"Have a magical day"

jamal

<font color=blue>Nutwing #4<br><font color=deeppin
Why don't CMs say that when you call anymore? I've spoken to at least 4CMs in the last three weeks in booking hotel and dining. All have been very nice and helpful, just no "Have a Magical Day." They used to end every call that way. Anyone have a different experience?

I find myself wanting to say it to the CM before I hang up! I like it!

I've had it hit and miss...last year I was told to have a magical day after making my dining ressies, but this year the girl was a real sweetie, but no magical day..... :confused3

I have had it hit or miss the last year or so as well. I never really thought about it until now, but like everything else this appears to have been a casualty of CM turnover.

Our past stay this December, however, yielded numerous magical days when I had to call the front desk at the resort or Disney dining. I guess it just happens to be who you get on the other end of the line.

jamal said:
Why don't CMs say that when you call anymore? I've spoken to at least 4CMs in the last three weeks in booking hotel and dining. All have been very nice and helpful, just no "Have a Magical Day." They used to end every call that way. Anyone have a different experience?

you know you are right. I didn't realize this until you brought it to my attention. I wonder why? :confused3

If you are calling the Disney Reservation Center for bookings and dining many of those CM's are not located in Florida and are subcontracted to help with call volume and they truly just don't understand the Disney way or magic.

Well I am getting married and at DFTW they do not say it either and I kind of missed it..or they have not said it to me....I thought about saying that to them..

jamal said:

While I can't say "all" CMs feel this way, a good many I worked with at the DRC have a totally different meaning when they tell someone to "have a magical day." :earboy2:

Probably the real reason is they don't HAVE to say it any more. There are certain spiels they are required to say (like the initial greeting is actually taped and is what you hear when the phone is answered and read directly from the requirement listed in the computers). I believe when they started the "magical" programs two or so years ago, they were required to tell guests to have a magical day. I know when I was there, it was no longer a requirement. We were supposed to say something to the effect of "I hope you and your family have a great time/wonderful stay". They wanted us to personalize for whomever we were speaking with. :)

I must be lucky I've had it every call I've made for this trip. My mom was very impressed when I told her they say that. She also loved that they always refer to DD as "Princess Alexandra". I'm hoping she's as impressed when we get there!

ETA: Granted it's only been 3 calls! :goodvibes

No one has ever said it to me, not on the phone and not in person. In fact I have only ever spoken to 1 person on the phone who was even nice. :confused3 I HATE calling disney because of that. I always get someone who hates life, hates their job, and it shows in their attitude. When we get to WDW I ALWAYS only deal with CM's who are "earning their ears" so I guess it's just my curse. However, when DH talks to them on the phone or at the parks/resort, he ALWAYS get's a "Have a magical day" and he rubs it in my face. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter