Help needed

MinniMama

addicted to the mouse
I have never gone to Disney adults only so what are the best things to do is there anything to do in MK? We are not ride people so hints needed!

Do you mean that you aren't coaster or "big ride" people or that you don't ride any rides at all?
Some of our (DH &I) favorite things to do at MK are Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates and Haunted Mansion. We like to stroll around liesurely, browse the shops, ride the TTA and Train, sit on a bench and "people watch". Have ice cream for dinner if we want to. Go to Crystal Palace for a character breakfast. Watch Wishes at night. It is a totally different way to see and experience everything when it's "just adults". No rushing from place to place, no worries, just pleasing yourselves. Hope you have a great trip!

While I do enjoy the rides, I like to go to WDW just to eat! :mickeybar Read up on MK restaurants, including the resort ones nearby, and plan a great meal (or 2 or 3!). Other suggestions: If the train doesn't bother you, ride around the MK. Enjoy the parades, afternoon or evening. Take the raft out to Tom Sawyer Island and explore or hang out on the porch at Aunt Polly's. You could also ride the monorail or boats to area resorts - the boats can be very relaxing.

On my last trip to WDW, I spent a day exploring the area around the MK without ever entering the park. I took a bus to the MK gates, then hopped a boat to the TTC. From there I rode the monorail back to WDW and checked out the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian Resorts. I really enjoyed walking along the beach between the Poly and GF. I was unable to get a PS for the Afternoon Tea, but had a wonderful dinner at 'Ohana. It was a great day, and I spent very little to boot! If you want to experience the park, though, there is still a lot to see and do even without riding the rides.

Disney with kids is memorable, fun and exciting. Disney World without kids is AWESOME!!! We stayed at the BI. We investigated corners of EPCOT we never had the time to check out. We took a couple afternoon naps!!! I plan two meals a day at wonderful places. It was so relaxing, we had very little planned and just did what we felt like. Winter-Summerland Mini golf is fun. Things I have on my list for next December that we've never done yet are PI, especially the Comedy Club, Jellyrolls, the sleigh ride from WL.

Of course we have MVMCP and Candlelight Processional to do. Also the Osbourne lights we've never seen. We go to each park and ride our favorites. I have to see Honey I Shrunk the Audience and DH has to do Tower of Terror, we both like Splash Mountain and we fit in our other ones too, but we really don't HAVE to do many. We like shopping at DTD. That's shopping WITHOUT kids hanging on your sleeve whining to "come on"!!! :( We checked out shops we never knew exsisted and today I read about more that we missed. Read some of the "Disney secrets" threads and check some out.

After our first time alone last December, now I look at our future "alone" trips like a "getaway from it all" break at a wonderful resort, with almost any kind of activity to do at our fingertips if we have the desire surrounded by people who would just like us to have a magical day and help make it so............ Then it's back to reality!!! :(

I just spent a 12 hour solo day at Epcot and only did one ride. Not because of lines, either. There weren't any.

Check out the entertainment list before you get to the park. There are many entertaining shows!

My favorites were the Jammitors (a STOMP-like group). Off Kilter in Canada. Serveur Amusant in France. Statue in Italy. American Vybe and Voices of Liberty in US were great! I could have spent the entire day listening to them. Watching the fountain! (My favorite thing to do). I think I spent 2 hours total just doing this. Watching Illuminations is a must for me. And people watching. (My all time favorite thing!) I also explored the Living Seas. I hadn't done this since I was a child.

Also, shopping, shopping, shopping and eating!!!!

Enjoy!

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter