have not booked August flights..should I be worried?

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
We are heading down August 8-17th. We have not booked our flight yet because they seem very high.. Is it too early to start worrying or will they most likely drop?

I'm following along as well. I booked our August return flights a few weeks ago because I was ok with the price on SW. I've been checking for our inbound flights to MCO everyday at different times at found nothing good.
Yesterday I saw those same flights all increased in price by at least $40 across the board! They are holding there again today.
I'm staying firm though and waiting it out for a while yet. I'm hoping they come down in a couple of months. I always felt like they did in the past, but who knows! It's so frustrating, I just want to get it all done! Flying PHL to MCO

Good Luck!

We always book South West as soon as fares are released. Only once in the last several years have they gone down from PHL/MCO and back and we got a small credit for the next year's trip. Other than that, it's up, up, up from the first day on. Even before we started using SW I'd jump on any reasonable fare as soon as they come out.

Bill From PA

We are leaving for MCO on 8/9 and I just booked flights the other day for $135 from Newark. I got airfare so much cheaper last year. We stilled have not booked a return flight (looking to leave on 8/24) because they are all over $200. I thought I read that airfare was going to go down but it doesn't look that way. Booked with JetBlue.

I booked for August the day jet blues flights came out. I had a general idea of when we were going to I picked thr says with the lowest flights.

A friend is going the week after us and said her flights were high but the week before was cheaper. She booked 2 one way flights on different carriers.

They better go down!
I booked flights to MCO but did not book return b/c they were ridiculous.
For the last month the wanna get away fares have been showing sold out and I’m sure they will one day appear again to a decent price ( at least I hope so ) we just have to keep checking everyday !

No, they usually say 2-3 months is the sweet spot. I am monitoring for our September trip and right now June is the one with all of the specials. I hop on Kayak every day and monitor the flights I want. Tuesday afternoons are when prices tend to change so just monitor now and see how they are fluctuating.

They better go down!
I booked flights to MCO but did not book return b/c they were ridiculous.
For the last month the wanna get away fares have been showing sold out and I’m sure they will one day appear again to a decent price ( at least I hope so ) we just have to keep checking everyday !

Is this for Southwest or JetBlue?

I saw Spirit Airfare for our return trip for $99 from MCO to EWR (Newark) this morning but I am hesitant to fly them. Anyone ever try? It was for an early flight.

have you been tracking what it is like closer to, like 2 months out? SW has been having a lot of sales for travel though June 20 which tells me they just haven't started on August dates yet. I booked SW going out as soon as they released dates but their return flights are horrible so I am watching an American flight and a JetBlue flight. My mom is tracking SW out of BWI and they are twice the price they were when they first released. Don't hold me accountable but I really think they will go down. Just monitor everyday and see how they move. Look at days two-three months from the day you are looking too to check for trends. Then you can make a more educated decision on the right time to buy.

We are heading down August 8-17th. We have not booked our flight yet because they seem very high.. Is it too early to start worrying or will they most likely drop?

No one here has any clue. They may go up or down. It is a complete crap shoot.

I saw Spirit Airfare for our return trip for $99 from MCO to EWR (Newark) this morning but I am hesitant to fly them. Anyone ever try? It was for an early flight.

Try reading these threads. You can probably find more opinions if you search "Spirit" on this forum.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/frontier-and-spirit-questions.3669156/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-bad-is-spirit-airlines.3664741/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/spirit-airlines.3663618/

My short answer: I live in Fort Lauderdale, which is Spirit's home base. I won't fly on them because they have a very poor track record dealing with flight cancelations. If your flight home were to be canceled, the only they Spirit will likely do is offer you seats on the next available flight.

My dates are 8/3- 8/18. I also fly PHL to MCO but I prefer Frontier even with baggage fees and seat fees they are cheaper than Southwest. And choosing my seat is what I prefer anyway. Back in Feb, Frontier had our flights from PHL to MCO at only $86 on Friday or $66 on Saturday. I hadn't confirmed my off-site resort yet, so I was afraid to book in case I had to change my dates.:confused3 The very next day I got my confirmation for my resort and wouldn't you know it, those cheap airfare prices were gone. Either one would have worked. Fly in Friday nite and pay $86 or fly in first thing Saturday morning for only $66.
I could have kicked myself for missing out on those fares. :faint:
I hope they come around again. I am hopeful I may see something below $100 around mid-May. :sick:

JetBlue flights are high for the summer. I am hoping they come down. Since we booked going down at $135 from Newark to MCO and return flights are around $225, I will consider renting a car and driving home if the price doesn't come down. Last year we got around $200/pp round trip, this year they are way higher.

Oh my gosh, this is all me. We booked SW when the day they were released but when we were about to book, the return flight went up 200 dollars each! From 95 to 295 each from MCO to Newark (now it's at 500!). The only nonstop that SW had on Friday was at 10:30 in the morning and we would never make that getting off the cruise, so we were debating an extra day, staying at a local hotel, and leaving on Saturday. But when we booked, the price went up way too much! So, we only had a one way trip booked. However, it was really bothering me and we jumped last weekend for a return trip. I keep seeing prices going up and I was getting nervous so we grabbed a United flight at 2:30pm. I'm kind of restricted on my times because we're getting off the cruise that day (8/24) and I can't do anything too early. We paid about 350 total each. I'm not loving the price, but I'm not a patient person and seeing the flights go up were making me insane! So, it is what it is! Good luck, guys!

disneyobessed, we almost have the same dates. We are flying out of PVD 8/9 returning on 8/17. The day SWA opened up for our dates they came out at $99 each way this was at 6:45 in the morning. I couldn't book them due to work for just a half an hour. I go back to book them and in 30 minutes the flight from MCO to PVD on the 17th was still $99, but the flight from PVD to MCO was now $179!!! I was pissed! So here we had flights home, but none down. jetBlue was over $200 from PVD and Frontier was $71 for their basic fare and I only wanted to use them as a last resort. Finally a couple of weeks ago JB was $139 per person to MCO so I jumped on it. Pretty satisfied and I'm glad we are finally booked. But the prices are pretty bad this year for August.

Don’t do it! Lol
There were two spirit flights scheduled to be leaving before our AA flight last month, coming home to Philly. Both cancelled. If you get stuck they don’t seem to care too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter