Having Annual Passes means infinite Disney trips, right? *COMPLETED* 6/5 California Grill Brunch

Oh my goodness, your dinner at Ohana looks so good. I simply adore that bread pudding and have the recipe so I can make it at home when I am feeling homesick for Disney. In fact, I think I'll make for dessert Friday night as we are going through a major cold snap with highs of -21 Celsius (-6 F) and lows of -29 (-20F). The bread pudding will cheer me up! I'm sorry to hear you were feeling so sick but glad you were able to power through and enjoy a bit of Disney before your special cruise. I am going to pop over there to read all about it and can't wait to hear all about your dinner at Remys!
How'd you get the recipe? It is so delicious, I'm always stuffed by the time it comes out, but you just have to make room for it. And that weather is freezing! We're having a cold front here in south Florida and it was 41 this morning and I was so cold. I couldn't imagine it being that cold, how do you even go outside? I think I'm going to wait to post the Remy dinner here until I catch up to that point on my cruise report first. The cruise was pretty amazing :)

I just got caught up. Food looks great.

Congratulations on your engagement.

I hate being sick at Disney. I was sick my Wilderness Lodge trip. Need a do over

I just got caught up. Food looks great.

Congratulations on your engagement.

I hate being sick at Disney. I was sick my Wilderness Lodge trip. Need a do over
Thank you! I agree being sick while at Disney isn't much fun. We both need to redo the vacations. ::yes::

Wow! So much helpful info! Thanks!
Thank you :) I'm glad what I write can help others with planning. It helped me when I first started reading them, seeing pictures and actual reviews of certain dishes makes it easier to pick when you've never been to that restaurant.

im loving this thread so far! thanks for taking the time to do this and to share with everyone! Cant wait to read the rest of your adventures!
:welcome:Thank you for taking the time to read through it :) I have many more adventures planned before my pass expires in May. Stay tuned.

I think I'm going to wait to post the Remy dinner here until I catch up to that point on my cruise report first. The cruise was pretty amazing :)

I feel like such a mean girl. I want to be you and I also sort of hate you (in the nicest possible way). I bet your dad invented toaster strudel and your hair is full of secrets! (I really hope you've seen mean girls otherwise I sound totally insane) Gosh I can't wait to hear about this meal.

I feel like such a mean girl. I want to be you and I also sort of hate you (in the nicest possible way). I bet your dad invented toaster strudel and your hair is full of secrets! (I really hope you've seen mean girls otherwise I sound totally insane) Gosh I can't wait to hear about this meal.
LMAO

It's so funny you're quoting Mean Girls, because my fiance and I love this movie! We use quotes from it all the time. This is definitely the best comment I've ever had on any of my reports!

The meal was fabulous, but the way it's taking me to catch up to it in my cruise report, I have a feeling I'll be posting my upcoming Disney weekend first before I get to it. It'll build the suspense :)

It's so funny you're quoting Mean Girls, because my fiance and I love this movie! We use quotes from it all the time. This is definitely the best comment I've ever had on any of my reports!

The meal was fabulous, but the way it's taking me to catch up to it in my cruise report, I have a feeling I'll be posting my upcoming Disney weekend first before I get to it. It'll build the suspense :)

I love suspense and also reading about your mini getaways. Our next one is this weekend :thumbsup2 so I can hang with you until Remy time!!!

I figure everyone gets mean girls quotes but one of my coworker friends doesn't remember any quotes from movies so we have to explain them all or else we just sound insane or harsh! :rotfl: Maybe my next dining report title will be "Is Butter a Carb?" Hahaha

Last edited:
I love suspense and also reading about your mini getaways. Our next one is this weekend :thumbsup2 so I can hang with you until Remy time!!!

I figure everyone gets mean girls quotes but one of my coworker friends doesn't remember any quotes from movies so we have to explain them all or else we just sound insane or harsh! :rotfl: Maybe my next dining report title will be "Is Butter a Carb?" Hahaha
That would be an excellent title.

i just stumbled across this and I have to say your write ups are fantastic. You are very lucky to live so close wish we did!

One question are you a DVC member? We are and love going so much!

i just stumbled across this and I have to say your write ups are fantastic. You are very lucky to live so close wish we did!

One question are you a DVC member? We are and love going so much!
:welcome:

Thank you! I'm glad you found my dining report :)

We are not DVC, although we stay a lot in villas. We considered doing it before we got the annual pass, but I don't think it would work for our style. We normally plan last minute trips, I actually just added another weekend trip in March. I know with DVC you really need to book at 11 months. It would make it cheaper though lol.

Trip 7 - 1/13-1/15
ABC Commissary

I'm back from my first Disney trip with kids. It was a great success and we went to a lot of great restaurants. I also learned that picky eater kids can eat chicken fingers and fries a ridiculous amount of times and not get sick of it.

We went for the long MLK weekend since the kids and I have off, my Fiance had to take the day off. Before the trip I was a little nervous. It was my first vacation with my future step kids and I wanted everything to go perfect. Of course a major cold front came through so that added a layer of stress making sure they stayed warm, but it all worked out in the end.

We drove up really early Saturday morning and got to Bay Lake Tower before our room was ready. Our plan for the day was to head over to Hollywood Studios for a few hours. We had a quick service lunch at ABC Commissary. I didn't want to make a reservation in case we didn't get to Orlando in time. We had dinner reservations for Narcoossee that night.

It took a while to get into the park. We had to stop at guest services to pick up the DAS (Disability Access Service) for my fiance's oldest daughter. She is autistic and there was no way she could wait in the lines without this. It came in handy so many times, the hardest line of the day was probably this one since it took over a half hour to get to the window.

upload_2018-1-22_7-41-19.png

The kids both got chicken fingers and fries from the adult menu. This was surprisingly not an option on the kid menu. They both declared this was great and the fries were the winners of the entire trip (and they had A LOT of fries).

upload_2018-1-22_7-42-39.png

I got the chicken sandwich with fries. This looked really weird. You can't really see the chicken in this picture, but it didn't look like chicken and it looked a little gray. I'm not sure if it was the seasoning, but I was afraid to eat it. It didn't taste bad or anything, but I'm a visual eater and this thing just looked like an alien. I was a little concerned I'd get food poisoning, thankfully that didn't happen.

upload_2018-1-22_7-45-58.png

My fiance got a burger and said it tasted good.

Overall it was a good quick meal since we'd all been up since 6am and hadn't really eaten much until now.

After eating we went over to our fast pass for Toy Story Mania. I think they've closed down the main tracks and only have one open at the moment. The line set up was weird and I know they are changing things so the entrance is on the other side.

upload_2018-1-22_7-47-44.png

After the ride some people were in need of a snack. We headed over to a stand across from the ride that was selling pretzels.

upload_2018-1-22_7-48-40.png

I'm not a fan of pretzels, but they enjoyed them. And they were shaped like Mickey, which was cute.

After a few more rides we got a text our room was finally ready. I was really excited about this room. I booked a two-bedroom theme park view villa at Bay Lake Tower. The two girls don't like to share a bed, so I wanted to make sure everyone had their own sleeping spaces and I also liked the wow factor of the room. They were impressed.

upload_2018-1-22_7-53-58.png

upload_2018-1-22_7-54-17.png

This was the girl's room. I booked it through cash, which doesn't give you an option of dedicated or a lock-off so I was a little nervous about what we were going to get. People on here had mentioned cash two-bedroom's were always dedicated, which thankfully turned out to be the case.

upload_2018-1-22_7-55-40.png

upload_2018-1-22_7-56-0.png

Our views from our two balconies. I figured with kids it would be easier to watch the fireworks from the comfort of our room instead of the park. We could also see the Hollywood Star Wars fireworks.

upload_2018-1-22_7-57-23.png

I love the master bedroom. The room was so big we didn't hear the kids at all when we were in our room. Trying to be a good future step mom :)

Up next our dinner at Narcoossee's in 30 degree weather...

What a great first disney trip with kids! How awesome you splurged on the two bedrooms at BLT so the kids could have their own beds! The wait for DAS at guest services took so long but so worth it. It really helped my autistic son out because he had hard time waiting in line. Can’t wait to read more. Sorry about the grey looking chicken sandwich though :crazy2: I would have brought it back and demanded something else. Food poisoning is no joke, son!

You're going to be a great step-mom! we were there the same time, looking forward to reading a different perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter