Hawaii Tourism Not Starting Up Until Late Summer

I wouldn't expect definitive anything. Hawaii has been changing things as they move along.

I wonder I wonder if there will be a definitive answer soon as to the 9/1 stop of quarantine if you have a negative test.

We should get the answer in Tuesday’s press conference.

Even if tourism opens up (which it won’t), why would anyone come? Beaches, hiking trails, and all parks are closed through early September. Further lockdowns on Oahu are imminent.

Ugh, we moved our April trip to November which took quite a bit of work because the VRBO host was unwilling to work with us to cancel, only to reschedule, and even then she wasn't warm and fuzzy about it. It left a bad taste in my mouth and the idea of pushing it out again (and having to have further dealings with the owner) is sad and stressful. Plus the longer this goes the more I worry about what happens if they sell/foreclose before we are actually allowed to show up there. I mean how long can these AirBnB hosts survive on little to no rental income :confused:

Ugh, we moved our April trip to November which took quite a bit of work because the VRBO host was unwilling to work with us to cancel, only to reschedule, and even then she wasn't warm and fuzzy about it. It left a bad taste in my mouth and the idea of pushing it out again (and having to have further dealings with the owner) is sad and stressful. Plus the longer this goes the more I worry about what happens if they sell/foreclose before we are actually allowed to show up there. I mean how long can these AirBnB hosts survive on little to no rental income :confused:

I think there’s a provision protecting you in this case.

yes, our AirBnB host was inflexible for our Aug cancellation. It stinks for sure.

I can see this getting moved to November, then to December, then to January...So disappointing as they had a good plan for reopening then reneged on it. No one is going to feel safe booking travel there for a long time. I'm booked for June & am worried.
I wonder if this will have an impact on Aulani direct and resale sales. It seems CA and HI are just not interested in opening anytime soon.

It seems CA and HI are just not interested in opening anytime soon.
California can get away with it because tourism isn't the bedrock of its economy. You have to wonder what Hawaii's leaders are thinking, how they expect this to somehow be non-catastrophic to the state's econony.

I'd like thoughts on vacationing in Hawaii in April. I have a one month sabbatical starting mid April and would love to spend it in Hawaii. If you care to share your opinion and thoughts I'm happy to read them. 🏝

We should get the answer in Tuesday’s press conference.

Even if tourism opens up (which it won’t), why would anyone come? Beaches, hiking trails, and all parks are closed through early September. Further lockdowns on Oahu are imminent.

Cancelled my October trip for that reason. Another time. I could see it coming, so no tears. DVC was wonderful and returned my banked points to their original use year. I'm hoping to make lemonade out of lemons and splurge a little on larger digs when I take my niece to Disney World next June.

We are hoping to go in the May/June time frame 2021. We've been 5 times now and really, really want to get back.

I wonder if this will have an impact on Aulani direct and resale sales. It seems CA and HI are just not interested in opening anytime soon.

i don’t think it’s that they aren’t interested in opening up right now. They are subject to local government. I know that Hawaii heavily relies on tourism, but I completely understand their government officials reluctance in opening it up. I have a trip to the Aulani scheduled for the first week in October with points I rented through David’s Vacation Rental. It looks like I won’t know for certain until mid September what will happen with that trip. We aren’t going regardless, but I just hope that I can get a credit if the Aulani is still closed.

Great setbacks were part of Hawaii’s old history (late 1800s, 1946 strike etc), and here they’re keeping the legacy fresh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter