Help Me Find a Disney Related Name for my dog

dancin Disney style

<font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa
We are hoping to adopt a dog(female) this week and want to give her a Disney name. What suggestions do you have? It could be ride related or restaurant related....anything really.

She has the obvious ones on her list....Minnie, Winnie, Daisy, Tinker Belle and Lilo. DD is also pretty much against princess names.

Fire away.....

You can’t have Daisy, as we’ve already used that for our dog (although my wife read somewhere that Daisy is actually the number one name for female dogs).

It was either Daisy for a girl, or Indy if it was a boy (“the dog’s name was Indiana...”).

Clarabelle, Minnie’s friend
Leota, as in Madame Leota
Blair for Mary Blair, Small World designer
Skippy or Skipper for the Jungle Cruise skippers
Liberty for Liberty Square
Leia, Star Wars
Roz, Monsters, Inc
Peach (could call her Peachy ❤️🍑), Finding Nemo
Rover, the dog in Carousel of Progress
Gadget, Rescue Rangers
Trixie, Country Bears
Dahlia, Dahlia Lounge at Coronado Springs
Kona, Kona Cafe at the Poly
Casey, Casey’s Corner
Pearl for the Black Pearl
Joy, Inside Out
Winnie, Hocus Pocus
Mal, Descendants
Perdy, 101 Dalmatians
Mim, as in Madame Mim, Sword in the Stone
Penny, The Rescuers

that was fun! You’ll have to let us know what you end up naming your pup. Congrats on your new furry child!

Walt's wife was named Lillian so there is a thought
Faline from Bambi
We are big Monsters Inc fans so Boo comes to mind
Dash from The Incredibles
Ellie from UP
Poly short for Polynesian (Resort)
Tiki from Tiki Room
Gracey for Master Gracey/Haunted Mansion
Kali for Kali River Rapids
Casey for Casey's Corner

What kind of dog is she thinking about? I feel like some names might be better suited to small vs. large, dark vs. light...
I'm working with a rescue that brings dogs from Egypt. Over there small, fluffy, white dogs are very popular. In particular Havanese and Maltese. The little one I'm trying to adopt is a Havanese X Doodle. She's approx 20llbs.

Wow I have to say great minds think alike...maybe it's just Disney minds. Many of your suggestions we had already thought of.

Can't use Casey...that's my brothers name.
Boo....DD shot that down, she thinks it's cute but doesn't want to end up calling the dog Boo Boo
Skipper...she said no because Barbie's sister is Skipper and she never liked Barbie...but we do LOVE Skipper Canteen
Gracey....I think is great but she HATES the HM and only rides it to make me happy
Kali...another huge NO...she knows a girl with that name and would prefer to never speak the name again.

Lillian.... The dog's current name is Lily and I immediately said this is the dog that we are meant to get. We've been trying to get a dog for 8+ months and I think this is a sign. DD doesn't like the name though. I even tried mentioning the story behind the boat at DS.

Lots of great suggestions you've all given...keep them coming!!!!

You can’t have Daisy, as we’ve already used that for our dog (although my wife read somewhere that Daisy is actually the number one name for female dogs).

It was either Daisy for a girl, or Indy if it was a boy (“the dog’s name was Indiana...”).
No worries....even though Daisy is on her short list she really doesn't like it. I'm pushing for Winnie....not that I'm a huge WtP fan but I think it's cute. Girl names are a lot harder than boy names....the last dog we were in line to get was a boy and the name list was very long. One of my favourites on that list is Astro and I think a girl could have that name too.

We have a Finn, my son loves Star Wars, so any of the girl names from there would work for him (Leia, Rey, Padme).

We have a cat named Elsa. She is from a rescue and the only one we didn't change the name for. Her little sister in the rescue was named Anna.

I'm working with a rescue that brings dogs from Egypt. Over there small, fluffy, white dogs are very popular. In particular Havanese and Maltese. The little one I'm trying to adopt is a Havanese X Doodle. She's approx 20llbs.

My cousin adopted a dog from Egypt last year and called him Atlas.
No Disney connection but I thought it was a great name.
This dog has been an amazing pet so far, so much so that they just adopted a second one from Egypt!

Last edited:
that's where our new fur ggrandbaby came from and I'd love to chat about the VERY frustrating experience to double check who you're working with! The girls are having to take her to the vet again today, 2nd time since she arrived Thursday morning. She has 2 tick born diseases, a parasite, open sores on her back and diarrhea so bad they needed to completely paper the kitchen with puppy pee pads since she's not house trained 🤦‍♀️sweetest looking puppy and she's gradually warming up to the girls and settling in but we all feel they were misled terribly. They expected a house trained dog that's good with children and other animals and clearly she's not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter