• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hawaiian pixie dust

dachsie

DIS Veteran
So this isn't completely related to Aulani except that it is part of my trip to Aulani - its just the Big Island part of the trip. I was kinda excited and wanted to share it with someone and since y'all are helping me plan, I wanted to tell you.

It started on Monday getting the plane ticket for the trip. Th first part of the trip is in Waikoloa for a conference. So we were getting a flight from Austin to Kona then Honolulu to Austin coming back. Had to book it thru the work travel agent. The first person I talked to about it last week said we would have to get an American flight that was cheaper but got us in later than we wanted. When I called Monday, the lady I talked to let me book the United flight I wanted! Then when I went to give her my credit card she said it wasn't needed as it was put on the work credit card. Awesome!!

Then she proceeded to tell me I had to book the hotel thru them also and needed to send her the link so they could book it. Well we had already booked at the Waikoloa Beach Marriot where the conference was at the conference rate. They proceeded to try to book and said there was no more conference rates available - that it would be $409/nite. I asked if they could just use our current reservation and they said no - made no sense. They also found the Ocean Tower at Hilton Grand Vacation for $219 - well that was less expensive than the conference rate of $259. So we said book it. (Eventually all this money comes out of my continuing education budget.). Then I looked at the property we are booked at - its way better than the Marriott - its the Hilton Waikoloa Village with its 10 restaurants, 62 acres of property, boat ride, monorail, multiple pools, dolphin quest, own snorkeling lagoon and Buddha's point for whale watching, etc. Holy cow - did we score right on that one!! And again - they prepaid it so we don't have to fork over the money at the time!

So I will be a two fantastic resorts in Hawaii come January. Am so excited!!

Last edited:
Wow, that is awesome! The Hilton Waikoloa is quite an incredible property, it has these gorgeous boats to get around on and even its own little monorail. We love the Waikoloa area, we were married just behind the Marriott on the Anaehoomalu Bay.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter