Hats?

MaryannF

<font color=purple>Very interesting...<br><font co
My daughter and I are going to WDW in August. I am not a hat person but every time we go to WDW I take a hat with a wide brim and wear it, even though I get severe hat hair (which has resulted in some comic relief for my family when we stop to dine). We do a hat check before we leave the room to make sure that everyone has their hat with them. I am always amazed at how many women and children remain hatless. Don't they get a burned head? What kind of head gear do you wear?

That's what happened to me a year ago ... The top of my head was all flaky, red and really itchy ... :( I guess it's something you don't really think about until it happens to you.

I have a Disney hat, I think its a fishing style hat.... It's black and and has Disney written on the front with paterns from different characters. I saw a really cute hat on my last trip, it was a light blue with Tinkerbell .. It said "Mood Subject To Change at Anytime" ... my boyfriend think that hat says it all! :rolleyes:

My family and I always wear hats with brims. They are usually cotton which is nice because you can soak them with cold water to help cool off.
I can not believe the number of young children I see there with no hats.
I would much prefer hat hair and looking dorky then missing out on my holiday because of heat stroke.

Usually a Winnie the Pooh baseball cap or a Hello Kitty bucket hat. To combat hat hair I carry a little spray of water which I use when taking off my hat to help control fly aways. I find if I use gel when your hair moves it cracks and doesn't look as good.
When my mum wore her straw hat on the disney cruise it actually deflated (went down in the center) because of all the humidity. It was pretty funny since, the whole trip we had made fun of her hat.

I love hats, but it isn't a mutual thing. ;) I don't wear a hat when I'm at WDW, and so far I've been spared a burnt head. :)

Sometimes I wear a visor at WDW but that doesn't cover my head. I've got thick, dark hair so I guess that's why I've never had a burnt head :).

I don't wear a hat....I find I get way to hot. like Lisa I've got thick hair & I've never burnt before. Last time we were there was in Nov. so the sun's not that strong then. I still make dd wear a hat- baseball cap & Dh always wears a basebal cap in the sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter