Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Really looking forward to exploring Hawaii. We are debating if we should choose some of the excursions that are still available or renting a car at the port and doing it ourselves. This is our first cruise that is doing US ports and not foreign ones and so I’m not as concerned about driving difficulties.

My husband is looking to do a tasting and I was able to grab exactly 1 seat for the champagne tasting. (tried for both of us and it wouldn't let me). Still trolling for more!

Question: if we're doing a disney excursion but want to go out exploring ahead of time, is there anyway to meet up with the tour? For example, we want to do the luau on Kauai, but we want to do the train ride at the plantation which would mean going early. Do we have to go back to the ship to meet for the luau? (I plan on calling to ask, but figured if someone here might now know).

Our last few cruises the books were nothing special. They used to use the left over itinerary specific pins in the books and officer pin trading but now they just put those ones on clearance and then send the leftovers to the character warehouse stores in orlando. The books now are filled with a lot of the same pins over and over with the exception of when someone makes a trade.

That's sad! Is anyone else doing a pin stop on their room door? I've been rolling ideas around in my head of best ways to do it. I'm thinking something felt so it rolls up easily in my suitcase.

Also, has anyone done one before and had a problem with people just taking the pins instead of trading?

Roll call - Who is going?
WDWEPCOT - DH and Myself
AHain - DH, DD (22) & Myself - 39th Wedding Anniversary
BelleInBlue - DH & Myself
Braysmommy -
Drcarr00 - Dannielle (M) , Mariya (F), Simon (2)
Drcarr00 - Quyen (Grandmother), Elsa (Friend)
Disneycrazy43 - Howard & Victoria Levy, Francine (21), Griffin (24)
DisneyCruiseGirl - Mother & Myself
DisneyCruising - DH & Myself - BTB
DisneyMagicGirl - DD (20), Child (12), Child (10), Child (4) & Myself
Diznymom - DH & Myself
Dtrain - DW & Myself
Eeyore54Fred - DH & Myself - B-Day Celebration
EOppegaard - Eric, Erica, Owen (4), Isaac (1)
EpcotKilterFan - Mother & Myself
FamilyofFive - DH & DD (11), DS (7) , DS (1) & Myself - DD B-Day Celebration / 20th Wedding Anniversary
Fast43 - Scott, Vondra
Figment52 - BTB
Gilsan - DH, DD (14) & Myself
GoofyNewfie - BTB
Gourt - DH, DD (23) & Myself
Jexball - DH & Myself
Jlcrouse - DH & Myself - 5th Wedding Anniversary
Kathleena - DH & Myself - B-Day Celebration
Kelsanna - Best Friend & Myself
Mom4fun - DH, DS (19) & Myself
NAB - DH & Myself - 25th Wedding Anniversary
NASCAR8820 - DW & Myself
NonnaJoa - DH, DD (28) & Myself - 60th B-Day Celebration
Nutty4Disney - DH & Myself - 20th Wedding Anniversary
ShellB8585 - DH & Myself - 10th Wedding Anniversary
Sig - DH, DS (19) & Myself
S. Martin - DH, DS (4), DS (3) & Myself
So Cal Crew - DH, DD (21), DD (20), & Myself
So Cal Crew - DM, DS, DN (18)
Southerngirl528 - DH & Myself - Our Hawaiian Expert
SpaceCanada - DH & Myself - 15th Wedding Anniversary
Sunshine1259 - DH & Myself
Tinker&Belle - DH, DD (12) , DD (10) & Myself
Twyual - A.Lau - AL, ML, KC & KL
Wrabitdad - Bob & Dale
Hi! Little edit needed for ours. It should be Dannielle(F) and Mariya (F) — both female :). And our son Simon (2)

Drcarr00
You only have posted 3 messages - I am unable to send a Private Message to you - Per DIS rules you need 10 post to send or receive Private Messages - Please post on this thread 8 messages so I can send you the Fish Extender Group Listing tomorrow.
Thanks!
I think I’ve hit 10 now. If there are still issues, please let me know.

That's sad! Is anyone else doing a pin stop on their room door? I've been rolling ideas around in my head of best ways to do it. I'm thinking something felt so it rolls up easily in my suitcase.

Also, has anyone done one before and had a problem with people just taking the pins instead of trading?
We will have a pin board on our door. We will be in 7131. My pin board is 2 cork sheets cut into a mickey head and glued together at the edges to make it thinker and a piece of twine to hang it. It has survived 5 trips so far. I think in the 5 tips I have only lost 3 pins, well besides the ones my husband kept taking lol. I put out pretty basic pins for the most part but a few times per cruise I add a special pin like Star Wars Day at Sea pins I got on clearance after the last one a few years ago.

We are also staying a few extra days in Vancouver - thanks for letting us know about the Holiday!!

Omg that is the ONE tasting I wanted to do - I’ve done it before on the Magic and loved it !! I hope they offer more tastings on the ship

Sign up is NOW closed - I will be sending out your groups today! So exciting ! We are getting so close !!

After doing some research, it looks like Vancouer's fireworks that weekend are more likely on the Friday, as part of the Cloverdale Rodeo.

If you're looking for recommendations in Vancouver I'm happy to put together a list of my favorite places in a bit. We go up there a couple times a year since we live in Seattle (easy getaway).

Looking around in the depths of the internet, I found Hawaii specific meals from the last time they did this trip. It doesn't have a lot of info about where/when they were offered. Think they'll do them again this time? Think they'll do any other special things for Hawaii? Would love to see a Lilo and Stitch something or other as my husband and I are HUGE Stitch fans. I mean, he proposed with a 3 ft. Stitch plushie...

(had to break the links as it said it was too spammy)
disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/aloha-hawaii-dinner-menu/
disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/hawaii-e-komo-mai-dinner-menu/
disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/hawaii-makahiki-dinner-menu/

Thank you for posting the menus - OMG I'm so hungry just reading them! I want one of everything and ALL the deserts!! They all sound so good! I sure hope we have them or something just like that!! As long as it isn't Spam I am good to go!! I hate that stuff and I hear it is very popular in Hawaii!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter