HELP! Need new Driving Route MA to WDW

The Duchess

DIS Veteran
Trying to reroute our trip to Disney around the Washington/Virginia area. Current Plan is I95 through to Fredericksburg, VA (!!) for first day of travel.

Last trip we took 84 to 81 and then cut over down South back to I95, but there were so many BSTs (Big Scary Trucks) on 81 it was a nightmare...these are only two or three lane highways.

Hi, We live in De. The way we avoid Baltimore/Wash is to use Rte 301.. When you drive into del, get off at the exit for 896. it is near Newark De. It is the last exit in De. Take 896 south will merge with 301. It is a nice drive, some trucks mostly a 4 line road. there are lights and local traffic near Bowie and till you get away from the Wash area. It puts you back on I-95 north of Richmond. after that you know the drive to Fl is pretty easy. Also till they find the sniper around Wash it might be the safer way to go. It takes the same amount of time for us to ge either way,, It is just alittle less stressful. Good luck and have a safe trip. Patsy:D

Patsy1969
Thank you! That route at least takes us off the "main" interstate and is certainly shorter than going all the way out to 81. It seems that this nut is sticking mainly to the main interstates. I'm still really nervous about this area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter