HEA Dessert Party with Plaza Garden View - 2 Questions

CanuckGirl78

Mouseketeer
We are a party of four (2 adults, 5yo son, 2yo daughter). I just saw a party of 3 for the HEA Dessert Party for Dec 20 and snagged it as I heard crowds are going to be horrible as it's a non-party night.

Question 1: You only have to pay for people over the age of 3, and as my DD is 2yo and is free, could we get by with a party of 3 reservation? Or should I cancel because they won't let her in?

Question 2: if we can keep it, is it worth it? It'll be $150 that I can save and do something else with but I heard the crowds on non-party nights are insane and people can get trampled, so I thought it might safer to do this.

I need to make a decision quickly as my last day to cancel without penalty would be tomorrow.
Thanks!

If you want to see HEA and not be packed in like a sardine I suggest keeping it. Main St. was insanely packed the Tuesday before Thanksgiving while we lounged on the grass in the dessert party area. There's a great thread with a lot of reviews on the theme parks board.

I can't answer the first question :(

Thanks! I have been reading that thread and all the while i kept refreshing the Disney website, and lo and behold, a party of 4 for the party came up, so I snagged that to avoid having to deal with any issues. So it looks like my question #1 isn't necessary anymore!

I think I will keep the reservation but not tell my DH :) I hate having to pay so much, but with my DD being free, it comes out to ~$38 per person, which isn't bad for guaranteed seating/standing room and not having to wait for 2 hours elbow-to-elbow with other people and the potential for getting trampled.

I would call disney and ask, they may be able to add her to the reservation... I'm not sure you can make a reservation for 1 for a 2 year old.

When we went first week of December last year, the crowds on Wednesday were crazy. like 35 minute wait on the fast pass line for peter pan crazy, can't move between attractions crazy. We ended up abandoning the whole mess and going back to the room at the Poly (I was very tired too)

I think the fireworks party is a great idea, you're going to need a break from the crowds!

If you are going to be in MK on Dec. 20 and want to see HEA, I highly recommend keeping the party. We actually originally had that exact same party and date booked, but I decided I didn't want to deal with the crowds in MK at all that day, so we switched our day to DHS. If we had kept it as an MK day, I would have either kept the party or left the park altogether before the fireworks. Yes, expect huge crowds and a mass, crowded exodus after the show. I would recommend hanging out in the garden a little bit after it's over to avoid the mob.

Thanks! I have been reading that thread and all the while i kept refreshing the Disney website, and lo and behold, a party of 4 for the party came up, so I snagged that to avoid having to deal with any issues. So it looks like my question #1 isn't necessary anymore!

I think I will keep the reservation but not tell my DH :) I hate having to pay so much, but with my DD being free, it comes out to ~$38 per person, which isn't bad for guaranteed seating/standing room and not having to wait for 2 hours elbow-to-elbow with other people and the potential for getting trampled.

So when you booked and put the ages of the children, they didnt charge for the 2 year old?

IMHO, with younger kiddos it’s worth it for the flexibility for the bathrooms alone! Inevitably one of mine always needs to go 5 minutes before the show - that could mean a small disaster without the reserved viewing! There are bathrooms not far from the Plaza Garden viewing area, so it’s a breeze to quickly deal with those situations when/if they arise.

All four of us did the Plaza Garden one night this summer when DD was still 2. Enjoy those fleeting moments when they’re still ‘free’ - now all of mine are 3+ and on the Disney payroll! :sad:

So when you booked and put the ages of the children, they didnt charge for the 2 year old?
That’s correct. I found I couldn’t modify the reservation (to move it from a 3-person party to four), no could I create a 1-person reservation when the system knew it would be for a 2yo. But when I finally found a 4-person reservation, the cost was the same as the 3-person party as my daughter was free.

If we had kept it as an MK day, I would have either kept the party or left the park altogether before the fireworks. Yes, expect huge crowds and a mass, crowded exodus after the show. I would recommend hanging out in the garden a little bit after it's over to avoid the mob.
Yeah, before I booked this I had to mentally accept the possibility we might just have to watch the fireworks from tomorrowland or leave the park all together if the crowds got crazy. And yes, definitely waiting a while before we leave. We might just stay to see OUAT or if there are any rides with low waiting time, do one more before calling it a night.

IMHO, with younger kiddos it’s worth it for the flexibility for the bathrooms alone! Inevitably one of mine always needs to go 5 minutes before the show - that could mean a small disaster without the reserved viewing! There are bathrooms not far from the Plaza Garden viewing area, so it’s a breeze to quickly deal with those situations when/if they arise.
Lol, then this is definitely worth it as we are potty training our 2yo! I’m going to be the bad mom and put her in pull-ups so I don’t have to stress about accidents, but my game plan is to take her to every washroom we see!

Enjoy those fleeting moments when they’re still ‘free’ - now all of mine are 3+ and on the Disney payroll! :sad:
. We will!! It’s one of the main reasons we’re going now! I’m just hoping she can ride SDMT (she’s just on the border if 38” with her shoes on) - she’s already a thrill seeker unlike my son, & I know is going to lose it if she finds she can’t go on!

Lol, then this is definitely worth it as we are potty training our 2yo! I’m going to be the bad mom and put her in pull-ups so I don’t have to stress about accidents, but my game plan is to take her to every washroom we see!

. We will!! It’s one of the main reasons we’re going now! I’m just hoping she can ride SDMT (she’s just on the border if 38” with her shoes on) - she’s already a thrill seeker unlike my son, & I know is going to lose it if she finds she can’t go on!

Yep, we were doing the same thing over the summer.... potty training and such. We didn't really want to put her in a diaper during the day but did take one with us the night we did the dessert party (didn't end up using it though). Not going to lie, it was a struggle around WDW... but we laughed and trucked on. DD did really well with it actually.

My DD is a hair tall enough to ride 7DMT, so we got in a ride or two during our July trip with her. Such fun. Priceless ride pics and videos at that age, especially her first ride!

When we went back in October and I now had to pay for her park tickets, party tickets, etc - it put a whole new perspective on these up-charge events for us!!! 2 was so much better!

All four of us did the Plaza Garden one night this summer when DD was still 2. Enjoy those fleeting moments when they’re still ‘free’ - now all of mine are 3+ and on the Disney payroll! :sad:

Omg, this is hysterical and something I never thought of! You are SO right!!! If I now had to rank the perks of the dessert party (desserts, prime viewing and bathroom availability), I would say bathrooms and viewing are vying for the #1 spot!

My DD is a hair tall enough to ride 7DMT, so we got in a ride or two during our July trip with her. Such fun. Priceless ride pics and videos at that age, especially her first ride!
The first time I read this, I thought you said your DD's hair was tall enough so she was able to ride 7DMT :laughing:

So glad to hear the potty training still worked even at WDW...maybe I'll try keeping her in her underwear and hope for the best!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter