Help Me Find a Disney Related Name for my dog

Havanese are so cute!

For a little white pup, my first thought is Flo, after the Grand Floridian.

Or Poppy/Mary for Mary Poppins.

Marie (the white kitten from Aristocats) would be cute.

Birdie, like the white birds in the Tiki room (or one of their names: Colette, Suzette...)

And from what people have already said, I love Kevin, Evie, Blair, and Elsa best!

that's where our new fur ggrandbaby came from and I'd love to chat about the VERY frustrating experience to double check who you're working with! The girls are having to take her to the vet again today, 2nd time since she arrived Thursday morning. She has 2 tick born diseases, a parasite, open sores on her back and diarrhea so bad they needed to completely paper the kitchen with puppy pee pads since she's not house trained 🤦‍♀️sweetest looking puppy and she's gradually warming up to the girls and settling in but we all feel they were misled terribly. They expected a house trained dog that's good with children and other animals and clearly she's not!
Oh dear that sounds bad. I think I’m going to be ok...I hope. The dog is currently in foster care here and I’ve seen pictures of her from a couple of days ago. We will be meeting her today. We’ve been going through this rescue thing for 8ish months so I’ve learned a TON and this rescue seems to be doing a great job. This dog had a previous home but when the family got tired of her they just put out in the street. It’s a very common thing in Egypt....that and beheading a dog they no longer want.

that's where our new fur ggrandbaby came from and I'd love to chat about the VERY frustrating experience to double check who you're working with! The girls are having to take her to the vet again today, 2nd time since she arrived Thursday morning. She has 2 tick born diseases, a parasite, open sores on her back and diarrhea so bad they needed to completely paper the kitchen with puppy pee pads since she's not house trained 🤦‍♀️sweetest looking puppy and she's gradually warming up to the girls and settling in but we all feel they were misled terribly. They expected a house trained dog that's good with children and other animals and clearly she's not!
That’s so sad. Poor pup. You would think they’d check the dogs for parasites and disease before sending, and treat them. Diarrhea can be so dangerous in small dogs, I hope the vet can get it under control soon. I can understand not being housetrained because these dogs were probably strays.
I’m surprised the Canadian govt allows sick animals in?

So our visit went well. She is FABULOUS........so sweet and calm. She took a little time to be cautious of us (it might have been the masks) but once she came in for some love she never left us. She followed us to the door and wanted to leave with us :love: I just spoke with the foster mom and she said there is one other family planning to set up a visit. I got proactive and texted the woman at the rescue and told her I NEED this dog in my life.

LOL....she not so little. She has short little legs and looks like she should weigh 10llbs but heck no, she's a tank. I've got to figure out how to hold her. She can't be scooped up and held under your arm. She did seem to enjoy being held...she put both paws around my DD's neck.

Last edited:
I'm afraid to jinx it by actually say this but the rescue has posted 'adoption pending to a pre approved family'......so far we are the only family to meet the dog and I know we are pre approved.

DD gave me her short list last night.
Maui
Astro
Kona

I was really loving Winnie but it seems that's off the list.

I'm afraid to jinx it by actually say this but the rescue has posted 'adoption pending to a pre approved family'......so far we are the only family to meet the dog and I know we are pre approved.

Maui
Astro
Kona

I love Maui. but then I drive a Kona so wouldn't name my dog after my car lol. Astro is cute too, reminds me of those commercials when I was a kid, with the robot who could put his arm back on? Not sure that was actually his name though :)

Any of them are cute and glad you were able to finally get a dog! They are such a great thing for stress, and keeping active. And just fun to cuddle :)

Maui
Astro
Kona

Ohhhh I am getting so invested in YOUR dog adoption! I was telling my own kids about it last night LOL. I am so excited for you!

We had a dog named Kona because we got married on the Big Island of Hawaii near Kona. The problem we found with the name was that it kind of couldn't be shortened so she ended up with the kids nick-naming her Kona-bona.

I am personally a little biased toward the Hawaiian names on your list but I will forgive you if you end up naming her with Astro, it is cute too LOL!

I love Maui. but then I drive a Kona so wouldn't name my dog after my car lol. Astro is cute too, reminds me of those commercials when I was a kid, with the robot who could put his arm back on? Not sure that was actually his name though :)

Any of them are cute and glad you were able to finally get a dog! They are such a great thing for stress, and keeping active. And just fun to cuddle :)
Remember The Jetsons ? Their dog was Astro and old lay it took place in the year 2020. In this case it would be after Astro Orbiter. Oddly, DD hates that ride.

Ohhhh I am getting so invested in YOUR dog adoption! I was telling my own kids about it last night LOL. I am so excited for you!

We had a dog named Kona because we got married on the Big Island of Hawaii near Kona. The problem we found with the name was that it kind of couldn't be shortened so she ended up with the kids nick-naming her Kona-bona.

I am personally a little biased toward the Hawaiian names on your list but I will forgive you if you end up naming her with Astro, it is cute too LOL!
LOL...I hadn’t thought of the island of Kona. It might be the top one on her list. I feel like Maui would sound good when calling the dog. AND...I plan to marry Dwayne Johnson when I grow up.

Kona is a city on the big Island of Hawaii. It is very nice there (although I haven't been to the big Island since 1984 as a teen). I didn't know there was a car called that. Have to google it now lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter