HDDR / Mickey's Backyard BBQ / Trail's End??

MrsAlexis

Mouseketeer
We are arriving on a Saturday and won't be attending any parks. Currently have reservation at Hoop Dee Doo Revue and didn't think twice about anything else....but now I am curious about Mickey's BBQ? There aren't any reservations available, but I have RF submitted on TouringPlans. I also recently heard about doing dinner at Trail's End and doing the singalong campfire after. Any thoughts or suggestions on any of these? We don't have a dining plan, FWIW. It will be me, DH, and DS(almost)4.

My kids prefer Mickey's BBQ to HDDR ...you get to get out of your seats and dance at the BBQ and the kids have a lot of fun with that.

I would agree that Backyard BBQ is way better for kids under ten. My son adored it, and all the adults did too! The trick roper is amazing! And my son loved dancing with all the characters. HDDR is also great, but I think a lot of the jokes and lyrics would go too fast for a little kid to process.

I would also keep in mind that Mickey's Backyard BBQ is outside while HDDR is indoors.

It will be hot, hot, hot outdoors. We went in August 3 years ago and arrive tomorrow for our 2nd August trip.

We did HDDR last time and have a reservation for the last night of this trip as well. The respite from the heat was more than welcome.

My kids were 7, 4 and 2 last time and, as PP stated, some of the jokes went over their heads. But the food was good and they do get the kids involved with washboards and such at the end of the show.

Both include beer, wine and sangria for the adults. So that part's a wash, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!