Help please... leaving in 23 days

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
Tell me what I need to know - this trip will be different for obvious reasons, but also we are driving instead of flying, staying off property instead of on, no dining plan, no fast passes... I feel completely unprepared... though I do have tickets and park reservations. No idea how to navigate the parks, still unsure about dining, etc. Also, we have never been during October usually go May/June. Thanks,

You can book dinning reservations up to 60 days from arrival even though you are not staying at a Disney resort. You just log into your MDE acct to book. Make sure to account for the fact you will have to pay for parking at the parks. Going in Oct the temp is the same as May and June. Very hot and humid. Not to mention Oct is hurricane season so pack an extra pair of shoes and poncho's.

We were at Epcot Labor day weekend. Crowds are very minimal but they are there. Use your Disney App. MDE is your friend To navigate around wait times in each park. Food options are much more limited but there are options. Walk ups are available. Again- use the App. Take a deep breath & go with it. It’ll be fun, fine & more spontaneous. Enjoy.

We went in August and it was definitely a different trip than the kind I usually take. I am NOT a spontaneous person. I like to plan each day down to the minute. Not this time! It was spontaneous, go with the flow, "this isn't available so let's just do this", and tons of fun. I went knowing that many of the things I love aren't available. But I chose to go during this time and I chose to have a great time, and we absolutely did! It didn't change me into a spontaneous person, but it was a great experience. Best advice I can give you is go with the right attitude and you will have a wonderful vacation. It's still Disney, after all!

We bought gift cards Disney, Landrys and starbucks to keep our food budget inline...
$200 disney gc per day for the 4 of us...
I move remaining balances to another card sometime in the week. Last March we did not use it all and I used the leftovers bought stuff on shop Disney and our downpayment on October

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!