Have You Ever Ordered an Item from Amazon...

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
...and it came from...Walmart?! :eek:

I've ordered from Amazon for several years and have never ordered an item that came with a Walmart tag on it! Seems very strange to me!

I looked the same item (an Eastport backpack) up on Walmart's site and it was $14.88. On Amazon I paid $13.95, but both tags on the backpack say $14.88. I guess I got a good deal. :rotfl:

Just wondering if that's happened to anyone else?

Not that I can think of. I had a shirt arrive three days early and still be listed as shipping...Its possible I guess that the order wasn't directly through Amazon and Walmart is the one who filled it. I've bought a few things '3rd-party' a couple of times.

My DD just ordered some school supplies and had a handicapped shower stool delivered!!!

3 of my recent orders arrived well past the two day shipping window.

Amazon...what up? You are slacking.

MJ

Some amazon sellers do retail abitrage...basically buy at a steep discount from other retailers and then sell it via Fulfilled by Amazon for a profit. They are supposed to remove the retailer's tags, but it sounds like that one snuck by.

...and it came from...Walmart?! :eek:

I've ordered from Amazon for several years and have never ordered an item that came with a Walmart tag on it! Seems very strange to me!

I looked the same item (an Eastport backpack) up on Walmart's site and it was $14.88. On Amazon I paid $13.95, but both tags on the backpack say $14.88. I guess I got a good deal. :rotfl:

Just wondering if that's happened to anyone else?

Are you a prime member just thinking maybe that's were the discount came from

Some amazon sellers do retail abitrage...basically buy at a steep discount from other retailers and then sell it via Fulfilled by Amazon for a profit. They are supposed to remove the retailer's tags, but it sounds like that one snuck by.
I had this happen. Bought a set of pots and pans advertised as new, $50 cheaper than anyone else which should have been my first clue. When I got it everything was just thrown in the box with the packaging on top. It was a mess trying to get a return label to send it back. After looking at their seller's page it's clear they buy stuff to resell. Apparently they don't bother to check it out, just receive and sell.

I had this happen. Bought a set of pots and pans advertised as new, $50 cheaper than anyone else which should have been my first clue. When I got it everything was just thrown in the box with the packaging on top. It was a mess trying to get a return label to send it back. After looking at their seller's page it's clear they buy stuff to resell. Apparently they don't bother to check it out, just receive and sell.

When the seller ships it to Amazon, it is suppsoed to be packaged and labeled and ready to ship, so amazon puller just grab it from a shelf and send it off. If anything is wrong with it, they go after the seller. Too many mishaps and the account is shut down.

We use Amazon a LOT and probably 50% of what we buy comes from 3rd parties. If I saw that party was Walmart however, I would keep looking.

When the seller ships it to Amazon, it is suppsoed to be packaged and labeled and ready to ship, so amazon puller just grab it from a shelf and send it off. If anything is wrong with it, they go after the seller. Too many mishaps and the account is shut down.
I meant the seller did not check it out. I did have to get Amazon involved because at first the seller wouldn't respond to me. Then when they did they wanted me to pay return shipping when the item wasn't as advertised. Anyway, I'm done with third party unless it's a business I know like B&H, Jansport or something of that nature.

Sure I've seen stuff like that, but sold by a reseller through "Fulfilled by Amazon". One was a Jose Carioca plush that was originally sold at Disney Store. It was a present for my kid's preschool teacher who was originally from Brazil. I think the price was actually less than it sold new at Disney Store, although it could have been clearance and/or bought with a discount. It was brand new, but the tag was torn with no bar code. There were four teachers in the class, and we got three similar medium plush toys at Disney Store when they had a special deal for 3 or more. However, the Jose Carioca plush was something that we just had to get for this recipient.

One of the big retailers on Amazon is ToyWiz. They do a lot of market speculation rather than just selling all items at a basic retail price. They also sell on Walmart.com.

Some retailers do what is called a drop ship through Amazon. Office Depot does this with them. This is much more common with clothing retail where you order from someone like Amazon, Nordstrom, or even Shopbop and the designer is the one to ship the product not the retailer.

I think the only concern I have is that I got the product, and I got it for the price it was advertised for. I have no idea why it would matter who the actual seller is.

I think the only concern I have is that I got the product, and I got it for the price it was advertised for. I have no idea why it would matter who the actual seller is.

Well - it does matter to a slight degree depending on who you're ordering it from and where you're located.

At least for California "Fulfilled by Amazon" sales, if the seller and the warehouse the item ships from is outside of California, sales tax isn't automatically charged. I know a big deal was made about Amazon agreeing to charge sales tax in California for products that they directly sell, but this is still a pretty substantial loophole. And coming from a California warehouse would help with shipping times.

Sometimes they might get roughed up a little before they get to Amazon's warehouses.

Yes. I have ordered items from Amazon and they came with Walmart, Target or other tags on them. I have actually sold items on Amazon that I purchased new at Target just to resale. End cap discounted stuff.

We use Amazon a LOT and probably 50% of what we buy comes from 3rd parties. If I saw that party was Walmart however, I would keep looking.

Funny thing is, it did not say anywhere that it came from Amazon. It said sold and shipped by Amazon. I went back and looked after I got the item and saw the Walmart tag. I have ordered from third party sellers through Amazon before and it always says exactly where it comes from. This item did not.

Thanks for the input. Geez. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter