Hello-It'sSmee! A July 2020 "It's Good to Be Bad AND Back" TR *Link to new TR 2/21*

I'm just not a costume person! We never used to dress up; the kids did when they were younger. A couple years ago Steve and I did Halloween shirts but that's as dressed up as I get lol. I was forced into the 101 Dalmations by our owner since their were 101 of us there! It was cute but too much matching for me :crazy:

I'm not the type to dress up either but my girls are. We have something planned for our MK day but it's more of a Disney bounding than actual costumes.

It's the 2nd longest foodbridge in the world at 1.28 miles. When you get to the end there are restrooms (yay!) food and drink stands and now a mask stand. It's a great walk with gorgeous views!
That sounds really relaxing to stroll on while chatting with a friend! So beautiful (and yay for bathrooms!) This morning before I hit up E-Learning, I did a 5 mile stroll, just me and Pandora 2000s Rock Radio. It was delightful :)

For those of you who missed that TR here I am with co-workers at that party:
For those who missed all the FUN and EXCITEMENT that is a work trip to Disney!!! :)

I'm embarrassed to say I have no animation attempts to share because I have NEVER done this!!!! I wanted to on our July trip, and even had a FP booked for it before my trip fell apart and was replanned 3 times, but it just didn't happen! #ImNotHoldingGrudgesYouAre

Now I'm off to zoom with my Kindergartners....immediately followed by watching @Jenny Sanders 's vlog!!! I literally cannot wait.

That is so cool!! I have been doing more outdoor exploring around home too.
We walked a few other trails that are part of a bigger "Dutchess County Rail Trail" around here once they opened around May. We've been on certain parts (it's long and goes through lots of towns) but it was neat checking out new areas and being back on the bridge after so long was great!
here are so many unique things that you can only do during this weird time. Of course there is a lot we are all looking forward to having go back to "normal" but those character cavalcades and little Disney magic touches are once in a lifetime I think!
That's very true. It's honestly a really unique time to experience the parks and while I wish this NEVER happened and want it to GO AWAY (who doesn't???) I do feel lucky I'll be able to say I was there when things were they way they are now! I think they're doing a great job keeping things safe and keeping the magic pixiedust:
I finally got my chance in July 2019 when I was at DCA in CA and they had it. I had to do it alone because no one wanted to it with me but that's ok!! Here's mine!
Love it thanks for sharing! That looks great! Too bad nobody wanted to do it, it's so fun. When it was at HS Chris was young and hated it as well because his drawing was never as good as Ricky's (or so he felt) and Ricky would rub it in :rolleyes: Yay for brothers lol
My sister and I ate at Terralina for the first time back in July. We split the bruchetta and the spaghetti bolognese. We went in with no expectations and we LOVED it! We're going back again when we're there in November.
Hi there fellow November traveler! Good to hear another positive review. I have a couple friends who've eaten there in the past year or so and really enjoyed it so we're looking forward to it :goodvibes We love trying new restaurants in Disney!
Was he a bit confused about it?
Ha ha surprisingly no, he's used to it all now between his daughter and I! He even knew which princess it was so we gave him props for that princess:
I Googled photos of it. Pretty! And that's a pretty view!
Yes it's a beautiful area up here especially in fall and you get great views from the bridge! It was a shame all those years it stood there rotting and actually brings people from NJ and CT in now so it's good for the local economy as well.
I have, but don't have any photos to show you.
Well you are forgiven.
I have TONS of our drawings from way back when it was in HS but not pictures of them and would have to dig them out to show here. Some are pretty comical!
w-w-w-w-w-wait!
Finished watching the video.
Just when I thought it was pretty much over.
"W-w-w-w-w-wait."
"What are we waiting for?"
"I want to hear this song."
"There is no song."

:lmao:
Steve suggested we make @Jenny Sanders a shirt that says "w-w-w-w-w-WAIT" for our upcoming trip 😂
The "there is not song" part was a pleasant chuckle for us as well since we weren't with them anymore lol!

Ha ha surprisingly no, he's used to it all now between his daughter and I! He even knew which princess it was so we gave him props for that princess:
Atta boy. :thumbsup2
Yes it's a beautiful area up here especially in fall and you get great views from the bridge! It was a shame all those years it stood there rotting and actually brings people from NJ and CT in now so it's good for the local economy as well.
Win win. It looks like some place I'd like to see in my travels. If I ever get the chance to travel again.
Steve suggested we make @Jenny Sanders a shirt that says "w-w-w-w-w-WAIT" for our upcoming trip 😂
Yes! Do it! Great idea! :laughing:
The "there is not song" part was a pleasant chuckle for us as well since we weren't with them anymore lol!
::yes::

I'm not the type to dress up either but my girls are. We have something planned for our MK day but it's more of a Disney bounding than actual costumes.
Oh that's awesome! I hope you do a TR so we can see!
his morning before I hit up E-Learning, I did a 5 mile stroll, just me and Pandora 2000s Rock Radio. It was delightful :)
WOW, that's better than we did!
'm embarrassed to say I have no animation attempts to share because I have NEVER done this!!!! I wanted to on our July trip, and even had a FP booked for it before my trip fell apart and was replanned 3 times, but it just didn't happen! #ImNotHoldingGrudgesYouAre
Well all the more reason to plan that next trip :hug:
It's easy to forget about with it being out there, I hope if they do any semblance of a Festival of the Arts they do the Animation Academy there as well since they have the last 2 years.
immediately followed by watching @Jenny Sanders 's vlog!!! I literally cannot wait.
Have you watched yet?? I think I saw that you did.............................
Your CG dinner looks like a blast! I would love to visit the Contemporary in general. We haven't ever been inside!
WHAT?? Oh you need to go! Miles would love seeing the monorail run right through the resort :goodvibes:goodvibes
Honestly it isn't our favorite resort to stay at by any means - some LOVE it but we prefer the theming elsewhere - but the shops are really good and it's super neat to be inside. The Mary Blair mural is pretty as well. Make it a must for your next visit!
That video was SO. DANG. FUNNY! It was worth the wait! A Birthday to remember with your BFF! :bday:
:rotfl::rotfl2: I'm glad it kept you entertained LMAO!
Yes it was definitely one to remember and a wonderful night!

Ugh sorry I haven't updated guys, work got busy the last 2 days! Always happens when a personal trip is looming. It's not a bad thing, business is always good to have! Just means less DIS time as I balance work and "getting ready to go to Disney" time :goodvibes

One change to the itinerary I JUST posted Monday is that for Steve's birthday we are now going to Narcoossee's, so happy! Jenny and Joe will still be with us. Reservations opened today; restaurant opens 9/21 so 2 days before we need it! Also heard through the grapevine that Dawa Bar in AK is set to reopen soon
🤞 and if it opens for our trip that means not only a Bloody Mary from Refreshment Port in Epcot, but this!!!

That's the DAWA MARY with a not skimpy piece of candied bacon and is really my favorite Disney Bloody Mary. So today has been a great Disney day!! With that let's move on to our last/last full Disney day in June.

Day 5 Part 1: Who's on first,What's on 2nd, I Don't Know What We're Doing!

After our "fun" with Jenny and Joe celebrating her birthday one final time, we had said good-bye for 2 months and were on our own for the remainder of our trip. We were definitely relaxed today and had decided to make a couple changes. Not surprising for us and it's how we like to roll!

ORIGINAL DAY:
EPCOT-FESTIVAL BOOTHS FOR LUNCH-BREAK LATER IN DAY-RETURN FOR DINNER AT SAN ANGEL

WHAT WE DID:
1. ADDED A TS BREAKFAST TO START!

Where did we go? Someplace we'd had dinner years ago but this was a first for us for breakfast and we only had to walk to the other side of the Boardwalk to get there.

It was a really pretty morning:

You can't really tell but there's a boat getting ready to go out and we *think* it had NBA players on it. It appeared to be leaving from YC which at the time was hosting them and there was a boat with security surrounding the big boat. We tried to gauge the height of the folks getting in the boat but were too far away 🏀

Our reservation which we'd made that morning was for 8:45 and we got there right on time. We checked in from the BW and got our text about 2 minutes later.
The restaurant wasn't busy but had about 4 other tables of guests. It's so pretty inside! The had basically the same menu as they do when it's the Bon Voyage character breakfast but no pastry dish and no cute names to go along with the entrees. Therefore besides Steve's coffee and my diet Coke Steve just got this:

Open-faced Italian Omelet
Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato-Basil Omelet, Sunday Gravy, Breakfast Potatoes, with Bacon or Sausage

Normally this has some Little Mermaid reference in it's name, I think King Triton's something? Oh and he got it without the Sunday Gravy because as much as he loves a good gravy he wasn't feeling it in the AM.
But, he said this was phenomenal! He said it was the best omelette he'd had and all the ingredients were fresh. He also had a little side to go with it:

Because he hadn't had any yet and you aren't allowed to leave Disney without ingesting at least one!

I needed carbs - when do I not - so I got what is usually cooked by and attributed to Rapunzel complete with her mark on top:

Buttermilk Pancakes
Seasonal Compote with Bacon or Sausage

Let me tell you something. These were the buttermilkiest, fluffiest, most delicious pancakes I have had, ever. EVER. Even without said Rapunzel star:

That strawberry compote added not too much sweetness but a wonderful sweetness I appreciated! I usually don't finish a TS breakfast as much as I love breakfast and I did leave a bit of bacon but that stack was history!

We were so happy with our choice to come here for breakfast! Our waitress was great as well and told us how happy she was to be back to work, a theme that ran throughout all CM's we talked to. She also told us that she'd "heard" Big River Grille was not going to reopen due to bankruptcy. Since then I've heard some rumblings but nothing solid so who knows? It'll be a shame if they don't, any business that's had to close due to the pandemic is a negative loss.

We walked back to get ready for our final day at a park. Remember I said Epcot was where today's reservation had been for. Had, because you know how I said today we made some changes........

WHAT WE DID:
2. Went back to MK!

I know you're probably going WHY??? All the ALCOHOL is at EPCOT! #WWJD (What Would Jenny Do)?
😂

Well I'll tell you. We honestly never skip Epcot when it's just the 2 of us and usually go more than once as it's Steve's favorite park. I was interested in the festival booths for sure however we had a whole day ahead of us and other than the festival booths, nothing else we love about Epcot was happening which in a nutshell is the entertainment.

We can take or leave all the rides and our time is often spent eating, drinking. watching entertainment or partaking in other festival offerings. We figured we'd get there and do a few booths; ride a couple rides just because we were there, and then be done and have hours until our San Angel reservation. We'd had pool time and it was supposed to rain again in the afternoon anyway; we'd been to DS twice. What we both really wanted was a final park day where we had THINGS TO DO and unfortunately Epcot wasn't fitting the bill right then.

It's one reason I'm super excited to be starting our trip in Epcot next week! We were happy with our change and did this the night before prior to getting to California Grill and it wasn't an issue getting MK at that late time. Now things are a bit different apparently and I don't know if that will be easy say during Thanksgiving but in July, no problem. Here's what we walked in to around 10am!

How nice it will be if it's like this next week!

Next up more of our last day and a few more characters we missed the first time.

I think we will. We're still working on our Christmas trip and DD just went for Labor Day weekend. Hopefully she gets that started too.
OK so your current TR in your signature is yours and your daughters? I was confused lol! Now I gotta start reading that!

One change to the itinerary I JUST posted Monday is that for Steve's birthday we are now going to Narcoossee's, so happy! Jenny and Joe will still be with us. Reservations opened today; restaurant opens 9/21 so 2 days before we need it! Also heard through the grapevine that Dawa Bar in AK is set to reopen soon 🤞 and if it opens for our trip that means not only a Bloody Mary from Refreshment Port in Epcot, but this!!!
I am soooooo happy about this change as we LOVE Narcoossee's!
Hmm...I wonder where you heard this last tidbit from??? LOL!

We were so happy with our choice to come here for breakfast!
We think it has a great breakfast too.

#WWJD (What Would Jenny Do)? 😂
Umm, go to Epcot and drink around the world. LOL! LOVE the hashtag!!!!

How nice it will be if it's like this next week!
Finger's crossed!!!!

Love this idea......get that Cricut out, Steve!
One change to the itinerary I JUST posted Monday is that for Steve's birthday we are now going to Narcoossee's, so happy! Jenny and Joe will still be with us. Reservations opened today; restaurant opens 9/21 so 2 days before we need it! Also heard through the grapevine that Dawa Bar in AK is set to reopen soon 🤞 and if it opens for our trip that means not only a Bloody Mary from Refreshment Port in Epcot, but this!!!
So exciting!!!! I love Narcoosees.....many yummy meals and great family memories there. :) I know you won't go with my favourite scallops there but maybe Steve or the J's will try them.
Sunday Gravy
What in the world is Sunday Gravy? It must be an American thing.
Let me tell you something. These were the buttermilkiest, fluffiest, most delicious pancakes I have had, ever. EVER. Even without said Rapunzel star:
Those look fabulous!!

The trail over the old railroad bridge looks really nice. I love when they convert old railroad tracks to trails. We have a lot of them in our area, although none of them are as cool as your bridge. :)

In other news we leave for Disney in EIGHT DAYS!!!
I hope you have a great time at Boulder Ridge. We are looking forward to staying at CCV in January. :)
So definitely a return to our room and possibly some pool time - or Geyser Point time?
We are planning to go to Geyser Point for lunch when we are at the YC in October. I've only heard good things about GP lately. :)
Have you done any of the Animation Academies?
They had an Animation Academy at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago during a special Disney exhibit. We drew Goofy and mine was pathetic. Dana does a much better job. We also drew Buzz Lightyear at the Hollywood Studios animation academy. The artist wanted to do Stitch but no one raised their hand when he asked who wanted to do that one. We've never seen Lilo and Stitch so the appeal of that character is totally lost on me. ;)
One change to the itinerary I JUST posted Monday is that for Steve's birthday we are now going to Narcoossee's, so happy!
That is a great change. I know you'll have fun. :)
We can take or leave all the rides and our time is often spent eating, drinking. watching entertainment or partaking in other festival offerings.
That is the way we feel at Epcot, which is why I have it for our arrival day when we are at the YC next month. We'll get lunch there and then back for dinner at Via Napoli. The inability to park hop is a big negative for us, since we usually hop into Epcot just about every day when staying at an Epcot resort.

We really enjoyed the Bon Voyage Breakfast! I have to agree, everything was SO fresh and delicious! I felt like my Grandma because I actually stashed some of the pastries in my purse for later LOL

I am super surprised you picked MK over Epcot, but completely understand your thinking!! And cracked up at #WWJD. I teach in a Catholic school, and now that acronym is forever changed for me!

Hoping Dawa Bar is open for your trip! I'm so happy to hear of so many things re-opening lately!!

We did the Princess Breakfast here in 2017. Loved it!

Open-faced Italian Omelet
Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato-Basil Omelet, Sunday Gravy, Breakfast Potatoes, with Bacon or Sausage

I'm pretty sure this is what I had, also without the gravy. It was really good.

Because he hadn't had any yet and you aren't allowed to leave Disney without ingesting at least one!

It's not a trip to Disney unless I get Mickey waffles at least once.

WHAT WE DID:
2. Went back to MK!

This would be my choice. It's my favorite park and I can never get enough time here.

OK so your current TR in your signature is yours and your daughters? I was confused lol! Now I gotta start reading that!

This is our current report. DD started it but we're both writing on it.

I love a good breakfast.... adding this to the list of possible breakfasts for my next trip.

Also I think Sunday gravy is actually tomato based? Not sure since I avoid anything called gravy (vegetarian).

Ugh sorry I haven't updated guys, work got busy the last 2 days!
That's okay! Life gets in the way. :)
One change to the itinerary I JUST posted Monday is that for Steve's birthday we are now going to Narcoossee's,
Nice! That's someplace I've wanted to go for a while now.
That's the DAWA MARY with a not skimpy piece of candied bacon
Whoa! That looks great!
You can't really tell but there's a boat getting ready to go out and we *think* it had NBA players on it.
Just because you hear dribbling, doesn't mean it's baskeball players. Could just be water falling off the boat.
But, he said this was phenomenal! He said it was the best omelette he'd had and all the ingredients were fresh.
Pretty high praise!
Um... I, uh... um... have never had one.
Let me tell you something. These were the buttermilkiest, fluffiest, most delicious pancakes I have had, ever. EVER.
They look it! They almost look unreal!
She also told us that she'd "heard" Big River Grille was not going to reopen due to bankruptcy. Since then I've heard some rumblings but nothing solid so who knows?
Huh! Really! Doesn't speak well for the food, then, does it?
I know you're probably going WHY??? All the ALCOHOL is at EPCOT! #WWJD (What Would Jenny Do)? 😂
:lmao:

I had a hard time choosing. This was my favorite thing to do at HS and I was so sad when they shut it down. I am so excited to read about it being at AK now! It is on my list for sure!

LOVE your September plans. And now that you mentioned Narcoossees I added it to our trip also as a possibility. We haven't eaten there in YEARS!

Those Hades nachos look and sound delicious. They also might be on my bucket list for the next trip. I am with you on also seeing more calvacades. We really didn't see a lot or when we did we were too far away.

Love this idea......get that Cricut out, Steve!
LOL!
So exciting!!!! I love Narcoosees.....many yummy meals and great family memories there. :) I know you won't go with my favourite scallops there but maybe Steve or the J's will try them.
It's Chris's favorite restaurant! We were waiting and hoping more signatures opened; we'll take this for now!
I want to say Steve has had their scallops before?
What in the world is Sunday Gravy? It must be an American thing.
Ha it's Italian 🇮🇹 Basically what some Italians call "sauce" - gravy - and Sunday because Italians tend(ed) to get together as a family on Sundays. So that explains why Steve absolutely loves Sunday gravy! But he's used to it on pasta and not eggs :goodvibes
I hope you have a great time at Boulder Ridge. We are looking forward to staying at CCV in January. :)
Well you know we love WL; we also loved our one stay at CCV so I have no doubt that even if after this stay we end up preferring to be in the Lodge, we'll enjoy just being there.
They had an Animation Academy at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago during a special Disney exhibit. We drew Goofy and mine was pathetic.
Oh neat! And I'm sure it wasn't pathetic! But sometimes those animators can lose you lol
That is a great change. I know you'll have fun. :)
Just happy another signature opened and that it's one of our faves! We also love Il Mulino but Steve was really hoping for Narcoossee's or Citricos for his birthday.
he inability to park hop is a big negative for us, since we usually hop into Epcot just about every day when staying at an Epcot resort.
It definitely is; other than not enough food options it was really the only other thing we missed in July. We don't usually spend a ton of time in Epcot at once but like you will hop there a couple nights and then an earlier day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter