Hawaiian Airlines Carry-on Baggage

kcormier

Earning My Ears
I usually check my baggage when I fly, but it will cost $100 round trip for us on Hawaiian, and that is a lot of money if you ask me. I am considering trying to pack everything we need in 2 carry-ons instead, but Hawaiian restricts to 25 lbs carry-ons. Do they really weigh them? What are others experience with carry-ons on Hawaiian Airlines??

In August 2012 we flew Hawaiian to Oahu/Aulani, we checked one larger suitcase and paid the fee, and then had two rolling carry ons. I don't recall them weighing the carry ons, but perhaps that is something new... or I have just forgotten.

We loved Hawaiian Airlines, it was the first time we had flown with them and they were great!

I flew in March of 2012, we checked 4 bags and carried on 2. At that time they didn't weigh them (just through security like normal then to the gate). They did however go around to personally ask everyone to gate check their carry ons (which can be common nowadays). I felt bad saying no but our wedding stuff (inc my dress) was in there and I didn't want to part with them.

Things could've changed though regarding weighing bags since then! My last Hawaii flight was on Alaska not hawaiian.

We flew Hawaiian Airlines between Honolulu and Kauai last week and no, they didn't weigh the carry-ons. We checked 2 bags (it was only $17 for the first bag each) and carried on one rollerboard plus our backpacks and camera. Loved the service and the POG juice they served onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter