Help DOD vs. OOO for Sept 17 trip

Disneydreamer926

Earning My Ears
My family of 4 (3 adults 1 child) are heading to DW at the end of Sept. I'm trying to decide if we need to go ahead and purchase DDP or go OOP. We are not planners, and have no reservations as yet. Is it still worth it. 1500 dollars is a lot for a week of food. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Look at menus and see what you may want to eat and if there are reservations available. It really depends on how much your family eats and what they like to eat. We get ddp and it works for us as my dh and ds love to eat, but it is a lot of food and not cheap, so for many it doesn't work out. Also if you do not do a lot of ts or character meals it doesn't always work out price wise. Other people like it cause they can just budget for tips and not worry about the cost of something before ordering it. We are pretty intense planners and not having adrs would be giving me anxiety. :scared: Best part of Disney is there is no wrong way just do what works for your family. Have a great trip!

You will get many opinions none are right or wrong. Personally, we don't use it because it's just not the way we eat. We normally eat at a TS every day but I might get a couple of appetizers instead of meal because I'm not a big meal eater. Both my adult son and I enjoy a refreshing adult beverage or two with a meal, it's not included. There are days when we will just snack all day or share a QS meal or just do whatever. We don't plan ahead and have never had a problem finding an ADR day of, by the way. It isn't about money for us, it's just about how we like to eat. Also, keep in mind you will be there during food and wine at Epcot and chances are at least one of nor more of your meals might come from the booths.

Just as an aside, I just don't like the whole can I trade a QS for this or can I trade 3 snacks for that or can I count a drink as a dessert, issue. Too much thinking for me on vacation and I don't like having to be tied to that.

My family of 4 (3 adults 1 child) are heading to DW at the end of Sept. I'm trying to decide if we need to go ahead and purchase DDP or go OOP. We are not planners, and have no reservations as yet. Is it still worth it. 1500 dollars is a lot for a week of food. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Make any reservations you want FIRST, then come back and tell us where you're eating and how many NIGHTS you are staying. We can help you better with more information.

However, you're less than a month out. You need to decide soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter