Have you ever stayed at the same hotel as a celebrity?

We stayed at Aulani back in September and the Secretary of Defense and his entourage were all staying there. They gave a speech with other dignitaries from other countries at the resort one day. Tons of secret service everywhere.

I used to work at a nicer hotel where I live and had the opportunity to see lots of celebrities including John Mayer, Justin Timberlake, Pink, Nicole Richie, and various NFL and NHL teams when they stayed at our hotel.

Brian Wilson of the Beach boys was in the room next door for a week at the sheraton Waikiki. Keven Bacon at the Grand Wailea. Hotels do let their employees talk about celebrity guests so I am sure there were more

Once, many years ago, we were flying home from Denver but there were a ton of flight cancellations. Got to the hotel we were given a voucher for and saw a huge line of these big guys waiting to check in. Turned out to be a bunch of WWF wrestlers and crew. Spent over an hour in line with the Bushwackers. Had no clue who they were but they were hilarious and entertained us the whole time. Also met several others whose names I don't recall and my sister and I still laugh about our WWF night.

We were on the Disney Fantasy last year with Neil Patrick Harris and his family. Not a traditional hotel but a floating one counts right? My husband walked past Neil and his husband in the hallway before we knew they were on the ship, and I saw Neil run up and out of the theatre to grab popcorn before one of the night shows. Fun to say we were on a cruise with Doogie Howser!

Yes. Maybe 2 years ago in Pittsburgh they were filming the movie "concussion" and it didn't take us long to figure Alec Baldwin, Will Smith and Albert Brooks were in the hotel. Alec walked around quite plainly-saw him walk through the lobby alone a couple of times but Will Smith was sneaking around playing elevator tag

Back in late 80's early 90's a group of friends checked into a Days inn in Schaumburg IL and I saw a guy walking in the hall on our floor. I took a quick look and immediately recognized it to be MC Hammer who was very popular at the time. I tried to tell my group and they just laughed and teased...I looked back and he winked at me. We got into the room and looked out the window to see MC Hammer tour bus!

In the mid-90's I worked at the Holiday Inn in Joplin, Missouri, which was the "nicest" hotel in that one-horse town.* Being a city of about 50,000, it didn't exactly attract top-notch entertainers into town. A few C-listers came by every now and then, and those who didn't stay in their tour buses stayed at the Holiday Inn.

Gallagher (comedian whose best days were behind him even in the mid-90's) was a total jerk; he was belittling the security guy for some perceived flaw in his room assignment (as if it was the security guy's fault). I was also working the night Twila Paris (Contemporary Christian Music singer who was of middling popularity at the time) stayed there, but I didn't see her.

*At one time, Joplin's Holiday Inn was considered one of the nicest hotels in southwest Missouri, on par with the better places in Springfield. By the time I worked there it was no better or no worse than any other Holiday Inn anywhere else, but for a few decades it was the talk of the town. It was partially built with Mickey Mantle's money: he was from a town not far away and had played Legion ball in Joplin for a few seasons. When he retired from baseball he invested in real estate and was at least a partial investor in the Holiday Inn.

That's a shame about Gallagher - used to really enjoy him. Didn't his brother take over the act? And wasn't there a falling out?

Yes. Maybe 2 years ago in Pittsburgh they were filming the movie "concussion" and it didn't take us long to figure Alec Baldwin, Will Smith and Albert Brooks were in the hotel. Alec walked around quite plainly-saw him walk through the lobby alone a couple of times but Will Smith was sneaking around playing elevator tag

Back in late 80's early 90's a group of friends checked into a Days inn in Schaumburg IL and I saw a guy walking in the hall on our floor. I took a quick look and immediately recognized it to be MC Hammer who was very popular at the time. I tried to tell my group and they just laughed and teased...I looked back and he winked at me. We got into the room and looked out the window to see MC Hammer tour bus!

Day's Inn? Maybe I will see a celebrity some day at the Super 8!

Several years ago DH and I spent a couple of nights at a Best Western hotel close to Busch Gardens in Florida. The next morning at breakfast we saw "Whispering" Bill Anderson (old time country music fans will know him), and saw him again as he was checking out of the hotel. He'd done a concert at BG the night before. I still regret not getting a photo of him.

Have no clue but then I didn't knock on all the doors to see if a celebrity would answer!!! :rotfl:

Yes we were at GF when Armageddon came out all the cast was there. Met Michael Clark Duncan and the other chubby white guy were smoking at the door. Ate dinner next to Bruce Willis. My DS did Mickey boats with Steve Buscemi, who was awesome.

Steven Tyler was next to us at check in

Last edited:
No celebrities at my last 2 Disney stays at my budget-friendly go-to, Pop Century. Just a nice lady at the microwaves noticing me preparing my brought-from-home food at breakfast and showing me her own brought-from-home food she was preparing, lol

I was going to the bar at Ft. Magruder in Williamsburg,Va. I wasn't staying there, but I knew the band playing.
Leslie Neilsen (of Airplane) was staying there as he liked to attend the golf classic at Kingsmill.
Very nice guy.

Stayed at the Yacht Club and unbeknownst to us, Dick Cheney was also staying there for a meeting being held at WDW that weekend. Lots of Secret Service too. Not sure if that counts though.........

Many years ago we were the Grand Californian in DL and I met Ron Popeil (the Pocket Fisherman guy) in the lobby. We had a great conversation and he could not have been nicer.

We stayed at the Lost Pines resort in Bastrop Texas the same time Kyle Chandler and his family were there for a charity golf tournament that we volunteered for. Our family rode the horse and buggy tour with his siblings and nieces and nephews. Nice family.

We stayed at the Kings Island Inn when they were filming a Brady Bunch episode. Saw the actors several times in the hotel and at the park.

We were on the Disney Fantasy last year with Neil Patrick Harris and his family. Not a traditional hotel but a floating one counts right? My husband walked past Neil and his husband in the hallway before we knew they were on the ship, and I saw Neil run up and out of the theatre to grab popcorn before one of the night shows. Fun to say we were on a cruise with Doogie Howser!

They must like Disney! When we stayed at AKL in 2013 NPH and his family were there, though we never saw them. I want to say he was maybe doing something witht the filming of the Christmas parade. We also saw an NFL player one day- I can't remember who but DS probably does- but he was checking in with his family and trting to be incognito so we didn't bother him.

When I was in high school we stayed at a university in Texas for a week long summer camp and the Houston Oilers (yes, I am dating myself) were there for training camp. Some friends and I got up super early one morning when we found out we'd be able to meet and get autographs from them in between their morning practices and our events. They were really nice and were surprised that us girls had gotten up so early just to meet them. I had a great conversation with Ray Childress and Webster Slaughter, who I don't expect any of you to know but it was fun for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!