Has 'Ohana Become the Toughest ADR?

My window opened Tuesday for a November 26 arrival. Wanted dinner on December 1, 185 days out, and nothing. Didn't expect that, the week after Thanksgiving. Got CRT, BOG, even CM brunch arrival day, but shutout Friday at 'Ohana. I have great confidence things will open up over the next 6 months, but man I was surprised.

We're booked the same week, and online at 6 a.m. on our 180 days, we found no Ohana dinner reservations for any day of our week-long trip! I've been (obsessively) checking every single day, multiple times a day, since- not ONE dinner reservation showing. I miraculously grabbed one for breakfast on our departure day, but we have to leave earlier in the day, so I'm probably going to have to cancel that one. I figured there must be construction or something because I couldn't believe there was NOTHING available, but I see many of you got reservations- how is this possible? Thanks so much! I'm brand new to this site as of today, and am excited to be here :) !
P.S. Was able to get BOG, CRT, an Akershus Candlelight Processional pkg, and some other more popular reservations (let go of a CM brunch and a Crystal Palace lunch in favor for others).
P.P.S. I'm staying CL... is there any chance the concierge would have more luck finding something on my behalf?

We're booked the same week, and online at 6 a.m. on our 180 days, we found no Ohana dinner reservations for any day of our week-long trip! I've been (obsessively) checking every single day, multiple times a day, since- not ONE dinner reservation showing. I miraculously grabbed one for breakfast on our departure day, but we have to leave earlier in the day, so I'm probably going to have to cancel that one. I figured there must be construction or something because I couldn't believe there was NOTHING available, but I see many of you got reservations- how is this possible? Thanks so much! I'm brand new to this site as of today, and am excited to be here :) !
P.S. Was able to get BOG, CRT, an Akershus Candlelight Processional pkg, and some other more popular reservations (let go of a CM brunch and a Crystal Palace lunch in favor for others).
P.P.S. I'm staying CL... is there any chance the concierge would have more luck finding something on my behalf?

Touring Plans reservation finder helped me a couple of times already.

Dinners at Ohana, Be Our Guest, Chef Mickey, 1900 Park Fare and Sci-Fi are the hardest ADRs to get in my experience. There are def people who hoard ADRs and cancel with a day or two to spare. Keep checking especially a week or two before your trip.

The Touring Plans dining finder was a great help. The ONLY must have for my DH and kids was dinner at 'Ohana. We weren't able to book until July, about 2 weeks past the 180 mark. In less than a week, Touring plans found 2 reservations-'Ohana and Be Our Guest. DD (14) was borrowing my phone and didn't tell me so I was too late for BOG. :headache:

Granted, our ADR is for 9:30 but I'm still happy!:banana:

A couple of days ago, Touring Plans found a GREAT Ohana dinner reservation during my stay- I began making the reservation immediately after receiving the notification, and while I was in the middle of making the reservation, someone else grabbed it! Can't believe how competitive it is! But I'm keeping hope :). We didn't get Free Dining, but I'm guessing going during that time makes ADRs especially hard to come by.

A couple of days ago, Touring Plans found a GREAT Ohana dinner reservation during my stay- I began making the reservation immediately after receiving the notification, and while I was in the middle of making the reservation, someone else grabbed it! Can't believe how competitive it is! But I'm keeping hope :). We didn't get Free Dining, but I'm guessing going during that time makes ADRs especially hard to come by.

In the Disney Dinning Reservations section of the boards, there is a thread for each month. Hit the WATCH THREAD and set up email notifications for November and December. Coordinating drops with others helped me get Beaches and Cream and Bon Voyage, also dropped a couple to other DISboarders successfully.

In the Disney Dinning Reservations section of the boards, there is a thread for each month. Hit the WATCH THREAD and set up email notifications for November and December. Coordinating drops with others helped me get Beaches and Cream and Bon Voyage, also dropped a couple to other DISboarders successfully.

Thank you for this tip! I am actually on both of those boards and have posted (most recently this morning!) when I cancel something. I will have to check and see if I have the settings you mention. Thanks again!

'Ohana has been the hardest for us for the past two trips. Granted, we haven't looked at Be Our Guest and our January trip was only about 3 nights long which is is an incredibly short window to find ADR times. But we found zero dinner times for January and only one breakfast time, which we snagged for the morning we left.

For my upcoming trip, I found one dining time at 8:20 the night we arrived and snagged it. While I was really hoping to get that ADR on our Magic Kingdom day, We're most likely going to be able to see HEA from the table, which I'm ecstatic about.

'Ohana has been the hardest for us for the past two trips. Granted, we haven't looked at Be Our Guest and our January trip was only about 3 nights long which is is an incredibly short window to find ADR times. But we found zero dinner times for January and only one breakfast time, which we snagged for the morning we left.

For my upcoming trip, I found one dining time at 8:20 the night we arrived and snagged it. While I was really hoping to get that ADR on our Magic Kingdom day, We're most likely going to be able to see HEA from the table, which I'm ecstatic about.

Congrats on snagging one- especially being able to watch HEA! I did find a 9 p.m. res during our upcoming trip, but we are usually up at 6 a.m., so we would likely be snoozing at the table with a dinner res that late! When you went (although you went for breakfast), do you feel it was worth the trouble to get the ADR- was it really as great as the hype suggests? Thanks!

Congrats on snagging one- especially being able to watch HEA! I did find a 9 p.m. res during our upcoming trip, but we are usually up at 6 a.m., so we would likely be snoozing at the table with a dinner res that late! When you went (although you went for breakfast), do you feel it was worth the trouble to get the ADR- was it really as great as the hype suggests? Thanks!

Oh, I've done the dinner service at 'Ohana before! I did it back in 2015, and I didn't have trouble getting the ADR at all, so I omitted it from my post! Oops :upsidedow

I personally believe that 'Ohana is well worth the hype. If it wasn't, I would have just resigned to a Kona Cafe ADR. My dad to this day thinks that 'Ohana dinner was the best meal he's ever had in Disney World throughout any of our trips, and it ranks high up there for me as well. Breakfast was cute and the food was good, but we really enjoyed dinner. I think it was definitely worth the trouble and being flexible to snag a dinner there. Enjoy your trip!

Oh, I've done the dinner service at 'Ohana before! I did it back in 2015, and I didn't have trouble getting the ADR at all, so I omitted it from my post! Oops :upsidedow

I personally believe that 'Ohana is well worth the hype. If it wasn't, I would have just resigned to a Kona Cafe ADR. My dad to this day thinks that 'Ohana dinner was the best meal he's ever had in Disney World throughout any of our trips, and it ranks high up there for me as well. Breakfast was cute and the food was good, but we really enjoyed dinner. I think it was definitely worth the trouble and being flexible to snag a dinner there. Enjoy your trip!

Awesome! Thank you so much! I will keep looking/ hoping!

No. Not in my experience anyhow. I've found more than one Ohana dinner reservation. I can't speak for breakfast as I haven't tried to book that meal. I think as long as you book at least 4 months out you should be successful. Anything less than that I haven't tried. :confused3

what exactly is the "free dining?"

A limited number of rooms at select resorts were eligible for free dining during certain time periods. You pay rack rate for the rooms, and a dining package is included at no additional cost. It's a value for some, not all. It is without questions the most popular offer every year, and is not easy to procure.

Value and moderate resorts received the QS plan, Deluxe resorts got the regular DDP. In our case, we are staying at POP, then paid the difference to bump up to the regular DDP. This usually puts more a of premium on the character meals and other top end 1 credit meals. I didn't get everything I wanted on my 180 day, and I was working my phone, laptop and iPad at 5AM central. I'm good now, but man it was an intense 5-10 minutes that morning.

A limited number of rooms at select resorts were eligible for free dining during certain time periods. You pay rack rate for the rooms, and a dining package is included at no additional cost. It's a value for some, not all. It is without questions the most popular offer every year, and is not easy to procure.

Value and moderate resorts received the QS plan, Deluxe resorts got the regular DDP. In our case, we are staying at POP, then paid the difference to bump up to the regular DDP. This usually puts more a of premium on the character meals and other top end 1 credit meals. I didn't get everything I wanted on my 180 day, and I was working my phone, laptop and iPad at 5AM central. I'm good now, but man it was an intense 5-10 minutes that morning.
Wow . my wife and have the deluxe dinner package this time around

I don't know what is up with the week following Thanksgiving but I can't find available times for Ohana or BOG dinner in this period. I'm actually trying everyday from 11/12 to 11/27 and got nothing!
However.. I have noticed that it would be fairly easy if I wanted to book for tomorrow or the day after.. so I really do think that, as the date approaches, it is very possible to grab an ADR on these most popular restaurants.

I don't know what is up with the week following Thanksgiving but I can't find available times for Ohana or BOG dinner in this period. I'm actually trying everyday from 11/12 to 11/27 and got nothing!
However.. I have noticed that it would be fairly easy if I wanted to book for tomorrow or the day after.. so I really do think that, as the date approaches, it is very possible to grab an ADR on these most popular restaurants.
thank you for that helpful tip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!