Help me identify this old ride

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
There used to be a ride, I THINK it was in the MK, where, near the end of the ride, it felt like you were racing through a dark tunnel-wind was blowing towards you and there were lights rotating around your ride vehicle. Does anyone know which one this was?

'If you had wings, If you had Wings, If you had Wings had Wings had Wings........" By a now defunct airline. Eastern I believe?:confused:

I think I remember that. When you ended the ride didn't it put you out in a showroom with new cars???

Originally posted by simonmunro
I think I remember that. When you ended the ride didn't it put you out in a showroom with new cars???

That was World of Motion at Epcot. Now Test Track.

That's funny, I never rode "if you had wings", but my first thought from the description was Space Mountain. The end of that ride (in Disneyland at least), was a wind tunnel with bright lights.

The spinning strobe room is still there and is a segment of the Buzz ride.:earsboy:

The ride that is now the Pooh ride at Magic Kingdom was formerly know as Mr. Toads Wild Ride or something close to that. In the final "scene" your car entered a "tunnel" with a bright train headlight and train whistle coming toward you. You went straight toward the train and doors suddenly opened in front of you leading to the end of the ride.

This was one of my Husbands favorite rides.

390 days till our first cruise on the Wonder

Oopps - just re-read Simba's Mom post. What she described was "If you had Wings". I should pay better attention to what I read.

I remember! That was a ride when I was a kid (1976 trip) that I was not going to use my ticket for :)

It wasn't that long ago my mom was cleaning out the attic & came across a couple of those old books. Worth alot of sentimental value.

"If You Had Wings" didn't require a ticket, if I remember correctly. I know that we went on it over and over again on our early trips to WDW.

I also remember that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was one of the few C ticket attractions that we were interested in, so we spent a lot of time on that one, too.

Beth

Originally posted by bethbuchall
"If You Had Wings" didn't require a ticket, if I remember correctly. I know that we went on it over and over again on our early trips to WDW.

You are correct, Beth. Other free attractions were:

Walt Disney Story
Carousel of Progress
Circle-Vision 360

No wonder Carousel of Progress has always been a favorite...that was another that we rode over and over again when I was young! The Walt Disney Story, too. I enjoyed CircleVision, but it made my mother motion sick, so we didn't do that one much.

What great memories!

Beth

CoP was sponsored by GE. All the appliances were GE. At the very beginning of the show where there is a circle with multicolored lights, that used to be a GE logo. There also was a reference to "the folks at GE" at one point in the show.

Oh Man that took a while for the synapses to strt firing... I remember that ride. Specifically the cars that you rode in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter