Heather and Jim's 2015 WDW Wedding

Thank you! And I have figured out how I can post pictures so I will post more. You should check out Carrie's book on disney weddings and honeymoons

Oh my, I haven't written in sooooooooooo long! We are in the middle of wedding planning process. Let's see, we had our site visit, picked out our venues and signed our contract! We booked our photographer, officiant and hair and make up. We had our engagement shoot, sent out save our dates and set up our website. Oh my what else I feel like I am leaving things out. We asked our matron of honor and best man. My DF two teenage girls still do not like the idea of us getting married :-( I hope they come around, I want them in the wedding as bridesmaids but they said they don't know if they even coming to the wedding. OH, we have our theme.... Retro Disney! I am so excited. OMG how could I forget this one, I found My Dress!!! I will have post pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have our planning session in Nov, so we are in the middle of getting planning kit filled out and get ideas and pictures together.... More to come

Can't wait to hear more about some of the details you've decided on!! So many decisions to make!

Blending families is hard, especially with older children it seems like. Teenage girls can be weird about their parents remarrying, especially if their parents were married up until recently or the person they are trying to marry does not respect them in the way they feel is appropriate (what a nightmare for future step-parents to try and figure out). My mom re-married when I was 16 and I wanted nothing to do with that wedding. I do not like my step-dad (labeling him a jerk is just the tip of the iceberg. He would call me the dark cloud that ruined his day), and I was ultimately guilted into participating in that wedding. It was an awful day and I was miserable the entire time. I really wish it was made my decision to participate in whatever capacity I was comfortable with and I had the support of my parents and step-dad in whatever choice I made.

While I have no idea why your DF's daughters are taking the stance they are, from my own experience, you will probably get more of their involvement and enthusiasm in the day if you let them participate in a way they feel comfortable and don't try and pressure them into doing something they don't want to. A few little things my mom did, like let me pick out whatever I wanted for my nails, at least kept me from being downright hostile and sullen on her wedding day.

Good luck to you and your DF! I hope they come around and share in your joy at your wedding! I mean, it's Disney. How can you not love a Disney wedding?? :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter