Help me plan New Year's trip!

JamJamFam

Earning My Ears
Hello, all!

I have a conference in Orlando from January 2-5, and my husband and I have decided to go down on 12/29 just the two of us for a trip together. This will only be our second trip alone together since having kids! I am so excited! I have booked many, many Disney trips and am well versed there, but I've only planned a trip to Orlando without Disney once. I am considering an Airbnb or a Universal area hotel. I'd like to stay under $200 a night. We will have three full days and two half days.

Some non-negotiables for us:

- Universal (two full days)
- Broadway Brunch at Hamburger Mary's

Considering:
- EPCOT

My questions are as follows:

- Where should we stay?
- What are some fun non-theme park things for couples in Orlando?
- What are some awesome NYE things in Orlando?

Thank you in advance!

We went to Epcot for NYE last year and it was amazing! The fireworks are the best I've ever seen and they have DJs set up in the different countries which are really cool. There are crowds though (but that's how it is at Universal that whole week too)

Universal also has an EVE party on NYE but we didn't go to that as I think you had to either be 18+ or 21+. It sounded fun though.
Universal has great decorations, a fun holiday parade, and a holiday projection show onto Hogwarts.

We usually stay onsite at Disney so I can't help you with the hotels. Have a great trip!

Since the Broadway Brunch is on a Sunday and you’ll already be downtown, I suggest going to the Lake Eola Farmer’s Market; it’s really lovely. It goes from 10-4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter