Have you heard of Mystic film???

sleepyone

DIS Veteran
If so, how is the quality? Someone offered to sell me a 8 rolls for $24 (includes) shipping.

IIRC, they are one of those film companies that sells 35mm cinegraphic film in 35mm photographic catridges. Cine film requires different chemistry to process than the standard C-41 that photo labs use. They suck you in with cheap or even "free" film, but you are basically forced to use them for processing. As a result, cheap/free becomes expensive. Seattle Film Works is another place like this. If the film isn't labeled "Process C-41", don't touch it.

Great Pictures Start With Great Film. That's why we offer our own professional grade 35mm Mystic Film. Made to our specifications by Agfa, a world-leading film manufacturer, Mystic Film produces consistent results roll after roll. In judging our film, the critics at Photographic magazine said that it offers 'excellent color saturation and purity, outstanding skin tone reproduction, fine grain and great sharpness.'
You'll get clear, vivid images and colors so true-to-life that your photos will pop right off the print.

Available in 200 or 400 ASA - 24 or 36 exposures

We're so sure you'll love the results you get from Mystic Film that we'll give you your first roll FREE!

if this is the film you are talking about it should be very good film, the photography course I took, recommended 3 films, KODAK, FUJI, AND AGFA,,,

AGFA makes and packages film for many companys, the last I knew RITZ camera's film is one of those...

the only thing I'd check on is that it is c-41 processing,
there are some companys that use 35mm movie film which has an extra layer of emulsion on it and must be processed using special equipment, these companies then sell the film dirt cheap or give it away, knowing you will have to return it to them for processing, and that is where they make their profit..

darn I have to learn to type faster....LOL

I used to be a loyal Mystic fan, when they were actually IN Mystic Connecticut and found the film to be fine (don't like Fuji film myself) and did not see a difference from my usual Kodak.

RobinMarie said:
I used to be a loyal Mystic fan, when they were actually IN Mystic Connecticut and found the film to be fine (don't like Fuji film myself) and did not see a difference from my usual Kodak.
Where did you develop the film? Will I have problems developing it at a Wal-Mart, for instance?

sleepyone said:
Where did you develop the film? Will I have problems developing it at a Wal-Mart, for instance?

I developed it at Mystic through the mail, or at Picture Perfect store near me. I don't think you'd have any problems having it developed.

RobinMarie said:
I developed it at Mystic through the mail, or at Picture Perfect store near me. I don't think you'd have any problems having it developed.

as long as it is c-41 process it can be developed anywhere..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter