Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Nearly a month since the last update again.

I have managed to run every day since June 7th, and tracked over 100 miles during that time. 62 days remain in my 500 mile California Coast challenge. Roughly 400 miles to get to the finish line for me. I hope to at least get 300 miles total.

Outside of that I am still vlogging weekly.

Still waiting to hear more on whatever may be happening with Wine and Dine. Expecting that to be canceled at this point though. Marathon Weekend after that and hoping for the best there.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and getting through this one day at a time!

Another month has passed and a lot has happened in that month.

First, I am on Day 60 of my run streak! I have hit 222 miles with that in my California Coast Challenge. I will definitely will hit 250 miles, 400 is the current goal, 500 is probably out of reach. We shall see though.

Second, Wine and Dine cancellation. We knew it was coming. With the way things are going I just take one day at a time because every day is different. There are no right answers, and there are no wrong answers. We all just need to continue trying to be safe and healthy and hopefully races can resume soon. I did contemplate doing the virtual but it was just too much even though I love the medals. I really hope they do villains again.

Third, New York York City Virtual Marathon. July 28th was registration day for the Run for Guaranteed Entry virtual NYC marathon. I had 6 browsers ready to go through my phone, iPad, and computer. After a lot of stressing out and a lot of luck I got in. So, that now means I am in marathon training mode! I have to run my marathon between October 17th and November 1st. I have chosen October 25th as of now which is basically in the middle of that window. After submitting my time for the virtual I get a running buff, medal, and guaranteed entry into either 2021, 2022, or 2023 NYC Marathon!

Fourth, Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. So with the cancellation of Wine and Dine I am planning on running Star Wars in April 2021. We can only hope in person races are happening by then. I am crossing my fingers Dopey can happen in person.

I think that is all for now!

First, I am on Day 60 of my run streak! I have hit 222 miles with that in my California Coast Challenge. I will definitely will hit 250 miles, 400 is the current goal, 500 is probably out of reach. We shall see though.

With your training for the NY virtual starting to ramp up, 500 doesn't sound out of reach. That's only 10 weeks at ~30 miles per week.

With your training for the NY virtual starting to ramp up, 500 doesn't sound out of reach. That's only 10 weeks at ~30 miles per week.
If only I had 10 weeks for that challenge ;)

There are now 31 days left in the CA challenge.

An Update!

We are nearing the end of another month that feels like another year. I am nearing the end of my California Coast 500 virtual challenge as well. As of today I am 294 miles in. I have 13 days to go. I certainly won't reach 500 and probably not even 400. However I think I can get and am aiming for 350. The medals are 100, 250, 400, and 500 so I won't get that 400 medal unless I really pick it up for these last 2 weeks.

In addition to that I am 79 days strong with my running streak! I have run at least 3 miles every single one of those 79 days.

I received my runDisney virtual summer series medals this past week. These are some of the best medals ever! The Haunted Mansion one especially is like anything else I have from runDisney. They are huge medals too. The Space Mountain medal is comparable to my 2019 Dopey or 2019 Wine and Dine half medals which are two of my largest.

I am getting into the heavy training of NYC virtual marathon training at this point. It is nice to have a plan to follow with different types of runs rather than just running with nothing to really run for.

Overall things are going as well as they can be. I start mostly virtual school the first week of September. My coaching season (football) has been canceled with hopes to play in the spring. I have my doubts on that but we shall see. That also presents a potential problem for Star Wars which I signed up for. I guess I haven't mentioned that yet but I have signed up for all of the races as part of Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. It will be my first SW weekend if all goes well.

I hope everyone else is doing well and we hopefully get to the other side of this sooner than later.

We are nearing the end of another month that feels like another year. I am nearing the end of my California Coast 500 virtual challenge as well. As of today I am 294 miles in. I have 13 days to go. I certainly won't reach 500 and probably not even 400. However I think I can get and am aiming for 350. The medals are 100, 250, 400, and 500 so I won't get that 400 medal unless I really pick it up for these last 2 weeks.

106 miles in two weeks would certainly count as picking it up, though if you double your daily run for your streak and add in a long run too, you can do it! :)

Happy September!

This whole pandemic has my sense of time all screwed up. I think some days how is it September already and then other days why is this dragging on so long?

Anyways, onto running.

The California Coast 500 challenge ended up getting extended a week to September 13th as they did a drive to raise money for CA wildfires. This in turn made it pretty easy for me to hit 400 miles. I ended the challenge with 417 miles and a sweet medal. I don't remember how much this challenge cost me but it was well worth it. It kept me motivated and was fun to track.

81650CA3-C129-42AE-8C09-13E02A64CE7A.JPG

Medal is made of wood which is unique. The distances were 100, 250, 400, or 500. You got one medal for which ever distance you reached.

Moving on...

Today was day 101 of running! So yesterday I hit day 100 of consecutive runs of 3 miles or more. I did a cool 3.1 to celebrate with some chalk art.

IMG_0109.jpg

I don't know when I will end but I don't expect myself to reach 200. As I progress into high mileage over the next couple weeks for marathon build up I will probably take a rest day or two.

My next challenge is the Circumpolar Race Around the World. I am doing it with a group from a podcast I listen to and some friends. Our team is roughly 750 miles through region one. This challenge will take well over a year.

That brings me to NYC Virtual Marathon! We are roughly 6 weeks away from when I plan to run it. This weekend will bring a nice 17-18 mile long run. To celebrate I bought the NYC Goodrs....

IMG_0107.jpg

I love Goodrs.

I am still showcasing my training and running "knowledge" through vlogs. I am enjoying that more than I thought I would.

That is all for now!

I read your post last night and was happy to learn you had started a vlog! I wish I knew earlier: I've been starved for runDisney content. I got on YouTube this morning, subscribed and started watching you while I had my coffee and Wheaties. Nice job I'm looking forward to keep watching!

I read your post last night and was happy to learn you had started a vlog! I wish I knew earlier: I've been starved for runDisney content. I got on YouTube this morning, subscribed and started watching you while I had my coffee and Wheaties. Nice job I'm looking forward to keep watching!
Thanks! Obviously not a ton of runDisney content happening right now but its been fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!