Help me think this through, can I list one person on 2 rooms?

georgina

DIS Veteran
I have been toying with the idea of taking the family to Universal for Thanksgiving. Express passes are really pricey then, so I am looking at RPR. I would like to go Club level so everyone can get breakfast, hang out at the lounge whenever. I have one married DD, so she and her DH would get their own room. My other adult DD would be OK sharing a 2 queen room with us. My adult DS, however, needs his own sleeping space as he keeps odd hours. However, I really don't want to pay an extra $100 a night to get him his own club room if I can avoid it. The 2 queen rooms sleep 4, could I list him as a guest in our Club room (paying the extra adult price), but get a standard room also for him to sleep in? Can I list him on both rooms or would i need to invent another child for the extra standard room? It seems to me this isn't cheating because the club room would accommodate all of us, but I'm looking for opinions or other ideas. I don't remember if they ask for IDs for all the guests.

You should be able to do that. While I haven't done quite the same thing, I've make many hotel reservations for my parents/siblings/friends before. I will put the actual number of persons sleeping in each room on the reservation. Then when you check in, just tell the check-in agent that you would like to put the maximum number of names to your club room and you will be willing to pay for any extra "person" costs for that room. Just be upfront with the check-in agent. They should be able to work it out for you. The fact that one of the rooms may have persons with the same name doesn't mean anything. My son, father and myself all share the same name. They can handle that just fine.

I may give it a try. I just started thinking about it today with the latest email about holiday happenings. It's our turn to have DD and her DH for Thanksgiving this year, the other 2 live on the west coast so they don't usually come home for Thanksgiving, but they have seen the Harry Potter worlds while oldest and her DH have not. So we'll see who wants to go.

I wonder if there are direct Seattle to Orlando flights? Maybe that would encourage DS to come.

Whatever you decide works best, go with it

But as soon as ap rates are released for your dates, book then

Later in the year rooms will book up and have increased prices the closer you get to your dates

Once you are locked in you can modify your rates if they decrease, if that would happen

They are surprisingly not bad right now. For booking 5 nights from Nov 21 - 26, standard was 305/nt and club 406 (plus tax). If I drop it down to 4 nights however, the rate goes up to 389 & 462.

Shouldn't be a problem at all.

Nothing shady about it if the extra adult is listed on the club room. At that point you are basically buying a spare room, something no hotel would like to discourage. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter