Have you ever noticed...

EveDallas

Always keep fighting
that when people post negative reviews of Universal, they usually start with something like "I'm a Disney fan and never thought about going to Universal, but...."? It always annoys me that people go in with the idea that it's all coasters and nothing else, and don't give the park a chance. I mean, if you're already dead set that you won't like it and would rather be at Disney, then just go to Disney. Less people in the park for me.

Well, tell them to talk to some of the Disney people I spoke to on the phone today! I'm missing Universal already, and my trip is not even here yet! Universal reps are much nicer in my opinion. I'm slowly beginning to remember why I haven't gone to Disney in so long, and instead, have season passes to Universal.

I'm with you, let them stay at Disney, and we'll enjoy an emptier park.

I absolutely love Disney, but am really looking forward to my Universal trip in December. I have been to Universal a few times before, but it has always been a side trip from my Disney vacation. This year will be completely mouse free.

Yeah - there are a lot of hardcore Disney fans who have decided they hate universal before they even get there.

There are still a lot of people who feel Disney can do no wrong - several years ago I started posting about by negative experiences at Disney and I took a beating,
When I have positive thing to say I post that as well - but those have been few and far between the last 7 or so years.
now the Disney boards are full of unhappy folks, but there are still those that will defend it no matter what and feel like they have to bash universal.

Whatever - I just ignore them and enjoy going to Universal without planning every minute of every day months in advance

Every so often we get posters who come across to write a bad review with the sole purpose of telling us how bad Universal is, how poor the hotels are, how unfriendly the staff are and how wonderful everything Disney is.......once I see the phrase Disney does that so much better I`m usually out..........some are so blatantly obvious to be stirring the pot.

I do wonder why........I never feel the need to go on the Disney boards and tell everyone there how much better EP is compared to FP. But, it is what is.......

There really is no comparison......we all know Universal Orlando is better....right........:rolleyes1:D

For us, there is no comparison. The 2 parks/hotels are such different experiences that we can't compare. We love them both and look forward to trips to either with the same excitement. We just got back from Disney for our first MNSSHP and F&W. We're heading to Portofino for the Christmas celebration. **HAPPY DANCES ALL AROUND**

For us, there is no comparison. The 2 parks/hotels are such different experiences that we can't compare. We love them both and look forward to trips to either with the same excitement. We just got back from Disney for our first MNSSHP and F&W. We're heading to Portofino for the Christmas celebration. **HAPPY DANCES ALL AROUND**
Yup - no reason you can't enjoy both.

I have never skipped going to Disney when in Orlando - I plan too next year, but we will see.
I have said that every year for the last few - and I have not done it yet - I just spend less and less time there.

Universal Parks with great rides and team members who give top notch customer service, Hard Rock Hotel( our UO home!), Unlimited express pass, 2 minute walk to the parks, security that is super efficient, no planning six months ahead- what's not to love!

Yeah - there are a lot of hardcore Disney fans who have decided they hate universal before they even get there.

There are still a lot of people who feel Disney can do no wrong - several years ago I started posting about by negative experiences at Disney and I took a beating,
When I have positive thing to say I post that as well - but those have been few and far between the last 7 or so years.
now the Disney boards are full of unhappy folks, but there are still those that will defend it no matter what and feel like they have to bash universal.

Whatever - I just ignore them and enjoy going to Universal without planning every minute of every day months in advance
I call those people Disneyphiles since they can't see outside the Mickey bubble. I haven't stepped foot on Disney property in a long time and I live here. Let em say what they want...Disney has a multitude of problems they seem to ignore because they are in the "magic"...whatever that means.

When we went to Universal in 2011 it was a last minute replacement trip and I wanted to add 3 days before a Disney Cruise and saw a good deal at RPR so we thought what the heck. Our expectations were LOW and we did almost no planning (basically google mapped it and got a ride height list since my son was still little). We were absolutely blown away and we became diehard fans.

I come from British Columbia, Canada, and it takes me a full day to get to Orlando. So. I want to eek out every bit of enjoyment from my vacation. We always do both WDW and Universal. I do stay on property at WDW but next trip we will spend a few days at a Universal hotel. They look awesome! I love so many of the Universal attractions. Harry Potter just blew me away. Looking forward to seeing Diagonal Alley for the first time next month. It will be very liberating not having to schedule each attraction and meal!

I love Disney and we have lots of fun but there are great things about Uni too. Dis hasn't done anything that even holds a candle to WWoHP. Not even close (we have been to Pandora yet though). I really hope that changes with SW land.

And EP is so much better (free at hotels that are half the price of Dis deluxe).

But Dis is magical and has great characters to meet and is fabulous for little kids.

They each have their own strengths and weaknesses. You can like them both or prefer one over the other. But to each their own. No need to hassle someone who likes the other better.

I've been to both and I think they are VERY different in their own ways. I think Disney has the "bubble" where Universal doesn't as much. If I want thrill rides, I definitely pick Universal over Disney. There isn't much at Disney that we find thrilling.

However, I will mention that we went to SeaWorld this year and rode the Mako 10 times in a row without getting off. That coaster was intense and we literally had no planning before going to SeaWorld.

They both have decent hotels, but I personally like Disney's theming more. The FP system for me makes more sense at Universal. I think both parks are great, but we are returning to Disney next year for the 3rd year in a row. Went to Universal last year and felt like it was enough for awhile.

I've been to both and I think they are VERY different in their own ways. I think Disney has the "bubble" where Universal doesn't as much. If I want thrill rides, I definitely pick Universal over Disney. There isn't much at Disney that we find thrilling.

However, I will mention that we went to SeaWorld this year and rode the Mako 10 times in a row without getting off. That coaster was intense and we literally had no planning before going to SeaWorld.

They both have decent hotels, but I personally like Disney's theming more. The FP system for me makes more sense at Universal. I think both parks are great, but we are returning to Disney next year for the 3rd year in a row. Went to Universal last year and felt like it was enough for awhile.

Something for everyone. I don't plan on going back to Disney, but I love Universal.

We are Disney fans, So Cal natives been going to DL for decades. But I've also been a Simpsoms fan for decades and now we are HP fans. Have had APs to both DL and Universal Hollywood at the same time. Last month went to WDW and Universal Orlando and actually had more fun at Universal. Before closing we went back to Diagon Alley and just took in the ambiance and got candy/ice cream because it was like we were in the books/movies.

There seems to be plenty of Disney lovers who are very, very defensive of their nostalgia for the parks and buy into the company's own spin on its legacy. Don't get me wrong, I also love WDW and Disneyland (been to both this year along with several trips to UOR), but acting like Disney is somehow more pure and Universal is the evil corporation is ridiculous. The Walt Disney Company hasn't been family-owned since Roy O. Disney died in 1971, and it was a public company with power beyond Walt himself dating back to 1939.

Even the more even-keeled park lovers get this way sometimes. Anyone else roll their eyes when Pete Werner declared after D23 that the competition between Disney and Universal is "dead" just based on announcements of future attractions? There's plenty of people who want Universal to fail and refuse to acknowledge how they've pushed theme parks forward.

The two parks aside, 'vacation' means something different to everyone....and that's okay. One doesn't have to fit all.

What I have the hardest time understanding is the scenario which I see so often of:

"just got back. We spent 11 days at Disney and decided to check out Universal on our last day. Disney was SO MUCH BETTER...."

Like how can one possibly give an accurate/honest assessment of Universal when all they decided to put towards it was essentially an afterthought vs the amount of time spent soaking in everything Disney for over a week?

What I have the hardest time understanding is the scenario which I see so often of:

"just got back. We spent 11 days at Disney and decided to check out Universal on our last day. Disney was SO MUCH BETTER...."

Like how can one possibly give an accurate/honest assessment of Universal when all they decided to put towards it was essentially an afterthought vs the amount of time spent soaking in everything Disney for over a week?
I can’t even afford 11 days at Disney lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!