Has FastPass+ Made Smugglers Run a zoo?

I was thinking about making a similar thread, so I'm glad to see I don't have to! I'll be watching this with morbid fascination over the next few weeks. :magnify: Mostly I wonder if riding at the end of the night will still be a viable option. I'm expecting MFSR to become like FOP as far as lines go, even though it's not really that great of a ride imo.

I was thinking about making a similar thread, so I'm glad to see I don't have to! I'll be watching this with morbid fascination over the next few weeks. :magnify: Mostly I wonder if riding at the end of the night will still be a viable option. I'm expecting MFSR to become like FOP as far as lines go, even though it's not really that great of a ride imo.
I am interested in this aspect as well, as of now, end of the night has been the best time to ride with short waits. The overflow (backstage) queue is currently open for MFSR and the line extends a bit past Oga's

I have 11 days before booking FP+s. Right now my plan is to do SDD for those who want to ride it. Since I hear standby is better (inside) with MFSR. Right now MFSR wait is 125 and SDD is 150.

I have 11 days before booking FP+s. Right now my plan is to do SDD for those who want to ride it. Since I hear standby is better (inside) with MFSR. Right now MFSR wait is 125 and SDD is 150.
where the line is right now for MFSR you will experience about 1 hour outside before heading under roof

I’ve been playing the refresh game today because of the changes. So far I’ve seen SDD once, and otherwise largely muppets, frozen, and occasionally Fantasmic.

I’ve been waiting at school pick up refreshing, FP+ availability is absolutely terrible. Watching to see what same day MFSR looks like. Still have not seen MFSR even once, or any desirable attraction besides the earlier SDD and ToT now, ToT popped up twice for about 6 PM.

Zoo? I donno.

With FP+ there are always those it benefits and those it doesn’t. It’s certainly not a zoo for the thousands of people who are flowing through the FP line with a lower wait time. It is more of a zoo for the thousands of people that don’t have a FP. The system giveth and the system taketh away, whether we like it or not.

Just eyeballing the major headliners at noon on a Wed:

7DMT - 160
MFSR - 120
SDD - 140
FoP - 240

Not sure what I expected exactly, but that seems comparable to other headliners. (I will acknowledge that I suspect FP distribution could have been throttled/not maximized for now pending further operational experience with FPs in place)

I might be able to get some numbers on fps tomorrow, maybe :rolleyes2
MFSR is extremely efficient and the CM are striving to hit the numbers every day, so that's good. But yeah, I was expecting longer waits, we should also probably have a better understanding this weekend, as today is not supposed to be a super busy day :D

I would expect that MFSR is going to be very much like what FoP is right now (although not quite as long). I'd be pretty confident that end of evening will still be pretty good (but not the near walk on like I had a few weeks ago). As with FoP, once you hit closing, that 90/10 ratio of FP/standby goes to 100% standby so I'd expect the standard long posted time with actual waits at closing to be far less. I think the times we're seeing today are pretty much what I would have expected (although I'm shocked that FoP still regularly hits 4 hour waits - do we have anyone here who has actually gotten on line recently when it's been over a 3 hour posted wait - curious as to whether those are a bit inflated).

It's longer than SDD, which is what I'm most curious about right now. MFSR at 135 and SDD at 120.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!