having trouble finding availability on disneys online website

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: I have been trying to find any availability for Oct 2018 for any resort for Oct 21 to Oct 28 and it keeps saying "this room type has no availability etc.." Looking at pop and riverside.

Anyone else have this problem?

Deb.

Hi: I have been trying to find any availability for Oct 2018 for any resort for Oct 21 to Oct 28 and it keeps saying "this room type has no availability etc.." Looking at pop and riverside.

Anyone else have this problem?

Deb.

Yes, lots of people. I have seen at least a dozen stand alone threads and have seen many posts in resort specific threads with this exact complaint.

One trick I have read, which I just verified worked, is when you click on the resort the default display is for room only. Change that to a package and then when it comes to the page to select the number of ticket days, select no tickets. It will then give you a cost for the room only. I just did this for Pop for your dates and all room types are available when clicking package but none were available when room only was selected. Same for POR.

Why this is happening is anyone's guess with WDW IT department.

I've noticed that when I first put in dates, # guests, & resort, it comes up no availability. I then go back and change the resort, and suddenly there is availability. Not sure why it doesn't "take" on the first try, but once I change the resort, I'm able to get rates. I tried this for your dates and while it showed no availability at first for Pop, once I changed to POR, rates came up:

disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/port-orleans-resort-riverside/rates-rooms/room-only/

Pop:

disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/rates-rooms/room-only/

Thank you for the info. :flower3: It was frustrating trying to make plans and having nothing available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!