Help needed for dining choices - BOG is causing us a headache!

Emmafleur

Mouseketeer
Hi, I’m after a little help to decide how to spend our 14 DDP TS credits please. We are going backwards and forwards over whether to go for dinner at BOG now it’s 2 DDP credits. If we don’t go there we will have our 14 credits sorted as we will go to Skipper Canteen instead. However, if we decide to go to BOG we don’t have enough credits to do everything we want to do it. Here’s a list of our reservations:

Crystal Palace breakfast
Coral Reef
Be Our Guest dinner (2 credits)
Sci Fi diner
O’hana
Tusker House Breakfast
California Grill (2 credits)
Sanaa lunch
Spice Road Table
San Angel lunch
T Rex
Yak and Yeti
Olivia’s breakfast

So, what do we do? Use two credits at BOG and pay for a different meal OOP? Is that the best use of DDP credits? If we had to choose to pay one other meal OOP instead which would be the best one to choose? Or pay for BOG OOP and try to squeeze another TS meal in? One other thing, could we pay for a couple of people with DDP and the rest with cash? (there are 5 in our party). Just wondering if we could pay OOP for three people at BOG and keep some TS credits for somewhere else, or is that just complicating things even more? Thanks for any advice. Sorry about the long, tricky post!

I don't know which is more or less expensive...but look at your options of lunch versus dinner. There may be some difference of the same restaurant being more or less depending on meal of the day. Perhaps look at distripplanner.com. often it is helpful to see which, if any, dining plan would be best for your plans, but it also provides cash prices along with projected tip...and if you have apps or desserts with your meals. That may help.

I'd pay BOG OOP as the new prix fix menu is $55 per adult and $35 per child. It's not worth using two dining credits for that price. The new menu looks really good and well worth it for that price.

I'd pay BOG OOP as the new prix fix menu is $55 per adult and $35 per child. It's not worth using two dining credits for that price. The new menu looks really good and well worth it for that price.

Thank you. That’s what I keep hearing but $55 is still a lot of money for us each to pay. I really don’t like trying to do maths :(

How much are the breakfast adr's?

We made sure we had a 2 credit adr to free up some time, we've chose Boathouse.

We have a lot of restaurants we want to try but struggle to fit in 14 individual adr's.

How much are the breakfast adr's?

We made sure we had a 2 credit adr to free up some time, we've chose Boathouse.

We have a lot of restaurants we want to try but struggle to fit in 14 individual adr's.
We’re struggling a bit too especially as we’re going to Universal for two days. Except California Grill and BOG all other ADRs are one credit. We are doubling up some days, doing early breakfast then a meal for dinner too. Luckily we’re an all adult party so, for us, the TS meals are a big part of the holiday experience. I think we’re looking forward to the food as much as anything else :)

We are going to universal for 3 days, we are staying at POR so taking full advantage of the boat to Disney springs and have booked a lot of evening restaurants there.

We have 2 little ones and 1 of those is super fussy so we are limited with which restaurants we can book :rolleyes: The food is still a big part of our holiday too and choosing/booking the adrs is half the fun :goodvibes

I watched a vlog of the breakfast in Garden Grill and it looked soooooo yummy I booked a last minute adr which has thrown a major spanner in the works :hyper:

That's a lot of sit down dining.
Do you have Disney kids (3-9).going? If so, maybe pay OOP for their kid's meals and use credits at BOG?

Thank you.
Is that the cheapest way round it all? I keep reading that BOG is not worth 2 DDP credits.
No meal is worth 2 credits, but BOG is a beautiful place, try Touring plan reservations finders and look for a lunch ADR or Breakfasts. I would prefer not to pay out of pocket any meal, but also wouldn’t miss the opportunity to visit BOG.
T-Rex prices are really good, and their portions are huge! is very easy to share an entree, we always get appetizer, entree and for dessert Chocolate Extinction!

That's a lot of sit down dining.
Do you have Disney kids (3-9).going? If so, maybe pay OOP for their kid's meals and use credits at BOG?
We’re all adults (they are my kids but youngest is 21 :) ) so sit down meals are something we really enjoyed last time we went to WDW and have been a big part of our planning this time. We love the theming of so many restaurants as well as some of the character meet ones. We also find that it’s a great way to relax, chat and enjoy some time together out of the heat and bustle of the parks. I just wish I could still pay child prices for my babies though :)

No meal is worth 2 credits, but BOG is a beautiful place, try Touring plan reservations finders and look for a lunch ADR or Breakfasts. I would prefer not to pay out of pocket any meal, but also wouldn’t miss the opportunity to visit BOG.
T-Rex prices are really good, and their portions are huge! is very easy to share an entree, we always get appetizer, entree and for dessert Chocolate Extinction!
We already have a lunch reservation for BOG so I think we might be leaning towards that instead of dinner. Reading some of the reviews for the new 2 credit dinner and looking at the menu I’m not sure it’s ‘different’ enough from when we went with 1 credit to justify using 2 credits on it or paying OOP.

If you just want to see BOG why not just pay for breakfast or lunch out of pocket? I have to say that, with the new menu and the new cost, lunch will be my choice in the future.

If you just want to see BOG why not just pay for breakfast or lunch out of pocket? I have to say that, with the new menu and the new cost, lunch will be my choice in the future.
Thanks, I think I’m starting to think that way too. We have the DDP so will get lunch on that as a CS meal won’t we? I’m still not too sure about our entitlements in some restaurants.

We've eaten dinner at BOG once in the past but felt it was over-priced. We did like the theming though and so have booked lunch there several times since: good food, out of the heat so a great place for a rest. I would echo Pooh's Honey Pot and say try to get an ADR for a lunch. You can also pick your own table at lunch in whichever part of the restaurant you want rather than being shown to a particular table at dinner or having to wait for the area you would like. No characters if you're desperate to meet Beast but only costs a QS credit. Must say that we're tempted to give it another go at our October trip following the introduction of the Prix Fixe menu. No availability at the moment but have put a request in with Touring Plans ADR finder service. Wouldn't use 2 table credits for it though and would pay out of pocket using my Tables in Wonderland card.

Mrs TT

We've eaten dinner at BOG once in the past but felt it was over-priced. We did like the theming though and so have booked lunch there several times since: good food, out of the heat so a great place for a rest. I would echo Pooh's Honey Pot and say try to get an ADR for a lunch. You can also pick your own table at lunch in whichever part of the restaurant you want rather than being shown to a particular table at dinner or having to wait for the area you would like. No characters if you're desperate to meet Beast but only costs a QS credit. Must say that we're tempted to give it another go at our October trip following the introduction of the Prix Fixe menu. No availability at the moment but have put a request in with Touring Plans ADR finder service. Wouldn't use 2 table credits for it though and would pay out of pocket using my Tables in Wonderland card.

Mrs TT
Thank you. Luckily we have a lunch reservation so I think we will cancel the dinner and just go for lunch. We’ve managed to get an adr for Skipper Canteen for dinner on the night we would have gone to BOG and my daughter is also desperate to try The Edison so I think we’ll swap out our two credits that way instead. Thank you everyone for your advice. What a shame that BOG doesn’t sound like it’s giving good value for money for dinner at the moment. I’m kind of hoping that after the refurb in August they will be offering a little bit extra for 2 credits :)

My thought exactly. Menu looks interesting and at $55 for 3 courses I thought looked like good value (for Disney) but not worth 2 table credits hence my decision to pay OOP.

Mrs TT

Definitely not worth two table credits, but worth the $55/adult. Plus, I believe you get a non-alcoholic, non-specialty beverage too :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter