Help finding a banshee!!

For the record, what does the interactive banshee do other than open its mouth and roar when you pull its tail?

It will roar when you make it open its mouth. You can make it move its head from side to side, and you can make it "flap" its wings. I think that's all. My son got one when we went during a dvc preview before Pandora opened to the general public.

They have not officially said but I do not believe they will sell them online or on the Shop Parks app

ETA - And they are only sold in Windtraders. Not in any other store in AK, or other store in any other park.

Yes, this. I don't believe you can even go pull one off the shelf and simply buy one...you have to go through the whole "pairing" routine after waiting in line.

Yes, this. I don't believe you can even go pull one off the shelf and simply buy one...you have to go through the whole "pairing" routine after waiting in line.
they are offering a "grab n' go" occasionally inside the same store, because of the long lines for the "pairing", which IMO is why they sell so fast, they come already boxed and people just choose whatever color is available.

Sounds like we got lucky. They had a fair number when we arrived Wednesday morning last week, but we did get there early. We also were able to get a stand. There was no "pairing"...they just asked my son what color he wanted and handed him one already boxed.

I hope you are lucky. We will be there soon and ds too would love to spend his savings on one. We have already had the chat that he might not be lucky...

they are offering a "grab n' go" occasionally inside the same store, because of the long lines for the "pairing", which IMO is why they sell so fast, they come already boxed and people just choose whatever color is available.
Actually, as far as I know, at all times they offer both options, a pairing or off the shelf. We went in the store a few times during opening week, before they sold out and at no time were they requiring you to do the pairing. That was a separate line. You could do that or you could go to the back and pick your color and check out. We did the pairing on opening day. DGD got her photos taken by the Disney media folks during hers, she had her face all painted like a Navi

But even with that, just like when they have MB that are only sold In Store, I don't think they will sell them online. Though I will never say never. Nothing they do surprises me.

Anything??
I am looking this week too! I have a disappointed child that does not understand out of stock. Does anyone know who we can call each morning to see if they are in? Just cannot make myself do animal kingdom rope drop each day for such a small chance of success :(.

I am looking this week too! I have a disappointed child that does not understand out of stock. Does anyone know who we can call each morning to see if they are in? Just cannot make myself do animal kingdom rope drop each day for such a small chance of success :(.
Someone above suggested Concierge at your resort

Does anyone know who we can call each morning to see if they are in?

I don't believe there's anyone you can call, pretty sure the stores have no publicly available phone numbers.

ETA: Ooh AngiTN has a good suggestion I hadn't thought of, def. worth a shot.

But even with that, just like when they have MB that are only sold In Store, I don't think they will sell them online. Though I will never say never. Nothing they do surprises me.
Once they stop being a high-demand item, they might put them online. I could definitely see that happening. Wouldn't be for quite a while yet.

On our last trip to WDW, we were in Epcot on the official opening day of Pandora (we went to Pandora that evening for EMH). We were outside the Land Pavilion when I saw a guy around 30yo with a Banshee on his shoulder. I thought it was Figment - though my kids knew it was a Banshee. (Two days later, both of my daughters had Banshees).

What if you buy it off ebay? Does it not work?

Yeah, it works the same. The pairing is purely ceremonial.

They must have changed it since we went. We were there during a DVC preview, and there probably weren't 200 total people in all of Pandora while we were. No line, no waiting...for anything. I asked if we could simply buy one, and they stated that "paring" with your banshee was required. Probably changed that policy quickly due to demand.

Yeah, it works the same. The pairing is purely ceremonial.

They must have changed it since we went. We were there during a DVC preview, and there probably weren't 200 total people there while we were. No line, no waiting. I asked if we could simply buy one, and they stated that "paring" with your banshee was required. Probably changed that policy quickly due to demand.
hear now they just hand you the box :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter