help me decide on a replacement for a disney springs dinner ressie

mrd7896

Mouseketeer
upon further consideration, i think it would be best if i avoid disney springs altogether for my trip next month. although i love the atmosphere of DS, 95% of the negative reviews i have read is at DS due to the level of crowds, low mask compliance issues, etc.

with that being said, now we need a dinner ressie after our AK day!

is there a resort restaurant that is a must do for you?
although i've been to disney every year/every other year for the past 20 years, we rarely would eat at a resort that was not where we were staying. so i haven't really tried any where!!

if it would help with recommendations, it will just be two adults eating.
love all types of food just want a nice atmosphere and yummy menu. doesn't matter about price if it's truly worth it.

You could try Tiffins in AK, they have ADR times right up to park closing so you wouldn't be missing out on park time and the food there is delicious. No need to worry about transportation logistics then, either.

For our AK day, we are going to Sanaa after the park closes. It's nearby, nice food. Only downside is transportation will not be super straightforward because we will have to get a lyft back to resort after or take a bus to a park with a later close time (e.g., hollywood studios or EP, depending on when dinner ends) and change buses there.

For our AK day, we are going to Sanaa after the park closes. It's nearby, nice food. Only downside is transportation will not be super straightforward because we will have to get a lyft back to resort after or take a bus to a park with a later close time (e.g., hollywood studios or EP, depending on when dinner ends) and change buses there.

i actually wanted Sanaa because we would love to walk around AKL...but unfortunately not available :guilty:

i actually wanted Sanaa because we would love to walk around AKL...but unfortunately not available :guilty:
Too bad, though you can always keep checking for cancellations. In that case I second the recommendation for a dinner at Tiffins shortly before park closing. Cali Grill is another good choice, though still issues with the transportation options if you go that route.

I love all the AK resort dining venues. Also love Tiffins and Yak and Yeti at AK. But it might be a good time to try a resort venue. Since you can't park hop and not everything is open and crowds are low. And Tiffins and Jiko are signature...kinda of pricey and fancy so you may not want that after spending time in AK. So I suggest the Wave at Contemporary. Or any of the BW/BC places. Maybe Ale and Compass or LA Trattoria or Beaches and Cream. What resort are you staying at? Maybe pick a resort somewhat close to yours or near the same park so you can bus from dinner to park and then back to your resort easier. If on monorail, pick another monorail resort...The Wave....Ohana....Grand FL Cafe (if after NBA bubble closure). Toledo in the Gran Destino Tower is good but also in the NBA bubble and will be blocked out until they are done.

I love all the AK resort dining venues. Also love Tiffins and Yak and Yeti at AK. But it might be a good time to try a resort venue. Since you can't park hop and not everything is open and crowds are low. And Tiffins and Jiko are signature...kinda of pricey and fancy so you may not want that after spending time in AK. So I suggest the Wave at Contemporary. Or any of the BW/BC places. Maybe Ale and Compass or LA Trattoria or Beaches and Cream. What resort are you staying at? Maybe pick a resort somewhat close to yours or near the same park so you can bus from dinner to park and then back to your resort easier. If on monorail, pick another monorail resort...The Wave....Ohana....Grand FL Cafe (if after NBA bubble closure). Toledo in the Gran Destino Tower is good but also in the NBA bubble and will be blocked out until they are done.

we have lunch ressies at Yak and Yeti and while i love tiffins, i think it's just a great time to venture to a resort. Being that you can't go to resorts unless you are staying there or have a reservation, i think that's pretty much our only option for something to do in the evening if we want to avoid disney springs and city walk.

we are staying at POP due to getting moved from our previous hotel (coronado) and don't really mind the transportation issue!

Last edited:

where are you staying? we also are not eating any meals at DS's. we picked either in park or in a resort near where we are staying to keep it easy.

Follow up to that..it would help to look at the restaurants that are even an option for our date/time preference:

-Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge
-Kona at Poly
-Wave at Contemporary
-Cali Grille at Contemporary
-Trattoria at Boardwalk
-Topolino Terrace at Riviera
-Grand Floridian Cafe

there are a few others that i wasn't really going to consider but could probably be persuaded:
Olivias Cafe at Key West
Il Mulino at Swan

Il Mulino is really good. I also like the Wave and Grand Floridian Cafe. Cali Grill is great but with no fireworks I would try something else

Il Mulino is incredible so if you like the menu I highly recommend trying it! We just ate at Cali Grill again this past Monday and it was fabulous even without any fireworks.
If you rather not do a signature WCC skillets are really good as well!

Satu’li Cantina is getting good reviews in Pandora. It is located as you leave the Flight of PanDora and is open for breakfast 10:30 thru 6 p.m. for dinner . Times may change so doublecheck ... The interior is huge and they probably require mobile order but have been allowing to seat inside with meal ready pickup.

A speciality salad at the Boat House with the yummy rolls is a must for me every trip to FL WDW. They do have an outdoor area for dining. I wonder if you could go straight there and avoid the shopping etc.?? Boma is the only place I have ever eaten at AKL and it was excellent.

Since you're staying at Pop, why not take the Skyliner over to the Riviera Resort for dinner at Topolino's Terrace? That's quickly become my favorite restaurant on property.

i appreciate all the advice---such a newbie with resort dining!

So far---we have gone with Cali Grille (my boyfriend LOVES sushi) and Sanaa (which had an opening and what we originally wanted !!)

even though i hate being that person, i made two reservations.
one at cali for 5:30 and one at sanaa for 7:30

but ugh now topolino terrace is throwing a wrench. it looks yummy and the transportation aspect is really convenient
my boyfriend isn't really into italian, but there seems to be wonderful alternatives.

i appreciate all the advice---such a newbie with resort dining!

So far---we have gone with Cali Grille (my boyfriend LOVES sushi) and Sanaa (which had an opening and what we originally wanted !!)

even though i hate being that person, i made two reservations.
one at cali for 5:30 and one at sanaa for 7:30

but ugh now topolino terrace is throwing a wrench. it looks yummy and the transportation aspect is really convenient
my boyfriend isn't really into italian, but there seems to be wonderful alternatives.
Lol. Wait your boyfriend will eat raw fish but not italian. Try the steak and shake around town .

Lol. Wait your boyfriend will eat raw fish but not italian. Try the steak and shake around town .

no we eat italian...but why go out of our way to pay disney prices for italian when we can and do make fettuccine alfredo or chicken marsala at home.

just like when we go to disney we don't do rainforest cafe

now what we can't do...is make sushi at home.
because we have tried

and failed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter