Heard the best kept Disney Secret?

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
Received a flyer from DVC with a freephone number that will transfer us to the States to get some more information.
Don't know if I dare ;)

Cyrano said:
Not sure I could resist the temptation :)

But aren't you the man who doesn't open his Secret Santa present until Christmas Day!?! ;)

Reid - I am probably going to be the only person here to say this.......

But I would wait. Visit Florida, see if you like it ( :rotfl: :rotfl: ) and what you make of WDW in comparison to DLP.

It is just my opinion - but it is a heck of a financial commitment to make when you have not yet visited WDW.

I bought my DVC sight unseen but that was after several trips to WDW itself - I am not sure I would have wanted to do so otherwise.

And you know if you ask for info you are only going to want to buy :teeth:

You know, considering it's the best kept Disney secret, it's advertised on loads of enormous road signs and flyers everywhere! If that's the best secret keeping they can manage, I'm not trusting them with any of mine!!!

Karen makes a very good point. I don't know how long your planning to make your WDW trip, or if you've got any ideas of where you want to stay? It might be worth considering renting some DVC accomodation for a few nights at the beginning or end of your holiday - just to see what you think!!

Bexx said:
. I don't know how long your planning to make your WDW trip, or if you've got any ideas of where you want to stay? It might be worth considering renting some DVC accomodation for a few nights at the beginning or end of your holiday - just to see what you think!!

That is a great idea Becky!

I got this through my door and so did my 72 year old parents. I asked them to phone it up because I wanted the DVD and as I am already a member didn't think they would send it. My dad was on the phone to them for ages. They never asked his age and are going to send him the DVD so I am looking forward to seeing it as we have 10 months to go until our next trip.

I was wondering how many people will buy from this advertising campaign?

Susan

As most of you will know I'm a huge DVC fan, indeed it's one of the main reasons I wanted to come to live and work in the USA, but I would agree it requires a huge leap of faith to buy into without ever having visited Orlando. I think both Miffy and Becky offer some sound advice.

As a by the way, I just starting work for the DVC area last week and will finish training in a couiple of weeks. Keep an eye out for me on the DVC info booths around the parks and resorts in the new year :D

vernon said:
As a by the way, I just starting work for the DVC area last week and will finish training in a couiple of weeks. Keep an eye out for me on the DVC info booths around the parks and resorts in the new year :D

How exciting Vernon!! Are you enjoying it? I would have thought it would be very interesting seeing DVC from the other side!!!

Is that your first trip to WDW ? We brought into DVC on our first trip :) One of our most expensive souvenirs ;)

Have been to DLP a number of times but this will be the first trip to the World :)

Bexx Said
How exciting Vernon!! Are you enjoying it? I would have thought it would be very interesting seeing DVC from the other side!!!
I'm having a lot of fun, learning a lot about DVC. I'm not sure I'd agree that it's "seeing DVC from the other side" as my new role will be to explain some of the benefits of DVC, show people what they could do with the project and invite them to take the "open house" tour. Other than actually arranging the appointment for them, it's pretty much what I've been doing on this website ( and not getting paid for) over the last 7-8 years.

It is very exciting though, looks like my first day will be Christmas day itself and I'm really looking forward to getting onto the DVC info booths and start working properly.

Anyone that's visiting after Xmas and would like to say hi do drop me an email and I'll let you know which locations I'll be at while you're here. I'd love to have a few DISers come and say hi and have a quick chat. Hopefully I'll be able to keep you up to date with the latest Disney events/news/plans.

We nearly did it in October and statrted regretting it on the flight home! :confused3
They were also were offering 'free' points! arghhhhhhhh oh for a bit of hindsight :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter