Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

Good Afternoon Fellow Cruise Peeps!
I am looking for a liaison - a person that would be a go between Facebook and the Disboard - This way the Peeps on the Disboard who don't do Facebook could be included in everything and kept up to date. I will be happy to post items on this thread - I just need to know what they are as I am one of the peeps who do not do Facebook. I feel we are all one big cruise and think this will help bridge the gap. Please let me know if you would like to do this.
Happy Planning!
I sent you a PM

Sig
Would you like me to list your anniversary on our roll call? We seem to be getting a theme going! I Wonder (pun intended) if it is the location?
I’m a little too early for my 36 yr as it is at the end of Dec.

As @WDWEPCOT requested, some crossover news from the Facebook group: it looks like a regional recipe exchange FEE is a popular idea, with plenty of support. There is also someone making amazing cruise graphics and customising them to anyone who asks. The main one is an anchor with a Mickey head on top, file din with a hibiscus flower print, a small DCL logo, and 2020 on it.

I have done a recipe exchange and it was a lot of fun. I would be interested in doing one - Does anyone want to do one or do we want to try and join the other group? Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!

In case anyone has not done a recipe exchange before - you have groups just like you do with Fish Extender - you do a recipe from your area where you live or a family favorite and exchange them just like you would your fish extender gifts.
The last one I did we did recipes from our area and gave background info about it.

We also did a candy exchange doing the same thing. Candy made in your area with background info. That was a lot a fun too. Small groups so you didn’t get a ton of candy - somehow we still did!!

A local candy exchange would be fun on a Hallowe'en cruise. Unfortunately, I have life-threatening food allergies, so I'd have to skip that group, if one develops. (There was talk of a candy exchange on the FB group as well.)

Postcard exchanges are fun, too.

We could of course make you a non candy item (something fun) so you could participate- safe and fun!! Think it over - I can think of all kinds of fun things we could substitute instead of candy

I just don’t want you to be left out if you would like to do it - there are ways around it - I’m sure others would agree.

A postcard exchange would be fun - I would like to do one if others on the dis are interested.

To recap
We have a few ideas for things to do - if we are interested in doing these I can start a list on the First page of this thread - please let me know - if we do start a group my thoughts are to keep groups small around 10 but with the option that you could join multiple groups if you wish. This way you control how many peeps you exchange with.

These groups will be DIS peeps only:

Recipe Exchange

Postcard Exchange

Candy Exchange

Fish Exchange (already Listed -just mentioning again)

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm very excited for the cruise, only 566 days to go! My best friend and I are joining from the Vancouver area, excited to only have to catch one flight and cruise slowly home in style. This will be my second Disney cruise and the first for my best friend. We're trying to make a night at Aulani happen before the cruise starts but we'll see if the budget allows. I've previously been to Maui for my sister's wedding a number of years ago but am excited to see more of the islands. I'm on board for the exchanges, specially like the post card idea!

Welcome!! So glad you have joined. I will add you to our roll call and set up a postcard exchange!
Are you interested in doing the fish exchange?
So far we have not had much response in recipe exchange but I for one would like to do it. So if you are in I believe that would make 3 so far and I could start a list for that one.
No one has shown interest in a candy exchange so we may be holding on that one. It is still a wee bit early.
Please let me know and I will update and start list on all the exchanges.

I’m very excited to go on the cruise - I have not been to Hawai’i and I am looking forward to learning all about the islands. I plan on posting some information about each of our ports on our first page.
We also are so lucky to have a couple of Hawaii experts on this cruise. Please be sure to check the thread Hawai’i questions bring them on - which I have on the first page of this thread. Lots of information on that thread. I am still trying to figure out where to stay. I may do a couple days in town to see things and then do Aluani on points. I really want to see Aulani and may not get another chance an6time soon so I want to grab it while I can. Taking time from my job is ok but nit so much for dh. Still got to figure all this out.
So nice you only have to book one flight. Vancouver is a lovely city and I do want to spend a couple of days there post cruise. We didn’t get to see much when we went to Alaska so I would like to see it this time. Plan on using my southwest points for gift certificates to stay at the fairmont waterfront which we stayed at for Alaska. It’s a beautiful hotel.
Kind of funny but not my poor dog was sick last weekand ruined an area rug so I purchased a new one - since I have a dog and 2 cats I don’t buy top of the line if you know what I mean - then the dog was due for check up at vet and he needs surgery for a cyst- all total it’s close to $1,000 and I am thinking wow all those southwest points for my vacation I need to thank my dog!! I don’t think my dh views it the same ha ha - it is what it is, funny thing I cleaned the rug - dh made it iut like the rug was beyond repair - it’s fine - so now I have a rug for the spare room. I wanted to replace that rug anyway. See that dog is on the same page as me!!
Anyway- let me know what you would like to join and I will get the lust going!!

Welcome!! So glad you have joined. I will add you to our roll call and set up a postcard exchange!
I’m very excited to go on the cruise - I have not been to Hawai’i and I am looking forward to learning all about the islands.

Us too. Not sure how I'm going to be able to wait 566 days. I may have to go a little early. ;)

This is the cruise we were waiting for.

Are you interested in doing the fish exchange?
So far we have not had much response in recipe exchange but I for one would like to do it. So if you are in I believe that would make 3 so far and I could start a list for that one.
No one has shown interest in a candy exchange so we may be holding on that one. It is still a wee bit early.
Please let me know and I will update and start list on all the exchanges.

I'm in for all the exchanges! Sorry to hear about your dog, but yay for the points! I hope you'll enjoy Vancouver, the fairmont are always lovely. It's always funny to talk to people who are coming to your own city on vacation, we take it for granted and think why would anyone come here?

Welcome Everyone!
I have updated our Roll Call and added Peeps to the Exchanges.
Happy Planning!

Good Evening My Fellow Cruise Peeps!
How is everyone’s planning coming along? I have been gathering a bunch of information that I will be sharing as soon as I get it organized. I hope to start that process by this week- end. I have so much to learn about Hawaii.
Please feel free to share that it what this thread is for - to get to know each other and plan together .
Have a Great Evening !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter