He Said No to a Disney Honeymoon!

eiblehs

Expedition Everest Enthusiast
My fiancé said “no” to a honeymoon in Walt Disney World. :eek: Should I call off the marriage? (That’s a joke!) :rotfl:

We’ve gone to WDW together as a couple two years in a row. He actually proposed this past summer at Be Our Guest in MK. :lovestruc But he said we couldn’t go back next year for our honeymoon. He gave me the option that we *could* go to WDW for our honeymoon but it’d have to be after Galaxy’s Edge opened. That’s just too far out for my impatient self. While we do plan on going to WDW after it opens, we opted for a cruise in 2019 for our honeymoon instead. Not a Disney Cruise... Yowza they’re expensive! (My fiancé is paying for the honeymoon so he gets the final say.)

So it looks like I won’t get to visit my home again until 2020. Anyone else ever have a spouse who objects to a WDW trip? How do you manage? Marriage is all about compromise, and boy am I learning that early on. :rotfl2:I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to wait!

When I was on my major WDW kick and my husband was not interested, I just went on solo trips. Now he's interested but I'm over it, so, since I do all the travel planning, we never go! :rotfl:

When I was on my major WDW kick and my husband was not interested, I just went on solo trips. Now he's interested but I'm over it, so, since I do all the travel planning, we never go! :rotfl:

Oh no! How long have you been uninterested? I hope that changes for you one day. Everyone needs some Disney magic. I have considered solo trips in the past when he wouldn’t go with me; he would eventually cave. Lol

Thanks!

If it helps, I used to really enjoy my solo trips. You get to do whatever you want, whenever you want! It costs (almost) half as much! And everyone is so friendly that you never feel odd or out of place dining alone.

I'd be in trouble if my Fiance didn't like Disney since we are getting married there lol. Is your cruise of out Port Canaveral? You could try and persuade him to do a a day or two before the cruise. You could go to Magic Kingdom and relive your awesome engagement memories

I would wait a honeymoon doesn't need to be right after. Me and my husband had to wait a year to go on ours at wdw. Also if it would make him happy I would wait galaxys edge will be amazing and worth it if planned correct. Also you will want the time to plan. 180 for dining and 60 for fast passes.

Planning always helped me with being impatient. But either way enjoy your honeymoon!!

I'd be in trouble if my Fiance didn't like Disney since we are getting married there lol. Is your cruise of out Port Canaveral? You could try and persuade him to do a a day or two before the cruise. You could go to Magic Kingdom and relive your awesome engagement memories

I wish that was our port! Our port is in Galveston because it's the closest to where we live. (Even though it's still nearly 9 hours away! Lol!) I'm jealous that you're getting married in Disney! That would be dream. :lovestruc Congrats!

I would wait a honeymoon doesn't need to be right after. Me and my husband had to wait a year to go on ours at wdw. Also if it would make him happy I would wait galaxys edge will be amazing and worth it if planned correct. Also you will want the time to plan. 180 for dining and 60 for fast passes.

Planning always helped me with being impatient. But either way enjoy your honeymoon!!

We are actually waiting a few months after our wedding before we leave for our cruise. I had to do this for my job, but I'm glad to have the break to breathe and get things in order before sailing away. Thank you for the suggestion! We will definitely be back in WDW in 2020 to see Galaxy's Edge. I just hate having to go all of 2019 without a trip to WDW, but I have to compromise. Lol! I already have ideas in mind now for plans... :lovestruc

I wish that was our port! Our port is in Galveston because it's the closest to where we live. (Even though it's still nearly 9 hours away! Lol!) I'm jealous that you're getting married in Disney! That would be dream. :lovestruc Congrats!
Thanks! It is my dream wedding I'm really excited. Ya Galveston is a bit far from Disney so hard to combine the trips. I think planning a Disney trip farther out after your cruise can still be classified as a honeymoon. I'm having three lol and the last one is 6 months after my wedding.

I would find a cruise that went out of port canaveral so that maybe you could do 1-2 nights at WDW or wait up to a year after the wedding to save for a Disney cruise. I think the Disney cruise would be a true compromise for both of you and in my opinion it would be worth the wait!

I would find a cruise that went out of port canaveral so that maybe you could do 1-2 nights at WDW or wait up to a year after the wedding to save for a Disney cruise. I think the Disney cruise would be a true compromise for both of you and in my opinion it would be worth the wait!

That’s a great suggestion! Unfortunately, Port Canaveral is too far of a drive from where we live. And 1-2 nights in WDW isn’t enough for me!! I need at least a week! Lol! A Disney cruise seems more of a vacation for a family rather than a couple. Maybe one day! Not a bad idea!

That’s a great suggestion! Unfortunately, Port Canaveral is too far of a drive from where we live. And 1-2 nights in WDW isn’t enough for me!! I need at least a week! Lol! A Disney cruise seems more of a vacation for a family rather than a couple. Maybe one day! Not a bad idea!

That makes sense...As a side note, we honeymooned on DCL as a couple and absolutely loved it! Didn't see kids much because of all the adult areas and the service, food, and Disney touches were fantastic :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter