Hawaii Summer 2012, Fantasy March 2013

HappyontheLake

Five cruises down, fingers crossed for Jan 2022
My name is Carla, I am the mother of 4 Disney crazy kids (who came by it honestly) and I have two definitive reasons to lose some weight/inches. We are going to Hawaii for two weeks July/August 2012 (Kauai and the Big Island) and on the Fantasy March 2013.

I am 43 years old, 5'10" and while in pretty good health, could stand to lose at least 25 pounds.

My blood pressure is borderline, but cholesterol and glucose are in perfect range.

To get started on this goal, I joined KOKO FitClub today. In fact, I am our local franchise's member #1!

My goal is to go at least 4 times a week, preferably 5 times a week -- 6 times if I can do it. I will also be eating healthy, cutting out all those bad carbs (pretty easy for me since I have celiac disease so most of those bad carbs are already out of my diet).

So here it goes!

KoKo points today -- 1364/1500

Strength test was good but hard. Going back tomorrow!

Goal is to get at least 25000 points this month (that will require 20 days of cardio and strength with at least 1250 points -- very very doable!).

Personal reward is a pedicure every 10,000 points!

Long term goal -- 250,000 points by the time we leave for Hawaii! Need to make that ticker!

Didn't get to work out this weekend (but does hunting Saturday morning count, I got a great management buck -- it was pretty hard work dragging that deer up out of the ravine and onto the truck rack). I got home, fell asleep, and when I woke up felt like a truck ran over me. Turns out I spent the weekend curled up with fever and now my 13yo is curled up in bed with a fever. Feel OK now, will go work out after my meeting at school.

Make that two sick kids (the other two are on notice).

I finally made it to Koko tonight ... only did strength training, did not have the energy for cardio. 944 Koko points ... updated the ticker, also updated the weight ticker. Down 4 lbs from last Monday.

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::cheer2:

4 kids home today, 2 will definitely go to school tomorrow, doctor told me to keep 13yo home for the 4th day in a row tomorrow. DS 16, who knows (chronic nerve pain in the back, school is hard).

Managed to get to KOKO tonight (missed yesterday -- see above) earned 960/1000 points doing strength. Will definitely have to add back in cardio tomorrow -- I finally feel 100%.

New total updated below! I feel that pedicure coming my way!

Only 2 kids home today, but had the window repair guys here all day keeping me from working out.

Will get there tomorrow in the morning, and Saturday, possibly Sunday!

I need to get to 10K points to earn my pedicure!

So I have the exercise part of the weight loss journey down, now to work on the eating.

DH eats Paleo -- and doing just that has lost 25 pounds in 2 months. I try to eat Paleo but have not been as committed. Well that is changing tomorrow!

I will also be reporting on my Paleo diet here -- keeping me honest.

Dropped oldest daughter off to watch school play and then went to KOKO

Did Cardio and Strength tonight. 500 points on cardio, 976 on Strength.

1476 points more!

So far so good on the Paleo eating today.

Went to Koko today, cardio and strength. 500 points from Cardio -- 956 from Strength.

WooHoo!

Last week I did KOKO MWF. This week I am going 5 days (while kids are in school). Figured out what time to go so I finish just in time to get in the "car line" at the elementary school. Perfect plan!

500 Cardio, 956 Strength (yes the same as yesterday -- cracked me up).

So, Monday & Tuesday down -- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday to go.

Migraine derailed working out yesterday, today I am determined to work out regardless of what time I have to do it.

Off to the elementary school now to supervise cookie dough distribution (fall fundraiser).

Hi Carla
Great job on your workouts and way to go to your husband.What is a Paleo diet? I am like you I would like to get back in shape for an upcoming trip.Cruise on the Dream 2012 w my DD for a grad present.

Keep up the great work.

Linda

Still going to Koko and loving it! I also got a fitbit to keep track of my walking and stair climbing. I am pushing myself to do at least 7500 steps a day and 15 flights of stairs in addition to my workout at Koko.

The paleo/primal diet is basically meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruits. No grains, no processed sugar (you can have small amounts of honey, agave syrup), and no dairy.

Marks Daily Apple site is the best primer on how to do it.

Got derailed in December due to excessive travel followed by the flu. But since January 1st I have worked out three times last week, and Monday Tuesday so far this week. Going again today and every day through Saturday. Sunday is a recovery day.

5 workouts to first goal of 25K points, 22 workouts to second goal of 50K points.

To hit my big goal of 250K points by the time we leave for Hawaii I will either have to do 6 sessions a week every week, or add in extra cardio sessions some days.

I WILL DO IT!!!!!!!

We have taken the entire family soda free, next week another "not good for you" food item will be taken out of the diet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter