Help needed....fit in a "free" day?

klamb55

Earning My Ears
So we are booked for Jan 25- Jan 30.

To maximize our time we are staying local on the 24th and then again on the 31st so we can have a full 6 days at the parks & resort.

Trying to figure out a strategy and here is what we have so far:

Jan 25 - Epcot
Jan 26- Magic Kingdom Pt 1
Jan 27- Animal Kingdom
Jan 28 - Nothing yet except Character Breakfast and Dinner @ 7pm Sci fi Dine

We are trying to free up a good chunk of day for Disney Springs and maybe horseback riding or something different away from the parks, but just dont see how we can manage it since we still have Hollywood Studios & the rest of Magic Kingdom.

Agreed, if you have the park hopper, I would try to work in at least another 1/2 day at MK and 1/2 day at DHS.

We are going for 5 days in late Feb and bought 3 day park hoppers during Visit Orlando’s 10% off Black Friday sale. This is our plan:

2/25 arrive early evening
2/26 MK for the day moving to Epcot for PM EMH
2/27 AK for the day & back to MK for PM EMH
2/28 off day - Kissimmee Swamp Tours & DS
3/1 DHS for the day & Epcot for a last view of Illuminations
3/2 US/IOA leave for MCO around 6:30 for an 8:45 flight home ☹️

It’s kind of a quick trip but I think we will get plenty done.

To maximize our time we are staying local on the 24th and then again on the 31st so we can have a full 6 days at the parks & resort.

Jan 25 - Epcot
Jan 27- Animal Kingdom

We are trying to free up a good chunk of day for Disney Springs and maybe horseback riding or something different away from the parks, but just dont see how we can manage it since we still have Hollywood Studios & the rest of Magic Kingdom.

If you're having dinner at Sci-Fi, then you're already at Studios for at least part of that day. Where is your breakfast? If breakfast is at a resort, I would make the 28th your free day. Move Sci-Fi to the 29th and then do MK again on the 30th.

Hollywood Studios is by far my favorite park and we spend 2 days there every trip and we never park hop but after saying that you really need at least and extra half day at Magic Kingdom and with 1/2 day at Hollywood at least you can do several of the attractions.

If you're having dinner at Sci-Fi, then you're already at Studios for at least part of that day. Where is your breakfast? If breakfast is at a resort, I would make the 28th your free day. Move Sci-Fi to the 29th and then do MK again on the 30th.

The only problem with that is there is no availability for Sci Fi on the 29th

Jan 25 - Epcot
Jan 27- Animal Kingdom

Our general plan of attack is to go to a park in the morning time frame and do our FP's and whatever rides have low wait times, and then back to our resort for a mid-day rest/swim (if warm enough days during your trip), then we freshen up and head back to a different park at night. Our nightly park just depends on wherever we find a FP for. We usually book that FP during the daytime after we are done at the first park.

However, since Toy Story Land has opened, HS has become a must-do park for us preferably at night. So now I book our FP's for HS for night time. That means we sort of wing the daytime - for you that could mean your horseback riding or Disney Springs time. Maybe on Jan. 28 you could plan a day like this since you will be at HS at night with dining plans.

This is just a personal preference, but we usually split up Epcot day with either MK or HS. (Unless we are staying at an Epcot resort....then we tend to pop in to Epcot more often.)

AK could very well be a full day for your family depending on what you guys want to do there. If you do the various animal trails besides the rides, then you will be there a while. When my kids were younger, we used to stay there from morning until night time. Now, it tends to be a half day for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!