Has Boardwalk become impossible to book?

If the original question was about whether booking at what is considered a peak period a number of years ago was easier than booking that same period recently then I would agree. That Duffy Bear dolls supply must be dwindling.

It’s time for DVC to make the Boardwalk view rooms 1 or 2 more points than the garden/pool view. Aug 2020 studios...standard singles here and there, same for Boardwalk view, while garden/pool view is practically available everyday

Availability 3 months away indicates what about points? Nada

And the ratio of pool/garden view to boardwalk view is important. When small view categories having little availability 3 months out most definitely does not mean they need to adjust.

And then there's this pandemic too.

CRO has pool/garden view rooms turned over to them afaik. It's possible that the pool/garden view availability exists because DVC pulled it back to assist with excess points.

At the time of the OP the current situation with the pandemic wasn't the cause but I'm sure at this point its going to be harder than ever to get a room unless you book at the 11 month mark or walk it.

The other issue I see is that WDW seems to be getting more and more crowded every year that we go. We usually visit WDW in Jan and I have to say that the last couple of years (this year being the worst) have been measurably more crowded than in years gone by. I was talking with a cast member who said that yes they are much busier in Jan, she said it appeared that parents are more willing to take their children out of school now then they use to be.

At the time of the OP the current situation with the pandemic wasn't the cause but I'm sure at this point its going to be harder than ever to get a room unless you book at the 11 month mark or walk it.

The other issue I see is that WDW seems to be getting more and more crowded every year that we go. We usually visit WDW in Jan and I have to say that the last couple of years (this year being the worst) have been measurably more crowded than in years gone by. I was talking with a cast member who said that yes they are much busier in Jan, she said it appeared that parents are more willing to take their children out of school now then they use to be.
I believe the issue is that crowds are being spread out more over the year, their really isn't a slow season anymore.

I have been DVC for 17 years and I have never had trouble booking Boardwalk like I have in last 2 years. It seems like even booking at on first day of booking window is impossible. Just recently tried to book for daughters 13th in December on first day of 11 month window and nothing available. Went through availability and the entire year is one or two day stints only. Seems crazy that I can’t book Boardwalk 11 months out. Now I was able to book the week after 12/6 the following week, but starting to wonder if something is going on at Boardwalk and if all those years ago I chose the wrong resort. My last 5 trips have been at AKL, OKW, AKL, OKW, BLT. And Bay Lake was done only 3 months out. What’s the use of a home resort if you cannot book it 11 months out. Anyone else having this issue?
I have owned bwi since 2005 and since Star Wars it has been in such demand I think more people started renting their points and more cash reservations were made there! It is more difficult but I do see the 11 month window is ok for the first month or so of availability! I think it will calm down shortly hang in there the economy is going to remove a lot of renters and it should be better

I have been DVC for 17 years and I have never had trouble booking Boardwalk like I have in last 2 years. It seems like even booking at on first day of booking window is impossible. Just recently tried to book for daughters 13th in December on first day of 11 month window and nothing available. Went through availability and the entire year is one or two day stints only. Seems crazy that I can’t book Boardwalk 11 months out. Now I was able to book the week after 12/6 the following week, but starting to wonder if something is going on at Boardwalk and if all those years ago I chose the wrong resort. My last 5 trips have been at AKL, OKW, AKL, OKW, BLT. And Bay Lake was done only 3 months out. What’s the use of a home resort if you cannot book it 11 months out. Anyone else having this issue?

I've been in DVC for 5 years with my home resort being BWV. We always book a trip in November and a trip usually between May-Aug. The first 2 years I had no trouble booking November. But these last 3, my planned arrival date has been forced to change bc of trouble booking at the 11 month window. I am literally logging in to the second to make the reservation too. I love staying here but it is definitely frustrating.

I wonder if they should make certain months more points to spread out the difficulty of booking in Oct/November. I would imagine this difficulty is mainly due to the Food and Wine festival at Epcot

I've been in DVC for 5 years with my home resort being BWV. We always book a trip in November and a trip usually between May-Aug. The first 2 years I had no trouble booking November. But these last 3, my planned arrival date has been forced to change bc of trouble booking at the 11 month window. I am literally logging in to the second to make the reservation too. I love staying here but it is definitely frustrating.

I wonder if they should make certain months more points to spread out the difficulty of booking in Oct/November. I would imagine this difficulty is mainly due to the Food and Wine festival at Epcot
They've already done that (or at least started the process. They may still have further adjustments planned). Compare the 2020 point chart with the 2021 chat. You will see.

After checking availability at BWV (my home resort) for the last couple of weeks, I broke down and have walked our May 2021 reservation. I have resisted walking my reservations thinking it kind of unfair. I also knew given the current circumstances combined with the normal crush for booking a standard studio our yearly vacation might not happen the way we usually plan. So I booked online for the first time and now will have to add 5 more nights and will be dropping the first 2 nights. Do I have to add my additional nights one at at time? I have been a little nervous about doing this, not knowing all the ins and outs, especially with the walking. I have limited points and just do not want to mess it up....any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

After checking availability at BWV (my home resort) for the last couple of weeks, I broke down and have walked our May 2021 reservation. I have resisted walking my reservations thinking it kind of unfair. I also knew given the current circumstances combined with the normal crush for booking a standard studio our yearly vacation might not happen the way we usually plan. So I booked online for the first time and now will have to add 5 more nights and will be dropping the first 2 nights. Do I have to add my additional nights one at at time? I have been a little nervous about doing this, not knowing all the ins and outs, especially with the walking. I have limited points and just do not want to mess it up....any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
You could just wait the 5 days and then make the changes in one modification.

Just be sure to go on and book to modify the booking on the day before the window opens for your check out day.

Just want to make sure I don't get locked out of a room in the middle of our reservation. The first day I tried booking, the room was not available at seconds after 8am right on the 11 month mark. This is the first time in 17 years of owning at BWV I didn't get the room I wanted (thankfully I was walking a couple of days). I wasn"t sure how many days I could add at a time after the initial 7. I think I will do it in 2 modifications. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter