He Just Came For The Food: A March 2018 Dining Report *update 9/22 S. Hollow/GF Cafe

That line is insane!!!! So smart to use the movie ordering and hoping for our sake the masses don't catch onto it.
Me too, but I do hope they add more QS restaurants to the list of places you can do this at.

Too funny I had glanced down and saw this photo and was wondering what in the heck Artist Point was serving these days o_O
Didn't you hear? It's Artist Point Buffeteria now. You choose your plates and pay a certain price based on number, hence the flags in each plate. The better tasting the food is the more $$ you pay :P

Is it weird that I'm a few hundred miles away and I'm jealous that I couldn't enter my meatballs :P
Um, no problem! I'll send you next years' date as soon as I have it and you can enter. Stay overnight and the next day, Casey and I will go shopping ;)

Aww love that you could share some 'insider' knowledge with them, especially on their first day!
I was just so freakin' happy with my decision to mobile order I had to tell someone lol, because my family wasn't thanking me enough!

We had fun talking to strangers at Geyser Point on our last trip. I think there is something really relaxing about sitting outdoors with a view of Bay Lake. We've met the nicest people there. :)
We went down a couple more times during the trip and did the same thing, started talking to other guests. It's so relaxing down there and so pretty! I love it; just one more reason WL is my fave :love:

Well I’m glad you tried the Cascadia Sangria! I thought for sure you’d love it bc you love Sangria but that's ok. I’m sure I’ll try some other offerings this trip so I’ll try the blueberry one you got and compare! I mean, research, right??
I really wanted to love it! And it's not like I wouldn't get it again, I just wasn't WOW'd. I didn't even like the blueberry lemonade as much as the black cherry but I did prefer it over the Cascadia. Definitely do a taste test for yourself next month lol.

I’m envious! I need a Dis meet with both of you one of these days!
For sure!

I've wanted to try this. I love everything about it, but I'm not big on sweets in the morning.
I believe they serve them all day, so just try one for (huge) snack!

I think we might try Columbia Harbour House the next time we are at Magic Kingdom for lunch. I've never been, but the food sounds good there. I love tuna sandwiches that would probably be my go-to sandwich.
You should, it's very popular and I rarely see any negative reviews. It's different, as in the offerings are different-in a good way :) The only thing any of us has ever gotten there and not liked was the shrimp mac and cheese, otherwise we've tried quite a few dishes and loved them all. Plus it's pretty big inside with the upstairs so it's rare to not find a seat.

Mobile ordering is so great! We used it at CHH in February!
Isn't it convenient? Especially on very busy days!

One of the biggest regrets of my life (okay, okay, just my Disney life :laughing:) was not getting one of these during our last trip :sad:
lol! I always seem to miss some food item when I'm there. And there are a few that I've only had once and mean to have again, but keep forgetting those, also. Too many good things!
THIS IS ME! I don't eat any kind of seafood. And the thought of fish makes me :sick: but I'll eat tuna salad no problem. To me, it tastes like chicken salad :confused3. I fully admit this is completely insane :rotfl2:
Right? I WANT to like seafood because in theory, lots of seafood dishes I see on restaurant menus SOUND good. Like, if it was chicken instead of fish :laughing: When I was little we ate at my grandparents every Sunday and besides pasta we always had fish and I just remember the fish smell ruining the smell of my grandmother's gravy! I tried a few times to like seafood but never did, and then I had an unfortunate experience on Christmas Eve once when my Aunt ground up a squid in a chocolate milkshake for me and told me as I chugged it down :faint: So that kind of turned me off for good. But canned tuna? Ok lol! Like you said, with the mayo and spices mixed in it's good!

The Black Cherry Lemonade was my favorite for years. When we were there last May, I went to Hurricane Hanna's to order one from one of our favorite bartenders, Tom, only to be informed that it had been removed from the menu and he offered the Blueberry Lemonade. While I like blueberries, I didn't find this drink to come close to the loveliness of the Black Cherry Lemonade. Tom let me know that they still had most of the ingredients and he made me the Black Cherry--not as great as before, but it worked.
We've had a couple experiences where a dessert had been taken off a menu at a TS; we've told our server we were sad it was no longer there and they've said "hold on a minute", and come out with one :goodvibes And other times when they say, "yeah, lots of people miss it". So I think it depends on the server/bartender. I did ask and was just given the, "yeah, sorry, no longer on the menu". And I agree, while I really enjoyed the blueberry lemonade I would have freely given them up for the black cherry!

Looks good! I'm following.
Thank you and :welcome:

Rude! I feel like they could make that for you or at least have the decency not to tempt you with it on the online menu. Actually once they told us "oh they sent us the wrong menus, you can just look at the QS menu on the wall or you can look the menu up in your phone"... I think that experience is coming up on my DR. It was bizarre but still delicious!

Okay now i feel like FOR SURE they could have made you a black cherry lemonade since they clearly have the vodka and the lemonade :confused3
You know what else was weird? We ate dinner there a couple nights but they only give you the "late night snack" menu on the table. So the first time, we asked if they had the bigger menu because we 1. were familiar with it and 2. saw that the people at the table near us had it. Our server said, "oh yeah, you can order from that one, too". Then the second night we ate there, same thing! And neither night was super late like 10:00 or anything. But I agree they should have been able to make me one, my guess is the bartender didn't want to.

Couldn't get the photos to quote but how cute are you four?! Love the top @Jenny Sanders!
Thank you!

Those are our favorite too :D we are having them at the wedding! We asked R's aunt to make them for us.
That's all you need then! Wedding complete :goodvibes

My ADRS are this Saturday, and I need some inspiration. Bring it on!
I hope you get everything you want! I'm going to try getting my Artist Point review done tomorrow before we leave Saturday for Disney :mickeyjum

The Fruit and Cheese Picnic Platter does look good did you get that at Gaston's?
Yup! I'd never seen it on the menu before.

You and Jenny look so pretty all dressed for dinner
Thank you :hug:

I’m here getting caught up on dining reports as a means to fight off depression on our drive home from WDW...:sad:
I hope you had a great time, I'll be on the lookout for your new dining report :surfweb: I get it though, whenever I don't know when my next trip will be it makes me VERY sad. So, I think you need to plan your next one!

Those crowds sound a little rough, still not sure about the spring break trip next year with a 3 year old.
Plan your next one, but yes maybe not over spring break :laughing:

Yummy, yum! Loads of good choices there. The tuna sandwich looks as it always has. I love that they use the multigrain bread. Great reviews, as always!

It's the exact same sandwich! No idea why they changed the name? Maybe guests honestly didn't understand what it was even though the menu had a descroption? People need stuff spelled out for them :rolleyes:
I guess so... but way to ruin it for the few of us who don't :laughing: ;) At least it's still the same sandwich I suppose :thumbsup2

I'll say one more time before you leave: have a WONDERFUL trip!!! :goodvibes Cannot wait to hear all about it!

Right? I WANT to like seafood because in theory, lots of seafood dishes I see on restaurant menus SOUND good. Like, if it was chicken instead of fish :laughing: When I was little we ate at my grandparents every Sunday and besides pasta we always had fish and I just remember the fish smell ruining the smell of my grandmother's gravy! I tried a few times to like seafood but never did, and then I had an unfortunate experience on Christmas Eve once when my Aunt ground up a squid in a chocolate milkshake for me and told me as I chugged it down :faint: So that kind of turned me off for good. But canned tuna? Ok lol! Like you said, with the mayo and spices mixed in it's good!

:eek: SQUID IN A CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE?! WHAT THE?! WHYYYY?!

Oh, those traumatic childhood experiences...THOSE are what ruined seafood for me too. My parents used to fry an entire whole fish (scales and head and all!) and then set on the dining room table as they dug in. The smell. And crispy fish eyeballs...need I say more? :scared1: Also, once, my mom forced me to eat a fish stick. So moral of the story, it's always the mom's fault. I wonder what food I've ruined for my kiddo? :scratchin :laughing:

I believe there was :scratchin Ricky doesn't really like ham so he wouldn't have gone for it. I thought this sounded really good but......
It was good but def not a must have item... I still miss the days of pork shanks...

I did ask, and got a very quick, "yeah, we don't have it anymore" :sad2: I think it probably depends on the server/bartender?
Probably...

It looks like we might be up your way Saturday June 9th! Let me know if you will be around.

But I agree they should have been able to make me one, my guess is the bartender didn't want to.

They seem to still be working out some issues but YOU WILL NOT DETER ME FROM LOVING YOU, Geyser Point! :rotfl:

I have had trouble getting them to understand in the past when I order the huckleberry vodka with lemonade that I don't want the huckleberry punch. Which I find so odd because my lovely mother will sidle up to any ol' bar and ask what types of flavored vodkas they have and order her preference with lemonade and she has nary an issue! Whatever, looks like you found a suitable alternative to drink the "no cherry lemonade" blues away!!! :thumbsup2

As much as I miss them being small I'm happy they're at this stage now; makes it easier in many ways. They're happier knowing they can opt out if we want to stay in a park longer or sleep in and in turn that makes Steve and I happier to not drag around grumpy kids. Honestly Ricky mostly chooses to stick with us; this trip was a bit of an exception just due to his surgery last Nov. and his leg acting up. But Chris is a totally different story lol and everyone is happier if he decides he rather be in the room, to let him be in the room!

Your last sentence reminded me of my family when I was growing up. I have three sisters and one of them was a bit of a rebel when she hit her teen years. My parents would force her to attend all family functions and she would make everyone miserable because she was not happy about being there. I wished my parents just left her at home. There was one family trip that did not include this sister, she was in a summer college program, and it was the best trip our family ever took. ;)

Hi again, Ariane! We got back from our WDW trip 9 days ago, :sad:, and I've just started catching up on dining reports again! I'm going to have to try to make time to read your trip report, too! We had an amazing time, 3 nights at Boulder Ridge, then 5 nights at BWV. The weather was perfect, the food was great (all except for one horrid dinner at Tratorria al Forno, and i'm so mad I didn't try Il Mulino like I wanted to after reading all your rave reviews!), and Harry ran his 2nd Disney half marathon. We never did get to Beaches and Cream, but did get over to Tom Sawyer Island, which we also hadn't done in years! I'm still contemplating doing a dining report!

Hi everyone! Checking in quick from our room in the totally awesome 80's section of Pop. I started my Artist Point review before we left but didn't get to finish it, so it's on the top of my TO DO list for when we get back Tuesday night! Hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll be back soon to respond and do that review :goodvibes:goodvibes

Enjoy your last night and day at Disney! Cannot wait to read all about it!

PS - we really need to stop missing each other by less than a week :sad2: One of these trips we'll get it right! ;)

I stayed at Pop (first time) in January and was really pleasantly surprised, like I would go back in a heart beat surprised! Those new rooms are fantastic, IMO, so spacious, with tons of storage! Of course I was solo!

ARTIST POINT
Here I am, back from our quick trip and ready to do my AP update!
When we finally dragged ourselves away from Jenny and Joe and made it to Artist Point almost 30 minutes late, the kids were next to hangry. We dealt with that by getting these:

IMG_8280.JPG

No surprise here, that's my Moscato. And another no surprise is Steve's Moscow Mule:

IMG_8281.JPG

Both were great, as they should be. Steve and I were excited about this meal because it was a new signature for us and we love doing the signatures and for the most part, so do the boys. They were just excited when the bread finally came:

IMG_8274.JPG

We all dug in to the warm, soft, some type of mult-grain carbs placed before us along with the Disney sea-salt topped butter. Delicious! Not the most amazing bread I've had on property (that distinction still goes to Citricos Kalamata olive bread) but still very good.
The restaurant itself was quiet at this point. They open at 5 and it was 6, and only a few families were there with us. However as we moved towards our apps it began to fill up which was nice because it made it more......pleasant. OK, that was a dumb sentence. Anyway I prefer there to be a decent amount of other diners in a restaurant when we're there, I feel weird when it's close to empty. That's it.

On to apps!
One of the main reasons I wanted to eat here had to do with one of the apps:

Smoked Mushroom Bisque
Chicory Pistou, Sunflower Seed, Salsify:

IMG_8278.JPG

I first had this a couple years ago when Steve and I ate late at night at Territory Lounge. If any of you remember my very first dining report, "But I Don't Eat Peas and Mushrooms", you know I DON'T eat mushrooms! But so many people here raved about this soup, I had to try it and was so glad I did. It was as good in March as I remembered. The mushroom taste isn't overpowering which works for me, but I assume it's there enough for mushroom lovers since it's so popular. You definitely get the "smoky" flavor; this soup is also very, very creamy yet not filling which I feel is hard to accomplish. The salsify.....stuff to me doesn't have any particular taste so if you're worried about that, don't be. I'm sorry my description isn't any better, the only other thing I can say is TRY THIS whether you hate mushrooms or not. I'm looking at you Kari @kastoney :P

Chris had his eye on an app also. He'd seen me order this before at other restaurants and wanted one of his own:

Artisanal Cheeses:
Handcrafted Breads and Seasonal Accompainments

IMG_8279.JPG

And since I wasn't really able to read well enough at the time to write these down:

IMG_8275.JPG

His favorites were the Point Reyes and the Tome, and also the Smoky Mushroom Bisque. Yup that's right, I had to give up the last like, 5 spoonfuls of my soup and I was NOT happy. I almost ordered another bowl but knew I'd be too full for my entree. Back to the cheese, I always enjoy getting the cheese plates at the signatures even though there's usually one or two I don't like. The "accompainments" are good and I love how they pair them so well with the cheeses. Chris was funny, trying them all out with the different cheeses.

Steve shared the cheese plate with Chris and also shared Ricky's app which was the

Steamed Mussels:
Tomato Broth, Kalamatas, Huile d' Olive, Artisan Bread

IMG_8277.JPG

Once again, some of you may be familiar with Ricky's mussel love. When he first began enjoying these a few years ago, he got them at 5 different restaurants on a Disney trip and rated them. Before this dinner, Restaurant Marrakesh held the #1 spot, but I'm happy to report the Artist Point mussels have taken the top spot and moved Marrakesh to #2. These were the perfect size, which for Ricky means not too big. Also not too chewy AND, every single one was open.

We were very happy with our appetizers and looking forward to our entrees! Another positive was the spacing between apps and entrees. After a sufficient food rest period our entrees made their way to our table. Beginning with Ricky:

Half Roast Chicken:
New Potatoes, Lardons, Grain Mustard, Roasted Cabbage, Spring Greens, Jus

IMG_8282.JPG

This SO does't look like something Ricky would eat, and honestly when he ordered it he figured what the heck, he'd give it a try since nothing else on the menu thrilled him.
He LOVED it. He ate every bite of the chicken and the potatoes. Greens may have been left but that's ok. He also would have preferred the chicken not to be on the bone but it didn't stop him from enjoying dinner.
In case he didn't like his entree, he ordered this side as well

Macaroni & Cheese
Cheshire Pork Confit

IMG_8287.JPG

Because he ended up happy with his dinner he didn't eat that much of this before he got full, we helped him. This was even better than it looks. I'm not a mac and cheese person but had to try this and I just wish I'd had room to eat it all!

Speaking of not having room, this is why:

7-oz Filet Mignon
Choice of House Side

IMG_8283.JPG

You'll see as a side I got mashed potatoes. Now close your eyes and look at this picture again; close them one more time, and look again, because myself, Steve, and Chris all got the filet with mashed potatoes. We've had our share of excellent filets at signatures and this was right up there as one of the best as were the potatoes, which were second only to Citricos. I honestly have trouble rating all the filets because other than a couple not so perfect ones at non-signatures, mine have always been wonderful. These did not disappoint!

I have a couple more pics from dinner to share but I'm at my limit, so AP dinner is continued in the next post.

continued from last post

Along with his entree Steve ordered a House Side:

Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Fermented Bean Vinaigrette

IMG_8286.JPG

They look grotesque don't they? Steve said they were awesome but no way was I trying something that looked like that :laughing: Chris attempted and declined to try anymore. But regardless they made it on to the "delicious" list with everything else.

We were all completely full from our fabulous dinner and as we ate we unanimously agreed we'd be back. We also agreed we were too full for dessert (gasp!!), until our server brought the menu. Chris then decided he needed to get something:

Cobbler
Seasonal Berries, Forest Berry Ice Cream

IMG_8288.JPG

I honestly cannot remember exactly what kind of cobbler this was; something purple and not overly sweet. We all tried it and it was heavenly. Normally I'm only an apple cobbler eater but had to force myself to only have a few spoonfuls of this, I felt disgustingly full! I did get a cappuccino but failed to take a picture; complimented my cascadia sangria's, blueberry lemonades and couple glasses of Moscato well ;)

As you now know, Artist Point was a win for us. It used to be that it was always raved about here; lately I've seen mixed reviews but it's still on our list for a future trip. The service was fine, not as good as other signatures but certainly nothing to complain about.

If you're reading my TR the next picture will be old news for you but since it's technically food, I'm repeating. The boys returned to the room immediately while Steve and I walked around a bit. We then made a short stop back to the room before watching HEA from the boat dock. While there, a CM delivered this to our room:

IMG_8289.JPG

A beautiful, generous and much appreciated surprise from @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe! The basket was filled with candy and goodies we all enjoyed. So one more time Jenny, thank you :hug::hug:

On our way back from watching HEA we made a quick stop in Roaring Fork. Ricky requested a brownie he'd had his eye on and since I technically didn't have my own dessert I picked up another one of my loves, pictured here in the background with the brownie:

IMG_8292.JPG

Mmmmmm.....Ricky said the brownie was great and while I only ate part of my bar that night, there's no other way to end an evening at the Wilderness Lodge

Before I sign off I want to write quick about one of our dinners on our trip last week. I'm not doing a while report on it, I barely took pictures at all. It was so short and I really wanted to just enjoy. However we ate dinner again at Citricos and our experience was so amazing (again) I have to talk about it!
When we dine at Citricos we always request to sit in our favorite server's section: Rony. We had him our first time there and the experience was the best of any we'd had in Disney, at any signature, we were blown away. So we asked for him after that. He's remembered us very time and normally gives us complimentary champagne :drinking1Everything about him is wonderful. Unfortunately when we dined there with Kari @kastoney and her family last Nov. we couldn't sit in his section and it was very disappointing. Of course we had an awesome time with awesome friends, but it would have been much better service and meal wise if Rony was with us!

We had dinner there last Saturday and again asked for Rony's section at check in. The hostess informed us Rony was visiting his family in Peru. She then went to speak with the manager who came back and told us we'd be in Christine's section, and she felt Christine would take great care of us and being used to Rony, we wouldn't be disappointed.

Well, we weren't. And we told Christine we'd tell Rony she's giving him a run for her money. Both of them are totally knowledgeable about everything on the menu and really describe the dishes in detail to you; Christine was telling us how the Bordelaisse sauce they put on the filet is cooked for 3 days because that's when they feel they've achieved the desired taste. She also told us about the pastry chef there; he's been there 30 years and brought his great-grandmother's dough recipe over from Hungary. She had a party of 10 in the private wine tasting room celebrating a 40th anniversary but her attention to us was never lacking, and yes, we DID get our complimentary champagne :drinking1

The food as always was incredible, I even had a crab salad dish as an app and I DON'T EAT SEAFOOD! I loved it!! When we left, Steve spoke with the GM again to praise Christine. The GM gave us her card with her email and told us that in the future, we can email her when we'll be dining there and she'll be sure to put us in either Rony or Christine's section. Again I'm sorry for no photos and tons of wording but had to share our most recent wonderful experience there!

Finally, here are some pictures of my stepson and his girlfriend from this trip. They'd only met for the first time on Sat. the 5th after communicating over the phone and through social media for 8 months; needless to say they hit it off great:

IMG_8810.JPG

IMG_8869.JPG

IMG_8870.JPG

IMG_8875.JPG

IMG_8877.JPG

I'm guessing he may be traveling down with us in August!

It looks like we might be up your way Saturday June 9th! Let me know if you will be around.
I should be around :cheer2: Chris has a game in Fishkill at 11:30 but right now that's it, so keep me updated!!

They seem to still be working out some issues but YOU WILL NOT DETER ME FROM LOVING YOU, Geyser Point! :rotfl:
I'm in for the long haul, through the good and the bad :laughing:

Your last sentence reminded me of my family when I was growing up. I have three sisters and one of them was a bit of a rebel when she hit her teen years. My parents would force her to attend all family functions and she would make everyone miserable because she was not happy about being there. I wished my parents just left her at home. There was one family trip that did not include this sister, she was in a summer college program, and it was the best trip our family ever took. ;)
That was my sister, and I really don't understand how I got a child like her :rotfl2: If we went to restaurant that wasn't her choice, she'd look at the menu for all of 2 seconds, throw it on the table and declare with her arms crossed, "Welp, I'm not eating anything." This whether she was 10 or 19. Or 25! My dad had no problem telling her to fill up on bread while the rest of us ate........................................

Hi again, Ariane! We got back from our WDW trip 9 days ago, :sad:, and I've just started catching up on dining reports again!
:wave: I know it's been longer for you now but I hope you had a great trip!!

all except for one horrid dinner at Tratorria al Forno, and i'm so mad I didn't try Il Mulino like I wanted to after reading all your rave reviews!)
We ate at Trattoria once, about 3 years ago. It wasn't anything memorable enough to bring us back but you HAVE to try Il Mulino on your next trip,you won't regret it!!!

I'm still contemplating doing a dining report!
I promise I'll be on the lookout!

img_8877-jpg.321826

Awww that's adorable! I hope this means more Disney trips! I love the step sister pictures with the guys. So funny!

Your AP dinner looked delicious. I really need to get my hands on a magic bar soon.

hey open at 5 and it was 6, and only a few families were there with us. However as we moved towards our apps it began to fill up which was nice because it made it more......pleasant. OK, that was a dumb sentence. Anyway I prefer there to be a decent amount of other diners in a restaurant when we're there, I feel weird when it's close to empty. That's it.
I know what you mean. We usually do the 5:05 seating of Wispering Canyon and the place starts off empty since they are just filling the place up. And there is just something strange about an empty restaurant.

And since I wasn't really able to read well enough at the time to write these down:
Ha. Did you have any notes like @kastoney?

Macaroni & Cheese
Cheshire Pork Confit

img_8287-jpg.321695
I want to try this place just for this... It looks really good!

She had a party of 10 in the private wine tasting room celebrating a 40th anniversary but her attention to us was never lacking, and yes, we DID get our complimentary champagne :drinking1
Wonder if he has a list of notes somewhere with all of his "regulars" I want to put one signature on our list next time I think. Maybe I will put Citricos on the list....

Finally, here are some pictures of my stepson and his girlfriend from this trip. They'd only met for the first time on Sat. the 5th after communicating over the phone and through social media for 8 months; needless to say they hit it off great:

img_8810-jpg.321822
He must really like her!
I love this photo! I am so glad you finally made it to 1900 Park Fare! Maybe she will be more of a regular on some of your trips, and you can get some other "girly" things in.
I should be around :cheer2: Chris has a game in Fishkill at 11:30 but right now that's it, so keep me updated!!
I will send you a message via facebook.

img_8274-jpg.321644

We all dug in to the warm, soft, some type of mult-grain carbs placed before us along with the Disney sea-salt topped butter. Delicious! Not the most amazing bread I've had on property (that distinction still goes to Citricos Kalamata olive bread) but still very good.
Not sure I'd be a fan of multi-grain. They used to have really good sourdough bread. For a Pacific Northwest restaurant, I'm surprised they changed it.

img_8278-jpg.321654

I first had this a couple years ago when Steve and I ate late at night at Territory Lounge. If any of you remember my very first dining report, "But I Don't Eat Peas and Mushrooms", you know I DON'T eat mushrooms! But so many people here raved about this soup, I had to try it and was so glad I did. It was as good in March as I remembered. The mushroom taste isn't overpowering which works for me, but I assume it's there enough for mushroom lovers since it's so popular. You definitely get the "smoky" flavor; this soup is also very, very creamy yet not filling which I feel is hard to accomplish. The salsify.....stuff to me doesn't have any particular taste so if you're worried about that, don't be. I'm sorry my description isn't any better, the only other thing I can say is TRY THIS whether you hate mushrooms or not. I'm looking at you Kari @kastoney :P
All I can say is when pigs fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overpowering or not if it tastes anything remotely like a mushroom, you can keep it. I'm a mushroom hating purist! When I was a kid I even knew when my Mom made something with cream of mushroom soup in it because I could detect the taste.

Now this is right up my alley. That looks gorgeous. We were out in Sonoma a few years ago an went to the Cowgirl Creamery plant where they make the Point Reyes and all their cheeses. It was so cool to see them make it right in front of you. It ended up being the perfect day because after that we stopped and got fresh mussels right out of the ocean. Your boys would have been in heaven!

img_8287-jpg.321695

Because he ended up happy with his dinner he didn't eat that much of this before he got full, we helped him. This was even better than it looks. I'm not a mac and cheese person but had to try this and I just wish I'd had room to eat it all!
Yum, this looks so good. I don't think I've ever seen a Mac n Cheese with pork combo.

img_8283-jpg.321694

You'll see as a side I got mashed potatoes. Now close your eyes and look at this picture again; close them one more time, and look again, because myself, Steve, and Chris all got the filet with mashed potatoes
Dear lord it took me about 5 minutes to figure out the eye closing thing. I kept thinking if you looked ate the picture the right way you saw the Messiah or something. Come to think of it the leek does look a little like a halo o_O

img_8286-jpg.321813

They look grotesque don't they? Steve said they were awesome but no way was I trying something that looked like that :laughing: Chris attempted and declined to try anymore. But regardless they made it on to the "delicious" list with everything else.
They most certainly do not. They look amazing!!!!! With brussels sprouts the burnter the better!

img_8288-jpg.321814

I honestly cannot remember exactly what kind of cobbler this was; something purple and not overly sweet. We all tried it and it was heavenly.
Oh, my favorite!!!!

As you now know, Artist Point was a win for us. It used to be that it was always raved about here; lately I've seen mixed reviews but it's still on our list for a future trip. The service was fine, not as good as other signatures but certainly nothing to complain about.
You so have me ready to go back! Hoping we can finally get the military rate at the lodge next year if someone wants to let me know when they release the rates :-)

Unfortunately when we dined there with Kari @kastoney and her family last Nov. we couldn't sit in his section and it was very disappointing. Of course we had an awesome time with awesome friends, but it would have been much better service and meal wise if Rony was with us!
Even Rony can't beat eating with me :P

I'm guessing he may be traveling down with us in August!
Good, we have a babysitter :-)

We dealt with that by getting these
Getting those helps cure any type of hanger - whether it's your own or someone else's :laughing:

Steve said they were awesome but no way was I trying something that looked like that :laughing:
:rotfl2:

A beautiful, generous and much appreciated surprise from @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe!
So very sweet of them! :goodvibes

needless to say they hit it off great:
Ooooh, I am SO excited to hear this! I was hoping that'd be the case. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter