Have you ever misbehaved at Disney?

tinkerjo

DIS Veteran
Thought this might be an interesting thread. Have you ever done anything shameful or misbehaved at Disney? Mine was Christmas 3 years ago. We took DS, Wife and 2 young grandsons with us. My daughter in law had never been and we were excited to show the newbie our happy place. She did nothing but complain for days and my DH started yelling at her in the middle of the park( he snapped) I told them all very loudly to stop it,that I payed for the trip, and they would all shut up and enjoy it while I walked off crying. I’m sure we were a sight!! BTW- they have never gone back with us
Just wondering what other stories were out there.

Lets see once at 3 we where at a huge playground in the magic kingdom somehow I disappeared and they blocked all exits to the magic kigdom till I was found, then when I was in my early 20s I said the f word a few times while leaving

Last edited:
Thought this might be an interesting thread. Have you ever done anything shameful or misbehaved at Disney? Mine was Christmas 3 years ago. We took DS, Wife and 2 young grandsons with us. My daughter in law had never been and we were excited to show the newbie our happy place. She did nothing but complain for days and my DH started yelling at her in the middle of the park( he snapped) I told them all very loudly to stop it,that I payed for the trip, and they would all shut up and enjoy it while I walked off crying. I’m sure we were a sight!! BTW- they have never gone back with us
Been there!

Once my daughter and I were waiting in line for RnRC. We were all lining up to head into the preshow room. The CM kept asking people to move up but the woman in front of me put her arms out and refused to move. I may have slightly bumped her, it may have been not completely my fault because people behind me all pushing forward. When we finally got into the room I went to move far away from her and she put her arms out again. I ducked under her and walked near the door far away from her. She seemed a little unstable. The bad thing I did was stick my tongue out at her as we boarded our car and she was still waiting.

Similarly, on our Day One in November I ran into a men's bathroom at Epcot and in there, a father was in there screaming at his boy about how's he's ruining the vacation paid for by him and threatened to leave that very day. The boy was crying. I chuckled to myself that I wouldn't get like that with my 9 year old son. Never.

Zoom ahead to Day Five and there I am back at Epcot, loudly speaking to my son (I'll say it wasn't quite screaming like that other father), telling him how he wishes for trips to Disney all the time and yet here we are now and he's still acting like a jerk to the rest of us. He said something that made me snap and there I was in Epcot taking his hand and pretending to walk out of the park.

He later said he really thought I was serious.

I was standing watching streetmosphere in a circle with a few other families. A little girl about 10 years old was having a great time dancing to the music. After insulting the dancing of the little girl near them - within earshot of said little girl!! - , one family stepped out in front of the line to get an unobstructed view for their video.
I was beyond irritated by them after they were snotty to the little girl and now blocking my previously good view for their self-involved purposes.
I may have shoulder checked the videographer’s videoing arm as I casually walked by.

I was moaning, groaning and complaining about the heat blasting on me at AK while waiting in a character line. I was mad it was taking soooooo long😫😖. We were almost there when all of a sudden they stopped the line—my blood boiled! I watched in horror as the brought out a child who was on a MAKE A WISH TRIP😳. They let that babe spend lots of time with who-ever the character was. I stood there and cried.......I have not complained, while waiting in ANY line, since......I still think about that babe........

I’m here now. First time since I was 5 and I’m 34 now. I’ve been here since Sunday and Monday was our first park day. After that day, it had already felt like I’ve been here a week.
Anyway, we are at AoA and yesterday there was a gaggle of about 20 teenage girls blocking the walkway in the Nemo section. I said excuse me 3 times and they wouldn’t move. They were all just standing there, talking and taking pictures. I couldn’t just go through them as I had my son in a stroller. I finally yelled MOVE. And then came the loud What the F***

I suppose it isn’t that bad. I’ve actually had pretty good luck with encountering non idiots. After reading through this board I was nervous, but as far as the people go, they haven’t been too bad.

We did see 2 people cut in an extremely long FP line for Festival of the Lion King. They actually cut right behind us. We couldn’t believe it. The people that they cut in front of didn’t say anything. I would have lost my mind if they had done that to us and I’d have a much different story to share on here

We did see 2 people cut in an extremely long FP line for Festival of the Lion King. They actually cut right behind us. We couldn’t believe it. The people that they cut in front of didn’t say anything. I would have lost my mind if they had done that to us and I’d have a much different story to share on here
I think the vast majority of line cutters rely on the general good-naturedness and desire to avoid conflict of most people. 99 times out of 100 no one says anything to them. I love it when they do it and try to be in a total huff about it. Like to say, Look at me, I'm so angry right now... I dare you say something to me [as I cut in front of you].

Me too! It was a pack of 100 and I shared them with others.
We weren't as generous as you.

I mostly brought them in to use with the take and toss straw cups with the grand kids. For some reason the cups last but the straws with those cups disappear within a week.

Off topic, but I had packed about a dozen of those cups for use in the room. We stayed at a DVC 2 bedroom with a bunch of kids and the room only has a few plastic cups. Glass is nice, but not with 6 kids with a age range of 2 - 14. ( Some of them were in another room, but most meals were eaten together in the our room with the kitchen.)

My daughter was mortified (at the time - she was 8 and scared) by my behaviour. (I would do this again in a heartbeat though....)

We were in Epcot and a little boy about 4-5yo was standing near us clearly 'lost'. We were behind Innoventions and there were very few people around. I started looking around and was happy to see a parent heading towards him from about 100' away. I was happy until the Dad got to him, yelled at him and proceeded to spank him a few times while yelling and dragging him towards the mother.

The problem was I could see the parents were beyond angry, both yelling at him and telling him to stay with the family rather than always wandering off. I get that but the challenge was in their anger they continued to hit him and both yell at him.

By now about 30 seconds had passed and I'd watched in shock as he'd be spanked about 7 or 8 times and there was no end in sight as both parents were yelling, would stop hitting and then would start to hit him again.

Without even realizing what I was doing, I yelled out, 'STOP!!!! Stop hitting him!!!' At this point they turned their anger on me and started yelling at me.

Thankfully at this point a CM walked over, asked me to move on and gently diffused the situation.

I understand the parents being upset and if they spanked him once or twice that was up to them but it was that it kept ramping up rather than calming down.

We walked away shaking and in fact I'm shaking again, just typing this. I was thankful that we didn't run into that family again that day.

I'm sure I've done stuff ... I just can't remember it :p

We went one year at Christmas. I knew Main Street was 'closed' for the parade, but I purposefully left my family at the main street entrance, walked down the sidewalk til I hit that opening they leave for people to cross the street and then walked towards the castle until the picture filled my lens and took a picture of the castle. CM's were pissed, yelling, gesturing and I'm smiling and waving. It was fun and I have a great picture of the Castle :)

I've committed many crimes, the worst being drinking too much at Epcot and throwing up in a bush.

We went to HS last weekend. We were all pretty stressed out from the crowds and decided to have lunch at PizzeRizzo, only because there is always quiet seating upstairs. We were practically alone upstairs...ahhhh... enjoying our quiet lunch when a couple started coming around taking pictures of the pictures on the wall. I silently watched them as they came up behind my husband, sure they wouldn't do it.. she asked to take pics of the pics over our heads! She told us we didn't have to move, she could just lean over us (AND OUR FOOD) to take the pics. She looked shocked that I didn't hesitate to tell her it wasn't ok and to come back later when we were done.

Several years ago I threw a hangry temper tantrum at Garden Grill: I'd been up about 36 hours at that point (had taken the red eye from the West Coast) and they were 45 minutes late seating. Well, OK, maybe it was just hanrgy staring at the Hostess, but she got the message and warned the Seater/Greeter.

And once, way back when Living with the Land had CMs on the boat doing the narration and we still used actual cameras, I accidentally took at picture with the flash on and got a stern lecture.

I am such a rule follower........................usually:cutie:
Then last trip I skipped the walking loop at the bus stop in Disney Spring (OKW bus),,,,only 3 people waiting at the top of the line. I went under the rope behind them........then noticed the driver watching me.............
I felt so guilty.....he played it up once we were on the bus over the microphone.................:o:o:o:o
then he comes back to my seat and kneels down in front of me and say *Princess if you are going to be rope jumping and going under ropes I need to tie your shoes*,,,, he proceeds to tie my shoes while telling me he used to work in a shoe store,,,,,,,unknown to me my son was video taping this whole process and enjoyed sharing it with family back home.
Memories!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!