then they change their minds.
It happened to us last year too with the boys! Supposedly we still had like 5 hours due to all the delays but we finally just went over to our gate. I went into the ladies room - and promptly heard an announcement that our flight was boarding, leaving in 20 minutes, which was about 45 minutes later than the original departure time. I do appreciate when a 7 hour delay gets moved up but geez!
Oh no, it's over! Have enjoyed reading along, as always, and even more so with needing a happy distraction amidst all of this craziness. I hope your next trip goes ahead as planned and we'll be able to read all about it in a few months! :)
Glad you followed along again! Definitely nice to have this distraction the last few weeks so now I'll have to focus on my PTR. Like I said above, fingers are tightly crossed for June but if not, our July 4th trip is right around the corner :goodvibes Stay well!

Yum...love that you made the magic bars and sounds like they hit the spot. I love finding copycat Disney recipes to try out. I'm very tempted to try the churro recipe soon, even though I'm not a huge churro fan.
I have the churro recipe too but yeah they aren't my favorite. It looks on the easy side though so probably worth a try! I have a ton of Disney recipes and post a couple a week on my business page but so far the bars are the only one I tried. Plan to do Jack Jack's Num Num Cookie this weekend 🍪
I'm so sad that your report is over :( :(
Me too but I'm glad I decided to go ahead and try my hand at at PTR again! Plus I should have more time to say up on everyone else's reports lol. Just dreaming of when I'll have a new dining report to do :cloud9:
Yum! Allie would love those 😋
I think I'll go ahead and share the recipe here since it's ridiculously easy!
I would have thought you had three and let them all share the last one!
Yeah that was the plan until Chris decided to eat them for breakfast 3 days in a row :rolleyes1 Next time we bring home 8 :laughing:
I’ve loved virtual visiting through your DR
Aw I'm so glad! When all this started it was tough for me to be on the DIS for a week or so but then it started making me feel better ::yes:: Just nice to have something "familiar" and comfortable to turn to!
I had a similar “too sweet” problem with my husband’s favorite coconut pecan bars (FYI crust here is good and not very sweet). The key was to use unsweetened coconut! Bit harder to find but stores like sprouts or Whole Foods have them in the bulk bins and not priced too bad. Worth a go! https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/coconut-pecan-bars/1f6d9950-4d6c-43d5-9ea2-e4b250fc0e5c
This sounds RIGHT up my alley and I'm going to try it out, thank you so much for sharing!
have to agree with you. In fact, last time we were there, I actually ordered this, too. There was way too much bread, so I ended up eating everything out of the inside like an open-faced sandwich and left the gigantic hunk of bread on the plate. Definitely not as satisfying.
I did the same lol, just ate the insides (even though it wasn't the best) and then took a bit or two of the huge serving of bread that came with it.
Sad to come to the end of this trip, but glad you have the PTR going :)
Me too!

Thanks for taking us along on your foodie adventures I’m so glad you have a ptr up and running to keep me happily distracted from real life right now.
It's what we all need :hug: So glad you followed along here and have joined me on my PTR as well!
Those are some tasty looking balls by the way! Maybe you’re a better cook than you give yourself credit for!
Ah thanks but I think I give myself the right amount of credit :P These have got to be one of the easiest things to make which is why I do ok lol but I think I'll go ahead and share the recipe! You won't be so impressed by my kitchen skills after that😂
Stay safe and keep well:goodvibes
Same to you my friend ❤
Another awesome TR!!! :love:
😘😘
Fingers crossed you're able to do a June one, because that means my July trip will be taking place!
And also if I do a June one, MY July trip will be taking place :dogdance:
The DeVizio balls, lol! You need to post that recipe!
LOL that's what they called them at their elementary school! As it got close to teacher appreciation each year the teachers would start to ask me if they were going to get the DeVizio Balls on dessert day :rotfl:
Ooh, The ritz crackers are a good idea! They look awesome!
I think this sounds so good, I want to make the bars again with them!
Sad to this come to end as I am, like everyone else, missing our happy place terribly. Thanks for sharing all the fun!❤
Thank you for following again :hug: Ugh I think everyone missing our happy place is an understatement :( Stay well Susan, best to your family

I have the churro recipe too but yeah they aren't my favorite. It looks on the easy side though so probably worth a try! I have a ton of Disney recipes and post a couple a week on my business page but so far the bars are the only one I tried. Plan to do Jack Jack's Num Num Cookie this weekend 🍪

Me too but I'm glad I decided to go ahead and try my hand at at PTR again! Plus I should have more time to say up on everyone else's reports lol. Just dreaming of when I'll have a new dining report to do :cloud9:

Let me know if you get around to the churro recipe and how that goes, as well as the Jack Jack cookie.

I feel like my PTR might be going on forever. While I'd love to consider a trip this year I just have a feeling it won't be happening. :(

Let me know if you get around to the churro recipe and how that goes, as well as the Jack Jack cookie.
Will do!
I feel like my PTR might be going on forever. While I'd love to consider a trip this year I just have a feeling it won't be happening. :(
LOL well I do plan on turning my current July PTR into a continuing Sept one so that will go on for awhile :) I hope if you want to go this year you get to go! Just waiting and waiting for them to make an announcement now.......................

Thank you for following again :hug: Ugh I think everyone missing our happy place is an understatement :( Stay well Susan, best to your family
Thanks Ariane! I hope you and your family are staying safe and well. :) Your report was so fun and helped to make me a little less homesick for Disney. I am so sad not to be going in July and to be honest, I am not even 100% sure about December. I am making a backup ressie for March break just in case, who knows when our border is going to be open.

I am making a backup ressie for March break just in case, who knows when our border is going to be open.
Don't blame you, I cannot tell you how many people are booking for 2021 WAY earlier than usual! I hope Dec. works for you though and I hope when Steve decides when our winter trip will be it overlaps yours!
Thanks Ariane! I hope you and your family are staying safe and well. :)
Same to you and I hope we are all nearing the light at the end of the tunnel ❤

Don't blame you, I cannot tell you how many people are booking for 2021 WAY earlier than usual! I hope Dec. works for you though and I hope when Steve decides when our winter trip will be it overlaps yours!
That would be amazing! Right now our dates are December 18-23 and I am hoping beyond anything that it happens! :)

As sad it was to relive COVID-19 related closings in your TR, I really enjoyed reading your TR. I am really hoping to make it to Topolino this September (fingers crossed that Disney World is open). :tink:

As sad it was to relive COVID-19 related closings in your TR, I really enjoyed reading your TR. I am really hoping to make it to Topolino this September (fingers crossed that Disney World is open). :tink:
I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for letting me know :goodvibes I was so sad when it ended! Definitely fingers crossed for Sept (I think we'll be good!) for you and us since we're taking DGD for her first tripprincess: I'm still planning on going in July too! Be well!

Great trip report! The magic bars look amazing, I have to try them the next time I’m at WDW! That’s probably not until next year or even the year after, given corona and pregnancy.:sad2: Are you still planning on the July trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!