Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

I’m a little late to this thread since I have signed up on the Facebook Group instead but my husband and I will be on this cruise. Very excited! We love Hawaii, Disney, and Disney cruising.
Su-Lynn and Steve

Welcome to all the new people 🎉

I forgot we will be in port on Victoria Day but we fly home that day and will get home at 10:31 pm . Well the airport and another hour home. Lots of time zones .

Finally have everything set now. Last thing he did today was the transportation from Aulani to the port. Getting so excited now !

Best of all ......my jury duty was cancelled for Tuesday and I’m excused now , I can stop worrying about them not letting me go on this trip. I told them I had a conflict and told me I still needed to show up for my summons.

We booked our flight home today as well. I wasn’t sure when we will be off the ship, so I booked the 10am flight instead of 8am. We are flying from the helipad next to the ship, so we only have to be there 30 minutes before our flight. (They don’t have security or anything, just check your bags and walk on. So efficient!)

I still have to book taxis from home to the airport and back from the helipad, but we cannot do that until a month before. I am super excited to try the new Tesla taxi service in town.

I also have to book surfboard rentals in Kauai... almost there!

I'm from the vancouver area also, if anyone has any Vancouver questions!

Is the Aquarium worth the price of admission, any museums worth visiting? Any absolute must do's on Victoria's Day? Best places to eat that aren't too expensive? We are 2 adults, planned on doing a lot of walking around downtown and exploring.

IGT $4492 seems like a steal for this cruise if you don't mind inside rooms. If we weren't already booked/PIF I would jump on that.

We finally have all our bookings made. We are staying in Richmond 1 day when we get back to BC. There will be a circus in town so we booked at the four points sheraton which is across the street from the circus. We also pre bought out circus tickets. It is also one the the hotels that Ace charters does daily cruise ship pick ups and drop offs from so we booked them too. Travelling with a 3 year old and 4 year old and all our luggage there was no way i was going to attempt the skytrain

Is the Aquarium worth the price of admission, any museums worth visiting? Any absolute must do's on Victoria's Day? Best places to eat that aren't too expensive? We are 2 adults, planned on doing a lot of walking around downtown and exploring.
I'm from Victoria, but spent plenty of time in Vancouver. We're not a fan of the aquarium, but many people are. I highly recommend Stanley Park (green space with walking trails) and WildPlay Elements Park (a high ropes obstacle course in Maple Ridge). We also enjoy the Bloedel aviary at Queen Elizabeth Park. Granville Island is another great place to visit, and you can get Dole Whip there, if you need to extend your Disney fix. Hmm... what else, the Beaty Biodiversity Museum is different and interesting. Grouse Mountain is a nice hike. We found the Capilano Suspension Bridge just okay, not that exciting, but the glass walkway and some of the exhibits are good, just not worth the high entrance fee for us (despite the entrance fee being an annual pas for BC residents.)

A great resource, though a bit cumbersome to navigate: https://www.tourismvancouver.com/

I'm from Victoria, but spent plenty of time in Vancouver. We're not a fan of the aquarium, but many people are. I highly recommend Stanley Park (green space with walking trails) and WildPlay Elements Park (a high ropes obstacle course in Maple Ridge). We also enjoy the Bloedel aviary at Queen Elizabeth Park. Granville Island is another great place to visit, and you can get Dole Whip there, if you need to extend your Disney fix. Hmm... what else, the Beaty Biodiversity Museum is different and interesting. Grouse Mountain is a nice hike. We found the Capilano Suspension Bridge just okay, not that exciting, but the glass walkway and some of the exhibits are good, just not worth the high entrance fee for us (despite the entrance fee being an annual pas for BC residents.)

A great resource, though a bit cumbersome to navigate: https://www.tourismvancouver.com/
Thank you for the tips!

Thank you for the Tips - Is the Bridge worth going to??
"Worth" is such a personal word; I cannot determine that for anyone. If you're looking for something outside, with a little cultural education (there's a small outdoor exhibit area), sure. We thought it was okay, but nothing we cannot do closer to home, other than the glass walkway. We have free suspension bridges in similar parks near our house; though none quite as long. The glass walkway is really neat, so I would go back for that if friends wanted to go, but wouldn't go back just the two of us -- BUT we live here and go hiking in similar forests every week! I wouldn't go if you were afraid of heights or had vertigo: the bridge and the glass walkway may be too high up for some people. It's not very physically demanding, just a walk.

The Capilano Suspension Bridge makes for an easy nature activity, and a nicely combines with Grouse Mountain and Stanley Park.

I am SO EXCITED!!! Stalking the Disney Cruise Site has PAID off - I was able to snag a Port Adventure I wanted - SESE-SATIONAL KAUAI!!!! It appears someone cancelled two spots and I was ever so lucky to be checking at the right time and got them!!!!!!!!!!!! I did like my 2nd choice but am happy I got this one!!!!! Now if I could get a Tasting and Palo Brunch I might just explode with excitement!!!!!!

Yes we will be hoping to get a tasting on board too. Most times didn’t work for us . I go but really don’t drink much...my husband gets all the ones I don’t like...lol with the right people it if really fun.

I need to get in my closet to see what fits, I will probably have to go shopping. I’m down 45 lbs over the last year and a half . Last summer I could still fit my shorts with a belt, not now I don’t think. But my mind set is still seeing myself as big .

Good thing there are a lot of stairs on the ship to make up for the food I will be eating...lol

FYI - Disney Cruise Website is having issues this morning if you are trying to use it and are having problems - I have called them and they are aware of the problems and are working on them.

Omg to whom ever cancelled Maui &Goodies Thank You!! Stalking paid off again!! Just happened to check and then check again and it was open and I snagged it!! Thank you very much !!! I so wanted this one !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!